News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Boston28

Member Name: Boston28
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 17 2011, 01:01:44 PM
It's a weird, fairly warehouse-y neighborhood but I did a lot of research on casual food/drink places nearby and we ended up going to one of the places I found afterwards and it was really good. Basically a casual pub but with food that's quite good and reasonable food/drink prices. A good amount of seating too so we were able to get seated right away (though we went AFTER we did the first entrance of SNM on a Saturday, so we got there around 11:00.) Anyway, here's the info:

Half King B

Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 11 2011, 12:02:52 PM
Can't we all just get along? I think you've both had valid points and might each be taking the others' posts a little too personally (as had been pointed out earlier. . .the problem with posts, in general.) I'm still in the "solitary" camp but can can see that others could enjoy the experience with a friend. That's the libra in me I guess.

Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 10 2011, 05:01:39 PM
I agree with Jordan Catalano (too funny BTW). I'm sure they were "prepping" the room for something that was about to happen. Either that or you stumbled on some secret actor's changing room or something. That is something to watch out for BTW, when you see a room that was once locked but now isn't (or vice versa) and/or that never had a black mask in it but now does, a special "scene" might be about to take place. I missed the individual scene I've been trying to encounter again (after my very f
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 10 2011, 12:20:48 PM
I also looked through the whole book but Victorian Memento Mori has always fascinated me. I also had some might fine, and easily accessible, candy! I wondered about the bloody room too.
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 10 2011, 11:47:14 AM
Wow, I"m jealous of that experience (and I've had several intense one-on-ones myself!) It makes me doubly sad that I just lost the amulet I was given the last time I went! I should have put it in a more secure spot in my purse but I was carrying it around "for protection".
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 10 2011, 11:10:22 AM
Agreed! I'm just lucky that the first time I went, my husband was so annoyingly slow that I left him within the first 5 minutes of entering the space. The experiences we had individually that night (very early in teh Boston run) totally validated going it alone and made us go back again and again. I tell everyone I know who goes to GO IT ALONE!
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 May 10 2011, 10:54:43 AM
I also had a 7:20 ticket but was with a bunch of friends who had 7:00 so I got in line early with them and went in at the same time. Actually, I just happened to be given a different playing card with my friends so when they were all called in, I sat down at a table near the elevator door with my drink and one of the "hostesses" came over and asked if I'd like to go in too. How could I refuse!? I certainly didn't care about sticking with my group (SNM is best done alone as far as I'm concerned)
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Apr 20 2011, 12:55:32 PM
I read synopses of them before I went the first 2 times in Boston but then rented Rebecca and Roman Polanski's 1971 Macbeth (which I recommend, in general) for the bus ride down to NY to see it there. The Macbeth definitely helped. It was nice seeing Rebecca again but, personally, I still can't figure out which characters are supposed to even be represented in SNM (I know there's been talk on here about them but I still don't "see" it when I'm there.) In Boston, Mrs. Danvers and Rebecca were pre
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Apr 8 2011, 10:33:09 AM
I think what we're calling it is clue enough!
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Apr 7 2011, 05:10:59 PM
I went for the 3rd time (1st time in NY) this past Saturday and still loved it! I feel like I covered the whole space and spent even more time exploring in rooms than i did in Boston. While I wasn't seeking them out, scenes just kept erupting around me. I'd seen many of them before but there seemed to be even more characters this time so I definitely saw some things I'd never seen before. I had a couple of "close" encounters though nothing compares to the intimate experience I had the first time
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Mar 18 2011, 02:09:55 PM
I have a feeling you're right and I probably would have been better off with an 11:00 entry instead of the 7:00. I went to see it in Boston twice and STILL didn't make it into all the rooms (though I saw all but 1 of the major scenes, I believe.) With twice as many rooms, I'm afraid I'll feel pressured to explore more quickly than I'd like. Oh well, maybe they'll extend it and I'll go back again. No more weekends available during the run. Would have been just perfect if I could have stayed from
Sleep No More is AMAZING
 Mar 18 2011, 11:50:12 AM
I thoroughly agree about having a cast discussion. I bet they have some wild stories about interactions with audience members and things they've seen them do.

I went twice in Boston and am headed down in a couple of weeks to go in NY. Question: I bought an early ticket assuming I'd be able to stay till the end of the night (sat. night, 2 am?) It now sounds like the first audience will be "swept" out. In Boston, we had the opportunity to hang out at the bar and listen to the band after t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You