News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Waitingforlife

Member Name: Waitingforlife
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

1/19 Closings/Last Shows
 Jan 27 2020, 10:05:45 PM

Jarethan said: "I really enjoyed reading your post; I was only able to see the show once, but it was a revelation to me, especially considering that I had always really disliked to hated Oklahoma, despite the score. The one thing that surprises me is your quick assessment of the OCR, which I think is incredible. I never knew that Morning and Surrey could be so sexy. Until this recording, I never knew that Kansas City could be so much fun, etc. To me, it is a great recording, and I am

1/19 Closings/Last Shows
 Jan 27 2020, 01:54:00 AM

lolo28 said: "I was so happy to be at the closing performance of Oklahoma!too. It was my fourth time and it felt so good to be able to give standing ovations and clap after many of the songs.

Mary Testa clearly had a cold and I imagine she wanted to power though the last performance but I could tell by her voice in her first line she was sick. She had a very funny ad-lib during The Farmer and the Cowman. After Ado Annie sang "sure am feeling bad for the pony", MT

JLP Rush?
 Jan 26 2020, 07:56:34 PM

I walked over to the Broadhurst on Sunday 1/19 around 11:30am or so. I had waited in line for in SRO ticket to the closing performance of Oklahoma and got one! I decided to see what the situation was for JLP since my friend had been interested and was surprised to find that the box office had already opened. I assumed they opened at 12pm, but I didn't realize the matinee was at 1pm, so they opened at 11am! Anyway, by the time I got to the front of the line, they had sold out of rush seats, but they were already selling SRO. I got two, I believe SR 6 and 8. I did hear people in front of me manage to get seats around $79-99 if that's helpful to anyone.

I've done SRO for Come from Away, Oklahoma, and To Kill a Mockingbird (was lucky and got one of the first SRO tix at TKAM, so I didn't have a problem with the sloped floor) and have had no real issues seeing/being comfortable at either show. HOWEVER, I am only 5'3" and like the Shubert (TKAM), the floor does slope down at the Broadhurst AND the wall at the back of the orchestra is significantly taller than at the Schoenfeld (CFA).

My friend and I were a couple people to the right of the house right aisle, and although I COULD see, I was pretty uncomfortable the whole time and it's not really ideal if you're around my height. My friend is a few inches taller than me (5'6" or 5'7", so she was a little better off, but I can't imagine the view if you're all the way left or right and you're a person of my height, not sure if you even CAN see from there if you're short. From my position, I did miss a little bit of the projection images because of the mezz overhang, but nothing major. Also, it gets VERY crowded back there at intermission, wow. And the last thing that's a little sucky is that the audience in the orchestra is elevated a step or two above the back of the theatre, which is why the wall is so high. But what that means is that when everyone inevitably gives a standing O during curtain call (or You Oughta know), you can't see ANYTHING since people are standing several inches above your level.

tl;dr: I'm not mad about my experience vs. the price for SRO (I would say $40 is a little high for the setup considering other shows like Hadestown, CFA, and TKAM charge less and have better views, but hey, obviously people like me will buy), but if I were to see the show again, I definitely would try to opt for seats since I'm short. Hope this helps!

Partial View Seats at MOULIN ROUGE?
 Jan 26 2020, 02:28:12 AM

Haven't done partial view for this show, but I ended up getting a last minute ticket on Stubhub a few weeks ago (T5) that ended up being around $77 or so (definitely less than $80)? It was the last row in the mezzanine, house left, so I was worried I would miss things that happen downstage on the runway in the orchestra, but I felt like I had a full view of everything. Honestly, I'm a bit of a snob about being close to the actors, I often feel if I can't see their f

1/19 Closings/Last Shows
 Jan 21 2020, 11:24:47 PM

I was at the closing performance of Oklahoma, will try to update ASAP! 

Oklahoma! Final week rush and standing room.
 Jan 18 2020, 11:47:06 AM

Anyone trying for today? I know last weekend they only started selling SRO for the evening show around 6pm and a small line started to form in the lobby, although I believe everyone in line at 6pm got a ticket since they have so many standing room spots.

Little Shop of Horrors Lottery
 Jan 11 2020, 12:13:42 PM
I’m trying for the lottery today 1/11 @2pm. I got here around 11:40 and there were already 8-10 people in front of me in the cancellation line.

I ended up hopping over to the lottery line only since I can’t afford full price. As of 12:11pm, there still looks to be about 8-10 people in the cancellation line and I’m sure people will do both. The lottery line has about 15 people, but more are bound to show.

Freestyle Love Supreme Rush Tix
 Jan 2 2020, 11:31:20 PM

My info. isn't nearly as recent, but it does seem fairly easy to rush FLS. I went for the first time back in November and I was able to get a ticket to the 7pm show after having stood in line for Come From Away SRO on a Sunday. I walked over just after 12pm and got a partial view seat, 3rd row, but way off to the left against the wall. Honestly, though, the view was fine -- I wasn't able to see the entire stage, but I almost never had trouble seeing the performers because most of

Recent Experience with Come From Away Rush ??
 Nov 3 2019, 10:45:49 AM
I’m here Sunday 11/3. It’s currently 10:44 and there are only 11 people in line. I arrived around 10:15 and was #6. I wonder if it’s a little easier to get tickets today since the marathon is happening!
To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
 Oct 20 2019, 01:24:55 PM

Hey friends! Made an account just to update everyone. Sorry I don’t have more specific info, but I rushed for the Sunday matinee today 10/20 at 2pm. I arrived roughly 10:06. I didn’t get an exact count of people in front of me, but I think I was at least #18 and there were some pairs/groups in front of and behind me.

10:12 - one person arrived, but decided to leave after 10 minutes or so

10:17 - two more people arrived

10:24 - three more people

10:28 -

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You