News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for afterthesun

Member Name: afterthesun
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FALSETTOS Previews  Oct 15 2016, 09:55:59 PM

I was there for today's matinee as well. I agree with BarnabyTucker on how nice a moment the curtain call was when Christian pushed her forward (and Stephanie seemed quite thrilled by it). The audience was also incredibly supportive and responsive, which just elevated it for me. I've never seen the show before, so I didn't know what to expect, but I thought Stephanie did a great job, and I got a kick out of witnessing her "debut."

SHE LOVES ME closes this afternoon - remembering its three Broadway bows through pictures  Jul 10 2016, 11:19:52 PM

Regarding the mustache, this collection of photos Nicholas Barasch posted at the after party today suggests that yes, Gavin's already shaved it! https://www.instagram.com/p/BHs0j9_Bupl/?taken-by=nick_barasch

I would've loved to be at the final performance today. About three weeks ago, I decided to splurge on a good seat to see the show a final time — I tried to get a ticket for this afternoon, but based on availability, I chose this past Friday night. This show really was such a treat. I finally watched the live stream all the way through this evening (I had been wanting to "save" it). As I said earlier in the thread, I'll really miss this show! I look forward to watching the stream again when it's back on the BroadwayHD later this year. At least I have the cast recording to tide me over!

SHE LOVES ME closes this afternoon - remembering its three Broadway bows through pictures  Jul 10 2016, 07:27:50 PM

I was unfamiliar with the show before its current revival, and I am so glad it was revived so that I could fall in love with it. What a true delight of a show. I'll miss it! Thank you for sharing the photos from past productions, Mr. Nowack! It's fun to see the different sets, costumes, etc.

Waitress Discount Tickets  Jun 13 2016, 05:12:18 PM

There's an earlier thread discussing discounts here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1092384&page=1

Theatermania has a discount for "up to $25 [for] select performances through October 6" here: http://theatermania.com/broadway/discount-tickets/waitress_311508/

CURIOUS INCIDENT TDF SEATS  Jun 8 2016, 08:42:24 PM

I saw it about two months ago (so, not that recently) and was seated in the front row of the mezzanine, house left (about five seats or so off the outermost aisle). I couldn't see the stage right wall of the set, but otherwise, I was very pleased with my seat.

Great Comet Discount  May 28 2016, 09:38:51 PM

Thanks, gypsy and Cupid Boy, for bringing this discount to our attention! I saw another similar rear mezz discount from Ars Nova, but that one expired as I waffled on whether or not to commit to tickets. I know very little about this show other than the buzz I've heard here and elsewhere, but I'm looking forward to it.

Compilation of reviews for Ms. Lange and the production  May 23 2016, 11:28:59 AM

Bandit, I saw a Sunday matinee performance, and I believe it started no later than 3:04. There is a sign posted in the lobby that says something to the effect of, "In order to get you home in a timely manner, the show will begin promptly at the listed performance time." I think they make every effort to start as on time as possible because of the longer running time.

HADESTOWN Rush (NYTW Rush)  May 22 2016, 10:10:18 PM

I was under the impression, from speaking to someone at the box office, that there was a restricted rush (which is actually just NYTW's rush policy). Per the NYTW website (http://www.nytw.org/connect/contact/):

Subject to availability at the opening of the box office, $25 day-of rush tickets may be available for youth, seniors, artists and Lower East Side residents. Rush tickets are sold cash-only, limit two per person.

Proper identification is required for all rush tickets. Youth (ages 25 and under) and seniors (ages 65+) may present an ID indicating date-of-birth; Artists may present an ID and a program or union card; Lower East Side residents may present an ID that includes your address.

I don't fit into any of the above categories, so I called the box office to find out if there were any other inexpensive tickets available for Hadestown (I'd really love to see it, but I can't bring myself to spend $99 on a ticket). She implied the only cheaper tickets available are through the standard rush policy mentioned above.

I may be wrong (and wouldn't mind being so!). I'd call the box office to double check.

Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop  May 18 2016, 11:41:13 AM

I called the box office to ask specifically about less expensive tickets for Hadestown and was told about the rush policy, so I would assume it is available.

