News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LRey95

Member Name: LRey95
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26
 Nov 28 2023, 08:35:30 PM

NYCtheaterguy said: "
- Unless I just never noticed it before, at the beginning of Eleven Days, ensemble members got to shout out various lines like "what you drinking' baby girl?"

It was disappointing there was no curtain call speech. With so many producers surely one could have said some words about this fantastic, groundbreaking show? Or David Byrne?
"

Actually yes I did notice at least one unscripted part of that song. One of the men

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
 Jul 24 2023, 03:26:17 AM

Anyone know if there is an official alternate schedule for Jaygee? I tried looking at the playbill and it doesn't seem to specify. 

2023-2024 Touring Season
 Apr 9 2023, 12:33:49 AM

perfectpenguin said: "Hershey:

Mean Girls:October 10 - 15, 2023

Chicago:11/21/2023 - 11/26/2023

Jesus Christ Superstar:3/23/2024 - 3/24/2024

Mama Mia!:4/2/2024 - 4/7/2024
"

I'm confused about Mean Girls, as the tour is ending in May. Is Hershey like a special delayed engagement? Or a non-eq tour starting?

MEAN GIRLS Movie Musical - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 3 2023, 06:02:33 PM

JanMaxwellsBag said: "Unless they write an original character, my money’s on her being the school administrator who says “The girls have gone wild!”

(Is that line even in the musical? I never got to see it live).
"

My money is on her being the French teacher on the first day of school as an ode to the Emily in Paris fandom. 

I'm super curious on Kevin G. casting. Back when Tina had her little fancast subm

Miss Saigon Question
 Feb 9 2020, 06:30:56 PM

bwaybffs said: "Yes, the helicopter is in Pittsburgh!!Saw the show tonight (2/7) and it wasabsolutely fantastic.

Side note for anyone seeing an upcoming tour stop: I highly recommend stage dooring!In total there were probably about 10-12 of us waiting after the show. The cast was SO nice and actually spent time talking to everyone. They even said this was the largest stage door they have seen on the tour (which is kind of sad because there wasn’t that many of us), an

Changes in Mean Girls Broadway?
 Dec 13 2019, 05:55:47 AM

magictodo123 said: "mailhandler777 said: "magictodo123 said: "A change I noticed in the tour: the whole scene with Aaron distracting Coach Carr so the Mathletes can sneak into spring fling is totally cut. I think they go right from the competition to the dance."

Its MissNorbury that does the distracting on tour. Saying they are all afraid of her since she was arrested for drugs.
"

YES! So they completely skip over the scene o

Phantom US Tour Alt Christine Schedule?
 Nov 25 2019, 03:38:57 AM
I saw Kaitlyn in Honolulu and my assumption is she was doing the matinees. Her “Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again” had me in tears. I saw their closing day and we had several understudies on with her. The Raoul understudy, Michael Maliakel, was great!
EVITA City center
 Nov 7 2019, 06:26:12 AM
Well, I was quite enjoying Solea’s voice! Then again I’m not very fond of the famous Eva voices to begin with tbh.

The split casting is interesting. I used to envision it when I see Eva actresses who cannot play teen Eva very convincingly. Solea still looks really young to play that 16-33 range, but I liked an interview she did when she said it can help people relate to the character more where the age progression is more pronounced.

Best touring production you have ever seen?
 Nov 1 2019, 07:07:03 PM

Lot666 said: "LRey95 said: "I was most impressed with Phantom - that set is HUGE and it was a wonder to me how they could fit it all on that stage! Everything about it was superb."

Just curious, have you seen the Broadway production?

"

I have not. I’m sure it’s even greater. I can really only speak on 3 touring productions I’ve seen lol. 

Best touring production you have ever seen?
 Oct 30 2019, 05:09:13 AM

I FINALLY started getting to see touring productions this year. I saw Rent and Miss Saigon in July, and Phantom of the Opera in September. I was most impressed with Phantom - that set is HUGE and it was a wonder to me how they could fit it all on that stage! Everything about it was superb. 

Rent looked pretty standard. I LOVED the cast's personalities but that's probably because it was a very young cast - many of them fresh out of college or some even still in college.

How has a musical changed your life in an unexpected way?
 Oct 30 2019, 05:06:06 AM

Miss Saigon helped me to be more proud of my Asian (specifically Filipino) heritage. My great-grandparents left the Philippines after World War II for a better life, and so there are certain similarities in the stories that I can really identify with. This show also propelled my passion for theatre. I followed the West End revival and Broadway revival religiously, and finally when the tour happened, I made it a point to finally travel across the ocean and see it in LA (along with Rent), and t

Bootleg
 Oct 26 2019, 08:24:36 AM

magictodo123 said: "I get frustrated whenever an actor calls out an audience member for recording. So sue me. It’s not a crime. "

I get frustrated too. Although I’m just a community theater actor, I myself get absolutely peeved when I see a phone screen in the audience trying to snapchat a 10-second video of their friend, when I’m trying to focus on my role. But you know what I don’t notice? Our director recording the whole

Elphaba Alternates?
 Oct 26 2019, 07:40:17 AM

Tbh I have not yet seen the entirety of Wicked yet, but it seems like one of those roles that usually has an alternate, ie. vocally and emotionally demanding roles where that character almost never leaves the stage (Evita, Kim in Miss Saigon, Evan Hansen, Alexander Hamilton, I’ve even read of UK Legally Blonde productions having an Elle alternate). They always have an Elphaba (and Glinda) standby - might as well be an alternate? 

My view could be totally off of course, s

Bootleg
 Oct 24 2019, 08:47:06 AM

magictodo123 said: "bryan2 said: "Didn't Streisand use a "bootlegged" copy of her in Funny GIrl on her greatest hit album..

I have no problem with bootlegs and most here that do are on youtube watching them ...

"

Why would you assume that people are watcbing them? Not everyone has this need to watch a show whenever they want if they can't afford it. Never assume anything like that. They may pop up when I'm look

Once on this Island National Tour
 Oct 24 2019, 08:10:49 AM

How does Kyle sing it? Is the song still in the original key, or do they lower it for him? Or does he just riff down from the high notes? Also, I know McKynleigh Abraham is a Papa Ge understudy but is there also a male understudy for the role? Who understudies Asaka?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You