News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Stevil907

Stevil907 Profile Photo
Member Name: Stevil907
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The infamous BAND IN BERLIN (1999): anyone else here see it?  Nov 10 2017, 09:38:25 AM

Wow, that is a blast from the past that I am surprised anyone remembered.

I actually worked at the American Music Theater Festival (later, after I left, it became known as The Prince Music Theater) while the piece was being developed.  So I sat through many rehearsals, techs, and performances.  I had nothing to do with the transfer but always was proud to say a show I worked on went to Broadway.  That being said, I thought it was an odd fit for Broadway, especially given

GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE... - Staying Power  Nov 25 2013, 01:34:52 PM
Has there been any talk of a recording for Gentleman's Guide?
RE: Matilda Souvenir Program  Nov 6 2013, 12:10:10 PM
As far as I know there is no souvenir program yet.

Here is a link to the online store - http://www.matildathemusicalstore.com/

Gentleman's Guide rush...  Oct 27 2013, 01:50:10 PM
I didn't rush the show, but I saw the matinee yesterday. I was at the box office around 1030 just to pick up my ticket and the guy in line behind me bought a rush ticket. I don't know where the seats were but if he was able to just walk up at 1030 and get a ticket I don't think there's much of a line.
No Man's Land/Godot  Oct 27 2013, 12:52:52 AM
It was hard to tell - but the stage door area looked packed and I wasn't even going to attempt to wade through it.

They had the window card, a magnet, a knit cap (which I didn't see on display but it was listed on the sign with the other items/prices), and there was a fourth item I am blanking on. Not much merch, but I didn't think this type of show lent itself to lots of merchandise.

No Man's Land/Godot  Oct 27 2013, 12:29:50 AM
I rushed this morning and got there at 7. There were plenty of people behind me who got there later and still got tickets - I saw them in the line waiting to get in the theater. I, and those before and just after me in the rush line, got the front row - I don't know where in the house the other tickets were located.

I enjoyed the show - for a play I don't particularly care for - but I went more for the fact that when am I ever going to get the opportunity to see Patrick Stewart or Ian

GENTLEMEN'S GUIDE TO LOVE & MURDER -- Previews  Oct 22 2013, 06:35:42 AM
I am also going Saturday - looking very forward to this one.
Bierko out of Matilda....for now.  Oct 10 2013, 06:26:12 PM
I haven't seen Craig so I can only go by what I've heard and what I've seen posted.

That being said I hope they do make Chris Hoch the full-time Trunchbull. I saw both Bertie and Chris and I thought Bertie's shoes would be hard to fill. Chris, however, was excellent as the Trunchbull. He put his own spin on the character and I am glad I got to see him.

Into the Woods Movie Cast  Sep 26 2013, 09:18:33 PM
Here is Meryl as the Witch.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/09/26/meryl-streep-witch-into-the-woods-first-look/

Wicked Lead Replacements  Jul 22 2013, 02:41:24 PM
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask -- but are there any actresses that have played both Elphaba and Glinda (not understudies or swings)?
Best Advice You Ever Got From A Broadway Show  Jul 22 2013, 08:38:13 AM
From Into the Woods:

"Sometimes the things you most wish for, are not to be touched."

And very recently from Matilda:

"'Cause if you're little, you can do a lot, you
Mustn't let a little thing like 'little' stop you.
If you sit around and let them get on top, you
Won't change a thing.
Just because you find that life's not fair, it
Doesn't mean that you just have to grin and bear it.
If you always take it on the chin and wear it,
Worst show mishap  Jul 18 2013, 10:15:44 AM
I saw Newsies in January. At the end of Seize the Day - the Newsie who was doing the turn (not Ryan Steele - I forget who it was)lost his balance as he was coming out of it. He fell head first into the orchestra pit. The entire audience gasped. To the kid's credit he climbed right back out and hit the final pose.

First time I ever say anything major like that happen in a show.

Matilda Partial View Orchestra Seats  Jul 16 2013, 11:17:02 AM
I saw Matilda on Saturday and sat Row K seat 24. It was marked as partial view. Upstage left was obstructed but I didn't feel like I missed all that much. The person next to me in K 26 had a little more trouble just due to the design around the proscenium. At the end of the day though - for $27 this was not a bad seat at all.
Cute little lyrics you love  Jun 19 2013, 02:55:48 PM
From Sweeney Todd:

"The trouble with poet is how do you know it's deceased. Try the priest."

Annie 20th Anniversary Revival Casting Controversy  Jun 17 2013, 04:55:02 PM
I remember when this whole thing went down. I was an intern for a regional theater in the Northeast and they had experience with Joanna and her family. As it was explained to me -- her mother made Mama Rose look good -- and the powers that be where I worked were convinced the firing had more to do with an uncontrolled stage mother than anything the kid had or hadn't done.
Unpopular Opinions  Jun 17 2013, 03:13:18 PM
I loathe Pippin as a show - I am sure the current cast gives 100% for every demanding performance but I cannot being myself to go see it because that's how much I loathe Pippin.

Also, not a fan of Patti LuPone. In my opinion she's almost become a self-fulfilling caricature of herself.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You