News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sophiia

Sophiia Profile Photo
Member Name: Sophiia
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
 Aug 30 2019, 07:17:33 PM
Anyone willing to share some advice on how early to get in line tomorrow (Saturday)?
Sunday in the park (rush)
 Feb 23 2017, 01:58:14 PM

@sondmon: Ah, I figured it was something like that. Thanks! I'll have to visit again :)

Sunday in the park (rush)
 Feb 23 2017, 11:53:18 AM

Hi all! I'm planning a New York trip March 17-19 and was hoping to see this, but on the website it looks like there's a full week without performances March 13-20... Such a bummer! Is that typical for a show like this? Does it just mean people are off for vacation or something? 

HAND TO GOD (B'way) Reviews
 Apr 7 2015, 10:31:11 PM

so happy to see such positive reviews for a show SO deserving. more new shows on Broadway, please! 

Delacorte Standby Line
 Jun 21 2014, 05:14:52 PM
Just got to the standby line! Seems like a big crowd to me...anyone have advice on how many tickets they usually give out? Trying to decide whether it's worth it to stay...
Much Ado About Nothing at the Delacorte - Previews & Line Status
 Jun 19 2014, 10:09:17 PM
Quick bump since I'll be trying this weekend - any updates on the line status? Think it would be safe to arrive at 10am on Saturday to wait in line? Thanks in advance!
Grade the 2014 Tony performances
 Jun 17 2014, 12:25:12 AM
So interesting to see everyone's drastically different rankings!

- AFTER MIDNIGHT: B
- ALADDIN: C+
- BEAUTIFUL: B+
- IF/THEN: A (this song gives me chills!)
- WICKED: C (womp)
- HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH: A+ (LOVED NPH)
- A GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE: A++ (can't stop watching this one - so refreshing and funny!)
- VIOLET: D
- CABARET: C-
- BULLETS OVER BROADWAY: (can't even remember)
- THE LAST SHIP (Sting): D- (no)
- FINDING NEVERLAND (Jennifer Hud

Macbeth rush?
 Jun 15 2014, 02:56:35 PM
Just found out they're doing rush tickets so I'm elated! Do they definitely still do it for sold out performances? I'm thinking of trying next weekend but since that's closing weekend the line may be too insane :/
If/Then Lotto
 Mar 22 2014, 12:47:43 AM
When I won we got last two seats in the second row, right Orchestra.
Act One Previews
 Mar 22 2014, 12:46:39 AM
Saw the first preview as well and have to agree with everything that has been said - this was way too long and very slow/unnecessarily detailed. I never felt invested in the success of the show within a show (Once In A Lifetime), especially because the bits they did show (of the rehearsal process, etc.) did not seem engaging or funny :/ I did think Shaloub was wonderful, though. He transitions between characters and accents flawlessly, playing three completely different roles (the father, Kaufma
Any word on HAND TO GOD?
 Mar 19 2014, 01:11:50 AM
Finally saw this tonight - HILARIOUS. And dark and surprising and moving. Just a fabulous play. And Sondheim was in the audience tonight! Loved hearing him chuckle throughout :) Definitely hope this gets new life with a transfer! The whole cast is excellent and Steven Boyer is a force.
If/Then Previews
 Mar 15 2014, 12:44:29 AM
Note cards!! Can't wait to hear more details about the new opening. And agreed, I am thrilled they are willing to make big changes!
Anyone here seen All the Way with TDF?
 Mar 13 2014, 11:29:47 PM
What have the TKTS All The Way prices been like? Do they have rear mezz, for example, at the same discount? Or is it only pricier orchestra seats? Hoping to try this weekend and I don't use TKTS much...
If/Then Previews
 Mar 10 2014, 10:07:06 AM
LYLS3637 - yes, that's exactly it. Structurally, it works a lot better and while I thought the scene should be cut after seeing it in DC, I actually think it works now.
If/Then Previews
 Mar 9 2014, 06:55:27 PM
Great comments, WiCkEDrOcKS and qolbinau. I saw the show in DC (towards the end of the run) and again yesterday and feel it has improved immensely (although subtly). I think the story lines are a lot clearer but I still heard some people in the audience at intermission saying "I'm so confused - I think there might be two different stories?" which, maybe there's just no helping those people. I've been trying my hardest to remember the melody and lyrics of "Always Starting Over" because it's so be
IF/THEN Lottery -- Seat Locations?
 Mar 9 2014, 05:48:59 PM
My friend won the lottery for Saturday's matinee and our seats were second row, far right. Agreed with what has been said - you're looking up for those bridge/tier scenes but it's well worth it to be so close. Lottery crowd was big and I expect it will only get bigger! Very lucky to have won when we did :) Good luck to all!
If/Then Stage door
 Mar 9 2014, 05:44:05 PM
Idina didn't come out after the matinee yesterday (Saturday) but James and Anthony and co all did! They've all been talking about how exhausted they are this weekend so maybe it won't be a regular thing that she doesn't come out after matinees but I'm not sure. They were all super nice and the crowd the other day wasn't bad- big but very polite.
Who's playing the Begger Woman NY Phil's Sweeney Todd with Emma Thompson?
 Mar 6 2014, 10:41:06 AM
I'm surprised they're taping on the one day Audra won't be there! Bummed since that's when I have tickets, too
If/Then Previews
 Mar 6 2014, 12:12:28 AM
Hm, so far I'm not hearing a huge number of changes from DC... I wonder how many changes they'll make during previews :/ I was really hoping they'd cut the stupid plane crash, too.

Overall, not surprised to see mixed reviews but happy everyone seems to be unanimous about Idina :)

If/Then Previews
 Mar 5 2014, 10:41:45 PM
I'm another one anxiously waiting the first reports! So curious what changes they've made. I so badly want this show to be great!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You