News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Astrid2

Astrid2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Astrid2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ben Walker to be involved with American psycho workshop this week
 Sep 28 2011, 09:06:19 PM
I'm assuming Reeve Carney will be reading the Jared Leto part?

As soon as I saw his name, that's who I pictured him as...

BREAKING NEWS: Bobby Cannavale to Star Opposite Lauren Ambrose in FUNNY GIRL
 Sep 13 2011, 07:22:55 PM
Swoooon. What a babe.

I kind of love that Sutton is throwing her man into musicals, but I'm generally curious to see if he can sing. I saw him in Mother With The Hat and I'm shocked that he never blew his voice out, he was always getting hoarse.

Man and Boy
 Sep 10 2011, 01:34:41 AM
Oh, I definitely agree that there's very little closure to any of the characters' issues. I don't feel like that was just an issue with Adam's character, it was an issue with the play as a whole. As for his role being "meaty," I do think we get to see his character grapple with a wide range of emotions, and he's the character that we learn the most about.

But maybe I'm just biased! I think Adam is great - there's something very old-school about his acting style and his demeanor that I

Man and Boy
 Sep 10 2011, 01:00:37 AM
I was in the audience tonight. All I can say is: I really wish I took more notes in Econ 101.

There was a lot of crazy stuff going in the nosebleeds, such as one man actually ANSWERING HIS PHONE during the show's first five minutes, and then walking to the exit and beginning to talk AGAIN before he slammed the door loudly behind him.

Also - Adam Driver slammed a door at the end of the first act and shattered the door's window, sending shattered glass flying everywhere. Thought

FRINGE FESTIVAL THREAD
 Aug 13 2011, 02:12:35 PM
I too am volunteering so I plan to make a run at a lot of shows using my vouchers. So far I'm definitely seeing Jersey Shoresical, The Legend of Julie Taymor, and The Miss Teen Jesus Pageant. Keeping it classy!

I might, MIGHT see Parker and Dizzy. It looks horrible but a part of me desperately wants to see Rodiney from The A-List: New York attempt "acting"...

Ghostlight to record Silence! The Musical
 Aug 6 2011, 10:41:29 PM
Not technically a Playbill, but they do give out a newspaper-style pamphlet containing cast bios, etc. I believe they do have an official poster: http://bit.ly/o6W8k4
Ghostlight to record Silence! The Musical
 Aug 6 2011, 12:57:14 AM
Saw it tonight and loved it. Hilarious and the songs are so, so catchy. I love that Jenn Harris seems to be making a career out of being the queen of parody shows. Saw her kill it as Natalie Portman in Swan!!! and her Jodie Foster tonight was spot on.
Michael Arden on Kickstarter
 Aug 2 2011, 08:59:08 PM
Oh, I would LOVE a Michael Arden album. So bummed he moved to L.A. I expected him to be getting big roles in musicals by now...
Reminder: $10 tickets for MAN AND BOY being sold today
 Jul 29 2011, 04:49:56 PM
Yup. One of his self-portraits.
 Jul 29 2011, 04:11:43 PM
Changed it just for you, Jordan. Have some Rannells!
 Jul 29 2011, 03:35:14 PM
Thanks for the reminder - just got tickets for the Friday night first preview.
Any word on SILENCE: The Musical ?
 Jul 24 2011, 08:39:28 PM
Has anyone done "standing room" for this? Is it a super awkward experience?
Rannells' understudy?
 Jun 24 2011, 02:25:38 AM
Andrew Rannells mentioned in a recent interview that he's signed on for "nine more months," which I believe means he signed a one-year contract and will leave in March.

Not sure about Josh, Nikki or Rory.

Daniel Radcliffe Free Tix?
 Jun 22 2011, 11:43:02 PM
Wow, such bad timing for those who waited in line all those hours.
Book of Mormon Cancellation line
 Jun 20 2011, 09:40:47 PM
Possible, but the cancellation tickets probably won't happen then. Best to just get there early and camp out for SRO while also trying lottery.
Book of Mormon Fan Performance: 2pm July 1
 Jun 20 2011, 09:18:07 PM
Ugh. Well. I'll just continue to try the lottery for the next 20 years.

And - I know this will amount to nothing - but... if someone needs a plus one, I can offer SRO price and a whole lot of Book of Mormon fangirling.

Andrew Rannells
 Jun 17 2011, 09:12:09 PM
He's gonna be in the new Judd Apatow/Lena Dunham HBO series "Girls." So excited!
Book of Mormon Fan Performance: 2pm July 1
 Jun 16 2011, 01:38:24 PM
Oh god. I entered like 15 times at the theater and checked in on Foursquare and everything... no e-mail. Hate life.
Parker and Stone IN Book of Mormon?
 Jun 15 2011, 01:58:39 PM
Trey did say in a recent interview with the New York Times that he and Matt are definitely planning to write/compose more original musicals. I would not be surprised at all if the success of Mormon signals their full transition from television to theater.
2011 Tony Award Thread
 Jun 12 2011, 11:34:01 PM
Too bad Chris Rock doesn't know anything about musicals. He would be a killer host. The "I remember the first musical I saw like it was yesterday - because it WAS yesterday" bit was great.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You