News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for beechmi2

Member Name: beechmi2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 15 2022, 09:01:22 PM

My experience is with entertainment financing. What I can add is the producers went with a Hollywood 'star' who could help 'open' the show, and train people to think of Funny Girl outside of Streisand. If/when it's up and running and successful, Beanie will go back to making movies (I would guess her contract will run through the end of the year) and the new lead will be someone who can really sing (or possibly another movie star). So far the producers strategy has worked.

Betty Buckley out yesterday.
 Feb 10 2019, 10:42:43 AM

For those in Los Angeles Betty missed the 2/9/19 matinee at the Pantages theater. The boxoffice told us it was the third day in a row she was sick. I don't know if Ms. Buckley performed for the evening performance. Most people stayed, but the theater was able to move our tickets closer to the stage and gave us 'free drink' tickets. Jessica Sheridan was the understudy and great, but not the star that the show requires.

The "Pretty" Return of ANDY KARL
 May 24 2018, 02:33:50 PM

Although I wish Mr. Kazee the best, I find this news encouraging.

The musical is called 'Pretty Woman', and its' success depends entirely upon the performance of the pretty woman herself Samantha Barks. And from what I saw in Chicago, she will soon be the talk of Broadway. Although the role of her suitor is central, it does not make or break the show.

Although I was not wild about the score, and the show clearly needs some 'tweaks', I trust Jerry Mitchell and

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You