News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for qafgenius12

Member Name: qafgenius12
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS Coming to Broadway; Rob Ashford to Direct!
 Aug 7 2014, 05:59:16 PM
Oddly enough in a recent thread on here of things we want to see revived this was actually on my list. Ive never seen a production, nor have I seen the film, but recently the cast recording which I own has made its way into my shuffle, very often for a playlist of almost 8000, and I have loved every song I heard, from The Aggie Song, to A Hard Candy Christmas, which I had no idea originated in this, having heard it last Christmas on the radio, and loved it, now I know why, cuz its Broadway! Im
Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson @ Piper Theater, Brooklyn
 Jul 11 2014, 08:24:19 PM
so for someone who doesnt often get out to Brooklyn or do Off-off, how does this all work, do you just show up, and get a spot, is there a line, tickets, wait, etc. Im just confused s to how it all works, I plan to go to the 19th's matinee, but Id like to know what Im in for beforehand...
New York Times 2014 Tony Awards Critics Picks
 May 29 2014, 01:35:23 AM
Is it just me, did I miss it, or did the NY Times not publish Brantley/Isherwood's Tony Awards picks this year, the "Who Will Win" "Who Should Win" and "Who SHould Have Been Nominated" including Off Broadway work. Did it not happen or did I miss it?
HBO's 'The Normal Heart': Your Thoughts
 May 27 2014, 03:03:39 AM
Having seen both the recent broadway Revival and the movie, I have a few thoughts...I feel that it worked better as a stage play, not that I am not grateful that a new audience who would not have been able to see the play can now see it, just that it had more emotional impact in a theatre of 1000 people, vs me alone in my bedroom watching in silence. At the Golden Theatre, reactions were audible, monologues were followed by applause, or silence, but silence that you could feel, or laughter, and
Buzzfeed's 43 Best Musicals since 2000
 May 24 2014, 07:56:49 PM
I could never really go into detail as far as the order is concerned though, I am very happy to see Next to Normal as Number 1, as it is my favorite show, not only since 200, but probably ever.

But I do find some omissions curious, A Gentleman's Guide, Matilda, Kinky Boots, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Xanadu, Rock of Ages, Mary Poppins, Boy From Oz, Mamma Mia & especially Spamalot, which people are seeming to forget. No not all of the ones I just listed deserve a spot on the list, but my

Rant about the 2014 TONY NOMINATIONS here
 May 4 2014, 01:56:58 AM
I am going to preface all my thoughts with this... I saw 37 of the 40 eligible shows this past season (missed Soul Doctor due to its short run, and also Betrayal and A Raisin in the Sun due to the utter lack of discount tix available for those shows, ironically both at the same theatre, one that does not offer standing room, which I found to be a travesty.) So I believe myself to be at least competent to make informed decisions on the Tony nominations/"snubs", and this theatrical season in gene
Have you seen a show in every Broadway house?
 Apr 15 2014, 10:23:06 PM
I am proud to say, that in the 5 years since I started seeing shows on Broadway, in perticular, I have been in all but 1, the Helen Hayes. I saw Rock of Ages at its original home of the Brooks Atkinson, so that is gonna keep me out of there til RoA closes, though I have considered seeing it again just to finish off my list. Only recently though, did I finally check off both the MInskoff and the Gershwin (local school group saw Lion KIng, and they had extra tix, so I snuck along free of charge,
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You