News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Drew1701

Drew1701 Profile Photo
Member Name: Drew1701
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Most innovative theatre directors
 Feb 27 2021, 11:24:25 PM

I have to completely agree with Rachel Chavkin. The idea to put great comet in a turn of the century cabaret was ingenious. Not only did the show benefit from the format, but it became synonymous with the show. 

What musicals still need to be revived through ENCORES?
 Dec 13 2020, 06:47:47 PM

I'd love to see some specific flops given the encores treatment. Carrie would be obviously my first choice, though I'd see anything that's faded into obscurity! 

Seeking information regarding "Carrie"
 Jul 18 2020, 08:09:27 PM

Hello everyone! I was wondering whether anyone would be willing to share their personal experiences with the show (whether seeing it in '88, or 2012) and your opinions! If anyone is also willing to share any fun anecdotes or facts, let me know!

"Carrie" History
 Jun 11 2020, 04:45:10 PM

Hello!  My names Drew and I run the carrie the musical subreddit over on www.reddit.com/r/carriethemusical. As of right now the musical has a very nebulous history. I was wondering if anyone could contribute anything about the musicals history (interesting tidbits, eyewitness accounts, even gossip!). I am trying very hard to keep this musical afloat within its fans hearts. If there is anything you could share, it would help immensely!

And on the reverse end, if you have any qu

Dorothy Loudon sings By the Sea
 May 18 2020, 09:40:58 PM

Listen to her sing "Sur Les Quais" from "Lolita, My Love" it will knock your socks off.

Carrie
 May 11 2020, 05:44:09 PM

Interesting! In the mini doc "Singing Carrie" Betty mentions the same thing!

Carrie
 May 11 2020, 04:14:18 PM

If you do transcribe the Q&A, or would like to send the recording, I would love to put it on the website!

Carrie
 May 11 2020, 01:04:37 AM

That's so sad , but amazing that you got to meet Debbie though!

Carrie
 May 10 2020, 10:13:03 PM

Woah! So amazing to hear first hand details! If you ever want to tell anymore stories, please do!

Carrie
 May 9 2020, 10:42:44 PM

I have a playbill, poster, and tie-in book from the shows 88 broadway run! They are my prized possessions! Also that Linzi quote rings true!

Carrie
 May 9 2020, 07:34:25 PM

Not trivial at all! It was one of the things the production did right!

Carrie
 May 9 2020, 07:33:48 PM

That is the closing night soundboard recording! It is a masterpiece in itself. We have more awaiting you on the site :)

Carrie
 May 8 2020, 10:42:17 PM

Hey Everyone! I thought I should update you guys on a new "Carrie the Musical" forum that is up and running! Lots of clips, videos, full show scores, scripts, basically everything you could want. I noticed a lot of people haven't had the chance to really get to know "Carrie" as a show (do to it's..... interesting...direction..) but the show really does have it's moments. If you want to give it a chance, please come down to www.reddit.com/r/carriethemusical ! We'd love to have you :) 

Carrie Forum

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You