I don't fall under any of the listed categories, though, so I can't speak from personal experience as someone who successfully rushed the show. Perhaps someone else here has rushed Hadestown?

Hadestown @ New York Theatre Workshop  May 18 2016, 11:21:23 AM

Per the website, NYTW's rush policy is $25 day-of tickets for youth (25 and under), seniors (65 and over), artists, and residents of the Lower East Side. It's cash only and limited to two tickets per person.

I spoke to someone at the box office yesterday, who confirmed there are no other "cheap ticket" options (unfortunately!).

Any thoughts on 'The Total Bent' ?  May 14 2016, 10:55:46 PM

I had similar thoughts to mac. I saw it a few nights ago and left feeling unsure of what to think. I really enjoyed the performances and music, but I thought it dragged a bit toward the end.

I took a chance on this, as I never saw Passing Strange, but had heard good things. I'm glad I went to this show, and, if anything, it's made me more curious about Passing Strange.

The Family Project  May 13 2016, 06:13:03 PM

I expect you are more hoping for information from people who (know people who) were there, but there are some details here from when it was announced last month: http://www.playbill.com/article/brad-oscar-and-jessica-molaskey-star-in-workshop-of-family-project-musical

Hamiltix Released  May 11 2016, 11:43:57 PM

I admit I hadn't even thought of that (perhaps that's naive of me. Thanks for the idea, ChiTheaterFan; definitely something to think about...

Hamiltix Released  May 11 2016, 10:55:51 PM

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate thread for this question, but it doesn't see worth starting a new thread for. Have people had success with ticket trades? In a "panic," I bought three tickets tonight for a date that might not work for all members of my party. I searched and searched for other dates (with plans to then just resell the ones I had), but it was too late by the time I came home and searched again. They are far side, rear orchestra seats, so not great (in

Off-Broadway  May 11 2016, 11:55:27 AM

I really enjoyed Bedlam's production of Sense and Sensibility at the Gym at Judson. They are "on vacation" at the moment and will start performances again on June 17. I found it silly and delightful (but also lacking in diversity).

The other shows I've heard good things about (and have been meaning to see myself), such as The Woodsman and Daddy Long Legs, have already been accounted for!

Waitress Discount?  May 9 2016, 10:39:02 PM

Thanks for the code, ClumsyDude!

For what it's worth, someone asked just the official Waitress Twitter a couple days ago about plans for rush/lotto, and the response was, "Stay tuned. We're working on it." https://twitter.com/WaitressMusical/status/729152163486765056 This, of course, seems to conflict with what the box office is saying, but there might be some hope yet...

Waitress Discount?  May 8 2016, 08:47:10 PM

Does anyone have a sense of when discount codes would become available for mid-June, or does the fact that the discount codes for this show expire at the end of May suggest there won't be discount codes for June? A friend is coming into town in mid-June and really wants to see the show, but since I've already seen it, I'd prefer to buy our tickets at discount. With that said, I don't want to wait too long for a discount that never comes and be stuck with poor seats.

She Loves Me Cast Recording?  Apr 11 2016, 03:42:36 PM

I'd chip in to see this recorded, too! Does anyone know approximately how much money would need to be raised?

I've actually been wondering about cast recording costs, as someone on Twitter recently asked Jack Viertel about a recording of the recent Encores! production of 1776, and he said, "If someone puts up the money!" 

Hungry @Public  Mar 29 2016, 09:03:50 PM

ChiTheaterFan, I'd agree with macnyc. I saw it this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was unfamiliar with Nelson's work prior and am really keen to see the next two parts. With that said, I didn't leave the theater with a sense of needing to see parts two or three, and there certainly wasn't a cliffhanger or anything of the sort. Frankly (and again, maybe this is just me being unfamiliar with the Apple plays), I'm not sure you'd even know there we

BRIGHT STAR Previews  Mar 21 2016, 08:27:36 PM

Cupid Boy, according to Ghostlight, the digital release is April 29, and CDs will be available on May 27.

They've released one song off the album here: http://www.sh-k-boom.com/bright-star-original-broadway-cast-recording

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You