News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bill Snibson

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Member Name: Bill Snibson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Need a song for a cabaret  May 8 2024, 10:26:14 AM

Several from "Merrily" would work..."Our Time", "Old Friends", even "Good Thing Going"

Any luck moving to a closer, empty seat once you’re in the theatre?  May 4 2024, 06:56:05 PM

It's definitely much easier at intermission if there is a seat that you have seen go unused. You could also try to go to the box office about 5 minutes before the show starts and say something like "I'm really excited to see the show but could only afford this price range...Is there any chance there is something closer available that I could move to?" and depending on the box office staff you might have some luck. Good luck!

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 2 2024, 12:21:47 AM

Wow! We saw completely different shows. I loved it!  You have to go in knowing that you are being dropped into a recording studio in the mid-70's and then just be a voyeur/fly on the wall. Such a cool experience and the songs are amazing. Can't wait for the cast recording.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 2 2024, 12:08:41 AM

BalconyClub said: "I’m not with the show and I don’t work at the theatre, but it’s a hobby to see changes from oneweeknightto other weeknights.

Wednesday night’s show already felt tighter, with a more confident Michelle Williams.

Act I ran 1 hour 19 minutes.

Act Ilran 50 minutes, including bows.

Elvis’s role has been lessened. He no longer knocks on the mansion door of Viola Van Horn but still inhabitsthe scene

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 1 2024, 09:36:30 PM

Matt Rogers said: "Does anyone dislike this thing or is justtotal love? I recently saw it and my opinion definitely does not match theraves posted here or from the critics."

Thats's theater. In the same space, watching the same show someone is having their life changed while the person next to them might be losing the will to live. Apples and Oranges. I LOVED "Illinoise". 

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 1 2024, 09:15:59 PM

This is an opinion based message board. While I understand that this show wasn't for you, perhaps a more in-depth review might resonate more than "bloated piece of crap" and "massive mess". 

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 1 2024, 06:41:26 PM

No shade to Robbie but I feel like he would have read much older than the rest of the cast. Not that it would really matter but I felt like Brandt truly brought a lightness and an open spirit to his journal entry. 

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 1 2024, 04:07:12 PM

Saw this last night and absolutely loved everything about it. I am a big fan of Sufjan Stevens but I don't think you need to be to get onboard and enjoy the story telling. To me the story telling was very clear. I'm actually glad I read the "journal/insert" after the show. It gave a bit more insight into Henry's journey but I think if I had read it before, blindly, I wouldn't really understand it. The cast is stunning! I was a bit bummed that I wasn't g

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24  May 1 2024, 03:48:38 PM

I mean, I never thought that "Company" would actually go on tour but it has and seems to be doing fine. I think "Merrily" could tour easily since it's basically a unit set and if it was part of a subscription series it could introduce more people to the magic of Sondheim. 

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 12:22:34 PM

I would imagine Heart of Rock and Roll will post tonight around 6:40 after telling the cast and crew. I'm thinking May 6th. That show has been hemorrhaging money week to week.

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 25 2024, 11:18:57 PM

One thing you sure don't want when the Times is there are tech glitches ...Eeek. Not surprised by these critiques but ouch. What a weird season for new musicals.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 25 2024, 08:55:53 PM

Ball of Buttah said: "Wow! That was awesome!! If it's still around in the Fall, I'd go see it. And I don't normally go to jukebox musicals. Tamika needs to go on The Tonight Show, too."

It's currently losing around $600k a week. It will not be around in the fall. It'll be lucky to make it to June tbh.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 23 2024, 01:07:48 AM

I mean, the show has been grossing about $250k per week, It needed across the board RAVES to help move the needle and I don't see that happening. It's a fine time if you get a comp or a deeply discounted ticket. The plot and conflict is so unbelievably stupid. Kudos to the supporting cast who are delivering great performances and god bless Corey Cott who does all the heavy lifting in a poorly written part that leads up to an 11 o'clock number that actually makes no sense. The conf

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/14/24  Apr 18 2024, 06:08:43 PM

The problem is that everyone is afraid to be honest. A workshop/reading happens and the response is "OMG!!!! That was amazing. It's so ready for broadway".  That aside...the physical production never matches how you pictured it in your head in a rehearsal studio. I get the idea of fast tracking things if, as the producer, you believe it's ready but it is always so disappointing to see a show that had a full out of town etc etc and the changes made all feel ver

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Apr 18 2024, 03:36:11 PM

Correct. They have their opening night performance tomorrow at six followed by their party but reviews won't come out til Monday when the show "officially" opens.  I think "How to dance in Ohio" did this as well as a few other shows recently. 

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 11 2024, 11:21:50 PM

Haven't seen the show yet but from reading all the comments leading up to opening I was expecting much more positive reviews than it's receiving. The Tony race for Best Musical is a complete mystery rn...only time will tell

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow  Apr 11 2024, 10:49:29 PM

inception said: "Ms Lupone is a consumate professional. She simply expects the people she works with - and the audience - to be as responsible & respectful."

Sure. Now talk to any of her castmates...

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Previews  Mar 30 2024, 01:05:51 AM

Always informative to hear a rave from someone who joined a week ago. Doesn’t sound shill-y at all (you know how sometimes an early rave can feel disingenuous) but this one feels super honest and forthright  

THE GREAT GATSBY Broadway Previews  Mar 29 2024, 11:49:48 PM

First preview audiences are a special breed. They’ll figure it out but you can’t fault them for not knowing exactly what type of craziness they were gonna be dealing with.  

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  Mar 29 2024, 09:42:05 AM

Jennifer Simard just posing in that teaser has me slamming down my credit card! Take my money! Can't wait. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You