News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaydreamer24601

Member Name: broadwaydreamer24601
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Aug 6 2023, 05:01:52 PM

Anyone end up with an extra ticket for tonight?

Theater in LA
 Jan 8 2023, 11:29:37 AM

Definitely check and see what's playing at Musical Theatre West, La Mirada, Pasadena Playhouse, The Wallis. All great companies.

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Aug 5 2022, 03:07:18 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "I saw Julie tonight. Jane and the whole cast was in. Julie is delivering a fully realized exceptional performance. From the people around me who’ve seen it multiple times, they say she’s been even better this week..."

I was there last night too and she was just phenomenal. Julie is so brilliant in the role. I was hesitant to return to the production after seeing it a month or two ago, but my god she is worth it. I do hope that they let h

BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022
 Jul 26 2022, 11:23:51 AM

Has anyone seen it recently with all of the understudies that have been on? Totally interested in Kate Bailey and Will B as Barbara and Adam!

Next Elphaba?
 Apr 26 2022, 09:32:20 PM

With Lindsay Pearce announced as the next Janis in the Mean Girls tour, do we know who’s next in line to be Elphaba? 

SIX Lottery Tickets
 Mar 17 2022, 11:53:45 AM

Hey all-any idea where the Six lottery tickets usually end up being located?

Jay Binder leaving casting
 Jul 15 2020, 06:38:26 PM

Thanks, Hogan.

I know some members of his office have been called out for racist behaviors on social media so I wasn't sure if his stepping down had to do with problematic situations. Guess it just seems like a good time to retire with the delayed bway return.

Jay Binder leaving casting
 Jul 15 2020, 05:28:44 PM

Looks like Jay Binder stepped out of his role via this article..I'm not a subscriber so I can't see it. Can anyone copy and paste quote the article?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/legendary-broadway-casting-director-takes-his-final-bow-11594818000

Eric Schaeffer steps down from Signature Theatre (Virginia) amid sexual assault allegations
 Jun 25 2020, 04:48:43 AM

Annoyed that some news outlets are choosing to glorify and up-play his Broadway credits rather than depict him as the predator that he is. Broadway.com did not even mention sexual assault in their headline. Despicable. Another old white man being praised for his accomplishments and not being reprimanded for his disgusting acts.

Tootsie Tour That Would Have Been
 May 25 2020, 02:23:44 AM

bump, anyone know who was cast in this previously? just curious.

Broadway Roles that win Tonys
 May 13 2020, 01:58:49 AM

I think "Whoopi" may have been talking less about the statistics of revivals and numbers of wins vs. the role being well written and moving enough to be Tony-worthy no matter who the original actor is. I see where that's coming from. 

It's more possible to prove the power of a role based on the revival actors also being nominated or winning, for sure.

Another thought from this is that the original actor probably made contributions to the creation of the ch

West Side Story
 Feb 18 2020, 12:42:49 AM

bk said: "Dublin2 said: "You don't attend the theater clearly and have not been to West Side Story. For the past two weeks, Amar has been getting boos, confirmed by me and the others that have attended andmentioned it in this thread. Which makes sense because he sucks.

REAL News.
"

So, two or three idiots booing is Amar getting boos? Have I got that right? Would you like to tell us all how the curtain call is staged? Are these "boos&qu

Entrances That Give You Chills
 Feb 4 2020, 04:04:08 PM

Recently, the entrance at the top of Tina. Loved it.

Becoming Nancy Previews/Performances Atlanta
 Dec 27 2019, 10:56:42 PM

does anyone have a full song list for Becoming Nancy in Atlanta with which characters sing them?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You