News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Melodicluvangel

Melodicluvangel Profile Photo
Member Name: Melodicluvangel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
 Feb 19 2013, 11:05:46 PM
While it had some dry spots, I am enjoying the streamlined storytelling that was missing in the first season and I really like how it is going back to the original concept of what it is like to create a Broadway show. Plus the last few moments was really good. One of my biggest annoyances is that I wish they would give up the pop songs but the scene was brilliantly staged. The guy that plays Jeremy Jordan's writing partner is still annoying and can't act but I am really looking forward to hearin
The People Called It RAGTIME
 Feb 19 2013, 01:28:45 PM
AC126748, earthy is a great word for La Chanze. Patina has too much of a pop edge in my opinion.... at one point I was waiting for her to throw a riff in "Your Daddy's Son"....

But If you were to pair her up with say Darrington ( Coalhouse from the revival) then maybe there is she wouldn't seen soo strange in the production since Darrington's Coalhouse was much more bluesy and r&b-ish to Lewis's operatic baritone.

Feb 19 2013, 12:40:33 PM
Gator, those are great lyrics. There are some items from the Concept album I wish they kept.
 Feb 19 2013, 12:38:45 PM
But I was also bummed at the cut in "He wanted to say". Going back to Patina, there is no way to compare her to Audra..not in a million years. But I don't think her "style" is right for the show. Not for me anyway.

I was dumbfounded when Norm flubbed those lyrics. The lovely lady playing Sarah's friend did the same and I was pissed... I mean really.. you don't even have another song. I will agree the orchestra did play heavy in certain area.. but some of Norms vocal choices were extreme

Feb 19 2013, 12:32:38 PM
I believe those lyrics are from the "Songs from Ragtime" concept album. They are not in the actual score. ( I just closed this show two weeks ago, lol)
The RAGTIME Concert thread??
 Feb 19 2013, 12:26:04 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the concert. Arden, Solonga, Butler, and the gentleman who played father were stellar. I was incredibly underwhelmed by Miller and Lewis..
 Feb 19 2013, 12:04:35 PM
Last night's concert was incredible but am I the only person that was underwhelmed by Norm Lewis and Patina? I like Norm but last night his whole performance seems rushed and flat. Like it was a reading to him and nothing more. Patina, while am awesome vocalist had too much pop in her voice as Sarah with her stylistic scoops and slides into her vocal phrases. When they finished "Wheels of a Dream" it was the the only time I didn't clap.

Lea was the DABOMB.COM! LUV LUV LUV! Arden was in

Audra McDonald In Talks for Porgy and Bess at American Repertory Theater
 Mar 24 2011, 03:15:09 PM
I second that....and oh what a dream it would be!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You