News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for anewroomfortworoom

Member Name: anewroomfortworoom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

West Side Story revival?
 Jul 12 2019, 03:11:51 PM

Impossible2 said: “The man is a pig and treated women appallingly and frankly the decision to cast someone in his situation is simply mind boggling. However thefact he has been hired under such controversial circumstances says to me that the people who made that decision know a hell of a lot more about the situation than any of us do. I highly doubt they have hired someone and are going to rehearse this person for however long only to have to drop him if he is charged with a crime.

West Side Story revival?
 Jul 12 2019, 12:02:32 PM
I’m confident Ramasar will be fired.

I’m confident trolls will inevitably attempt to turn the tables and claim they’re the victims, as they’ve done in this thread (and elsewhere...e.g. “presidential harassment”).

I’m confident that people will continue to raise their voices when out of touch producers and casting directors slap victims in the face with foolish casting choices like this one.

I look forward to hearing who the new Bernardo will be once the team ponies up

West Side Story revival?
 Jul 11 2019, 05:42:34 PM

Impossible2 said: “Why would he need to go into rehab for sending a cropped photo to someone?

What kind of rehab is there for such a thing?
"

Rehabilitation — whether literally rehab or another avenue — implies to me the desire to change one’s behavior and to do the necessary work. Without a public statement saying as much, I feel no desire to support a show that casts him. 

West Side Story revival?
 Jul 11 2019, 05:22:45 PM

Impossible2 said: "How do YOU know he has not done this?"

I’m not seeing any sort of public apology on his part. Nor any statement that suggested ownership of his actions. Nor any proof of, or plans for, rehabilitation. 

West Side Story revival?
 Jul 11 2019, 05:10:02 PM

ctorres23 said: "I sincerely hope you can look at those two things and acknowledge the vast difference in severity between the accusations."

What I can do is choose not to support art that employs people who have committed abhorrent behavior and who have not taken the slightest shred of a step towards apology, ownership of their wrongs, and sincere rehabilitation. 

West Side Story revival?
 Jul 11 2019, 04:55:57 PM
I can see absolutely no reason to bend over backwards and defend the behavior that Amar participated in. To take nude photographs of someone without their knowledge or consent, to share them without that person’s knowledge or consent, and to participate in a demeaning conversation about wanting to “violate” these women and their friends...this is textbook toxic male behavior, and if you don’t think it’s a part of rape culture, chances are you don’t know what rape culture means. There is no reaso
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You