News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dennis-in-ct

Dennis-in-ct Profile Photo
Member Name: Dennis-in-ct
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

is Hunchback coming to Broadway after it's NJ playhouse run?  Feb 26 2015, 09:13:43 PM
Disney's HUNCHBACK is now at the Papermill playhouse in NJ.
http://www.papermill.org/shows-tickets/350-the-hunchback-of-notre-dame.html

So psyched to see this show live on stage. Love the music. BUT ... I do not feel like driving two hours from CT to see the show if it is coming to Broadway. After checking Playbill.com under scheduled upcoming shows and did not see HUNCHBACK listed. If that show is not coming to Broadway, I would make the effort to see it in New Jersey.

Does anyone know if Hunchback will come to NY?
Thanks !

Dennis

Lincoln Center Archives  Dec 18 2014, 08:24:17 AM
And as an off topic side note ... We bought our SIDE SHOW tickets from TodayTIX

The app was recommend to us from friends and it worked great plus saved us 39.00 dollars for our two tickets as compared to the discount codes we found on playbill.com

I was hesitant when the confirmation e-mail said Imeet my TodayTIX rep on the sstreet. Lol. Sounded a bit shady but it all worked out well.

Lincoln Center Archives  Dec 18 2014, 08:06:49 AM
I was at the 2:00pm performance of Side Show yesterday and saw the Lincoln Center filming. I was near the lower mezz camera. Watching the filming made me wonder the same thing ... "How do I get to watch the Lincoln Center archives?"

Can I just say I am a doing research for a paper? That I am participating in a community theater production? I mean ... What do I need to say? Lol ... Cause there are some shows I would *love* to see such as the original cast of EVITA.

On a side not

Coming October 16--Michael C. Hall as HEDWIG!  Sep 8 2014, 04:08:46 PM
thank you neonlightsxo for directing me to the thread of the Andrew R. reviews

Andrew Rannells Joins Hedwig and the Angry Inch TONIGHT!  Sep 8 2014, 04:07:06 PM
I am seeing this show for the first time this Sunday and I am happy to read all the wonderful Andrew Rannells comments here. I am going with a good friend who saw NPH a few times in HEDWIG so it will be interesting to hear his impressions on the differences between the two.
Coming October 16--Michael C. Hall as HEDWIG!  Sep 8 2014, 02:53:27 PM
I am finally seeing HEDWIG this Sunday with Andrew Rannells .... I have searched to read reviews of his performance and found none.

Will anyone here offer some impressions of Andrew Rannells's performace as HEDWIG who has seen the show please?

Thanks !

HAIR 2013 Tour Cast?  Jan 17 2013, 07:09:40 AM
Thank you for sharing some thoughts about this 2013 tour. I was also hesitant about traveling to see this production but I will make the effort. I have to do a road trip to MA or NJ.

I miss the show and after seeing this done so well I was afraid the non-equity version would be a pale shadow of it's previous casts - and I am sooooo glad to hear this is not the case.

long live HAIR

Facebook group rallying to get Follies filmed.  Dec 18 2011, 10:52:32 AM
Thanks for setting up the facebook page.

I just went to the link and "liked" it :)

How to begin with FOLLIES  Dec 4 2011, 11:36:42 PM
I did a lot of reading on the show after I saw it. The characters are so interesting and complex that I had questions.
Priscilla has been renewed for another year  Dec 4 2011, 11:31:55 PM
<< Suck what exactly? >>>

A purple glitter paintbrush that colors my world :)

How to begin with FOLLIES  Dec 4 2011, 11:29:22 PM
@AfterEight ...I am sure you are a mature soul my friend. Glad to hear you got something out of the show.

We can't get the songs out of our heads. The cast was so wonderful when we got our CDs signed at Barnes and Noble, I wish this could be around for the Tonys

How to begin with FOLLIES  Dec 4 2011, 11:20:33 PM
FOLLIES is fantastic ... Go see it !!!

I am not sure younger people can really get it. I say if you are over 35 you will get more out of the show. In other words, more life experience. Tell your parents the show is aimed at their age group.

Priscilla has been renewed for another year  Dec 4 2011, 11:14:19 PM
Aren't contracts renewed?

The point is ... All you snarky Priscilla haters can suck it :)

Bonnie & Clyde To Be Filmed In 3D?  Dec 4 2011, 11:08:52 PM
We saw the show and were very impressed with the talent. It was a nice love story. I felt some emotion twice during the show which is more than I can say for wonderland. The show is worth seeing for the leads.
Follies on TDF  Dec 4 2011, 11:02:45 PM
I saw FOLLIES twice and loved love LOVED it ... Now I can go back for a third time. We met the cast at Barnes and Noble to get CDs signed. They were all incredibly nice and personable. If anyone hasn't seen this show - I recommend seeing it before it closes.
Priscilla has been renewed for another year  Dec 4 2011, 10:52:33 PM
Yes. I heard today that Priscilla has been renewed for another year. Congrats to the wonderful cast.
Bonnie & Clyde On TDF  Oct 28 2011, 09:27:03 PM
I got tickets for Nov 6th at 2pm. I look forward to seeing Tad Wilson from Priscilla.
What are your non- Broadway Plans?  Aug 26 2011, 08:37:12 PM
I am making a jello mold ..... Maybe I'll get crazy and use some canned fruit cocktail :)
Roles For Kerry Butler  Aug 19 2011, 10:14:20 PM
I wish I got to see her as Shelly in Bat Boy. Damn .....
Priscilla lotto/standing room?  Aug 19 2011, 10:10:27 PM
We got lotto tickets one of the 5 times we saw the show. Very limiting view but we still had a blast. You get to see the makeup tricks and customs up close. It was a nice perspective after seeing the show from further back.

I also had a ping pong ball fall right in my lap with lipstick on it to boot :) ... Loved it ... Laughed our asses off.

My suggestion if you are doing the lotto is to make pals with the other lotto people to see if foe example there is a single person there

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You