News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mtgeek100

Member Name: mtgeek100
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Katherine McPhee on Broadway  Feb 25 2020, 10:37:27 AM

WestEndGal said: "mtgeek100 said: "Kat McPhee is a great example of name/star (not stunt) casting done well. I was so impressed by how good she was in Waitress. Like, I knew she could sing, but boy can she SING!!! And I thought her acting was beautifully nuanced as Jenna. Count me in if she does another show in the future; would like to see."

In her favour also for future castings is that she was a really reliable performer. She played Jenna for what, 9/

Katherine McPhee on Broadway  Feb 25 2020, 09:47:02 AM

yankeefan7 said: ""Also noone in that show was helpedby the terrible writing and characterisations. “I’m in tech” “I love church” - ICONIC!"

Good point about the writing, it was pretty bad at times. Hated her boyfriend in the show, he was so lame.
"

Haha Dev was the absolute worst! Followed closely by Jimmy in s2.

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice  Feb 25 2020, 09:39:45 AM
It’s a shame if whatever went down with Sophia leaving the show (I know nothing) detracts from all the effort and sweat she put into the show. She was there from the beginning and hopefully she gets the credit she deserves for that rather than her time on the show always having an asterisk next to it. She’s only 18 and has a v bright future I think
Katherine McPhee on Broadway  Feb 25 2020, 09:34:33 AM

yankeefan7 said: ""Kat McPhee is a great example of name/star (not stunt) casting done well. I was so impressed by how good she was in Waitress. Like, I knew she could sing, but boy can she SING!!! And I thought her acting was beautifully nuanced as Jenna. Count me in if she does another show in the future; would like to see."

She was trashed for her acting in SMASHso it appears she has come a long way. I have seen/heard youtube clips from her performance and she

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 25 2020, 09:19:44 AM
I don’t really think 5 show weekends are fair on performers. 8 show weeks are brutal enough! They started doing that for Waitress the last 6 months or so before it closed and that’s a tough ask for Jenna who is on stage almost the entire show. What’s everyone else’s thoughts
SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 25 2020, 08:54:32 AM

Dolly80 said: "None of them will win a Tony individually- there isn’t enough to the ‘roles’. The only way they could win is if they are collectively nominated, which I don’t think is possible."

They were collectively nominated for the Olivier Awards but I don’t know if the Tony Awards would bend their rules to allow that.

Katherine McPhee on Broadway  Feb 25 2020, 08:49:18 AM
Kat McPhee is a great example of name/star (not stunt) casting done well. I was so impressed by how good she was in Waitress. Like, I knew she could sing, but boy can she SING!!! And I thought her acting was beautifully nuanced as Jenna. Count me in if she does another show in the future; would like to see.
Chris Evans in Talks to Play Orin in LITTLE SHOP Remake  Feb 25 2020, 08:18:58 AM
If Chris Evans can sing I’m down for this! If not, I’m yet again going to be annoyed that an a list name is put above singing ability when it comes to a movie musical.

Waitress Final Performance Update  Jan 7 2020, 03:04:21 PM

You guys have already posted a lot of my fave moments of the night, but it was an incredible And emotional evening. The energy in the room was insane. I teared up the moment Kat/Jenna started her first “Dear Baby” and didn’t really stop weeping until the end.

In What’s Inside there was a big crash as I think someone in the ensemble dropped smtg which made everyone laugh and was a real ice breaker for the cast I think. And then kat was laughing as she sang “what a mess I’m making” because at that point the ensemble were accidentally or deliberately drenching her with flour, haha!

Kat accidentally throwing the dough out the bowl in WBCD and casually walking round the station to pick it up whilst still singing flawlessly was a funny and awesome moment, as was when she just stopped speaking during “my momma used to say” because she thought she’d messed up and then ad libbed with “as I was saying” because saying it again. Then Drew ad libbed with “she’s a smart lady” haha!!

The love in the room for Stephanie Torns was amazing to see, from her standing o when she came on as Francine Pomatter, to Kat going straight to her to share her closing bow with her, which was maybe my fave moment of the entire show, and v classy and selfless of kat.

