News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for east side story

east side story Profile Photo
Member Name: east side story
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 29 2024, 04:41:59 PM

Once you stop coming to any Cabaret-related threads around here for reviews, you may actually begin to find the humor is how prologues and stickers got some of you hot under the collar. 

MOTHER PLAY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 28 2024, 05:21:19 PM

Caught this yesterday afternoon. The script does indeed a feel a bit undercooked, but it was wonderful to see Lange on stage again. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 27 2024, 11:50:51 PM

Saw this production this evening, and it is absolutely wonderful. Saw it London with the opening night cast, which I found stunning, and the NY iteration is worth seeing. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 02:37:15 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "That’s so funny. I’ve seen “Cabaret” 500 times and I always think that scene comes before the title song, also lol"

The placement of Sally and Cliff’s final scene has been after the title song in every production I have seen, including the Mendes’ revival(s).

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 20 2024, 08:24:35 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "Just back from tonight’s show and oh boy, what a difference 3 weeks makes. My take on the show at first preview was that Gayle was a very disappointing Sally. I didn’t get anything from her and was really let down. Well I’m very happy to say she had found her Sally and it’s really quite excellent. This is why I love theater so much - it’s a living and evolving thing. She’s very deserving of what I’m sure will be a forth

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread  Apr 14 2024, 01:53:50 PM

Snook is a star, and I hope this NY transfer is confirmed soon.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 10 2024, 08:29:40 AM

What's the scuttlebutt as to whom is replacing ER/GR at the end of summer?  Seeing that cast before the end of the month, but also just got tickets for December, so I am truly curious.  

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 9 2024, 09:24:51 AM

Finally got tickets for December.  Would have loved to have seen this at the Savoy this past winter, but very excited for the NY run. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 7 2024, 05:47:10 PM

aislestorm2 said: "The pre-show is underwhelming at best. Lots of what sounds like Klezmer music and bad dancing."

The ghost of Todd Haimes.

MOTHER PLAY Previews  Apr 7 2024, 08:37:24 AM

Seeing this in a few weeks, and greatly appreciate the input. Loved Lange in her last NY stage outing, so I am looking forward to this one.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 7 2024, 08:34:48 AM

Buckley’s vocals are killer here, too.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 6 2024, 04:22:26 PM

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 10:43:57 AM

I am not Frecknall, but I interpreted the costumes and handheld mic not being specifically period because it blurred the lines between what happened then, and still is happening today. The original costumes for London were allegedly designed to be pieces anyone could easily see in a queer space today, as well as Reigen artwork from 1927.

And for crying out loud, I cannot imagine anything more sleep-inducing than that Mendes/Marshall production being brought out of moth ba

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 3 2024, 03:13:57 PM

dramamama611 said: "How "mood enhancing" do you feel the pre-show is? We're slated for a 75 minute early entry point, but that sounds like a bit much to me - but I can be swayed.

"

You paid for the experience, you might as well an enjoy the entirety of it. I loved it in London, so I say give it a shot. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 01:08:22 PM

Oh come on, someone who attended please tell us about Gayle’s performance, please!

Actress Predictions - 2024 Tonys  Mar 25 2024, 10:00:49 AM

This incoming production of Cabaret pays closer attention to the Schneider/Schultz love affair, adding some lighter moments before the events of Act II. These playful interactions truly color their relationship a lot more than most productions that keep it grey and doomed.  The result only makes the second Act all the more devastating, so my money is absolutely on Neuwirth. If she can land it, she will win #3.

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 19 2024, 08:43:23 PM

That film adaptation was flat and lifeless, with almost nonexistent stakes to this viewer who saw the original production three times. The text is good but it still needs a production to make it crackle, including a strong director. That OBC was lightning, and even the replacement cast (Atkins) underwhelmed me following Jones and O’Byrne. 

Having adored Amy Ryan since seeing her in Streetcar back in 2005, a few months before seeing Doubt actually, I wish her

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024  Feb 12 2024, 10:03:39 PM

I believe rehearsals started today.

What could bring Fantasia back to Bwy?  Feb 5 2024, 01:51:06 PM

Fantasia said recently that she expected the phone to ring a lot during and following her run in the original production, and it rarely did, if ever, according to her. She was certain all that hardwork would be parlayed into other opportunities, that more people would sit up and take notice, but it did not happen that way for her. 

Broadway Sunset Will Be Open Ended Run  Jan 21 2024, 12:11:13 PM

Very few (if any) are looking to follow the Merman model nowadays, so a three to four month contract sounds about right. I think the days of artists essentially working themselves to the point of being unwell due to a twelve month contract in a musical are behind us. The pandemic taught us many things, and taking better care of ourselves is just one of many items on the list. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You