Caitlin getting a standing o after “When He Sees Me” causing her to sob on stage was another highlight!

Chris Fitzgerald kissing Benny on the mouth stopped the show also because Benny totally wasn’t expecting it lmao.

I could keep going, but Kat and the rest of the cast just gave an amazing performance all round. The final scenes with Dr P and Jenna hit really hard when Drew said “so this is goodbye” and kat said “thanks for taking me to the moon, moon pie” - I’ve always loved how kat says that line In the show and it was extra poignant obviously this time - and kat pretty much losing it when she says “name a pie for me when I’m gone” was just the final straw for me.

And the speeches were beautiful, especially with it ending with an audience rendition of Everything Changes, led by Sara. Sara and her crew have put their heart and soul into this show and you could really tell, with all the outpouring of love in the room. It’ll be missed on Broadway

THANKS FOR TAKING ME TO THE MOON, MOON PIE

Upcoming Waitress casting  Dec 17 2019, 04:29:03 PM
It has always frustrated the heck out of me that Waitress purposefully never say when their Jennas’ scheduled dates are. You have to become a detective to find out! I’m sure with Katharine now it’s so they can maximise profits as much as they can before she show closes - she was above the title for her first run last year so her scheduled dates were listed on ticketmaster, but not this time! A friend of mine had a massive hassle trying to swap tickets for a date Katharine was on (she’s seen Step
David Foster premieres song from upcoming  Nov 18 2019, 07:02:09 AM
OMG that is so crazy that Megan sang a song from this musical for David all those years ago, and now Katharine is married to the guy and also singing his songs from the same musical!! It’s a sign that Megan and Katharine just need to be in a for real show together already, haha!

They both sound so freaking good on those songs. Love ‘Something To Shout About’. Could see it being an Act 1 curtain closer!

Issues at Mean Girls last night  Nov 14 2019, 07:55:58 PM

Wow this all reminds me of Heathers when Barrett left that production really abruptly, with no explanation ever given as to what went down. Still no idea what really happened. I know with MG everyone’s speculating based on speculation, but to leave (if she has left MG) 2 shows mid contract abruptly feels like it could be a pattern.

Favorite cast album for a show you have never seen?  Nov 14 2019, 07:35:08 PM

Aida is one I listen to frequently. 

Injury at Tina  Nov 14 2019, 07:31:27 PM

Oh no, hope she’s okay 

Upcoming Waitress casting  Nov 14 2019, 07:30:39 PM

dadaguza said: "I'm trying to decide if I should see this this weekend with Jordin, and take advantage of the discount count . I may only be able to see it one more time before closing so I'm not sure if I should go now, or pay full price and see it with Katharine Mcphee. What do you guys think?"

I’m sure you’ll have a great time whoever you see, and they can both sing their faces off! I’ve only seen Katharine (in the west end production) ou

Movies that WILL be musicals, inevitably  Nov 9 2019, 12:54:15 PM

A bit random, but I’ve always thought ‘The House Bunny’ would make a good musical! 

Tina: The Tina Turner Musical - Reviews  Nov 9 2019, 12:49:05 PM

I had a great time when I saw this last year in the west end. Took my ma who is a huge Tina fan! Adrienne Warren is just superb. I agree with some people about the book being weak - parts of the script certainly felt a bit clunky to me, but for me the energy and the songs outweighed any quibbles about that. 

Upcoming Waitress casting  Nov 9 2019, 12:44:36 PM

My fellow MT obsessed flatmate and I are visiting NYC from the UK the first week of Jan, and nabbed a couple of tickets to see the last Waitress show as soon as it was announced. Can’t wait! Last time I saw it on Broadway was back in 2016 with Jessie. I’ve seen Katharine McPhee in the London production and thought she was absolutely brilliant with a stunning voice, so more than happy to see her close the show on Broadway. Sara would also have been nice because I haven&rs

London - Christmas  Nov 9 2019, 12:25:38 PM

Saw ‘&Juliet’ last night and it was the most fun I’ve had at a show in a long time - I’d highly recommend it. Came out with a huge smile on my face. It’s only just started London previews but I can see it becoming a huge word of mouth hit.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You