News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wickedmonkey33

Member Name: wickedmonkey33
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Worst Reviews Ever  Aug 28 2016, 05:44:30 PM

These are fantastic! Thank you all very much.

Worst Reviews Ever  Aug 27 2016, 01:11:22 PM

Hi, I'm looking for some help! What are some of the most hilarious, scathing reviews Broadway shows ever? Carrie? China Doll? Links to the reviews would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Best Show to See Multiple Times?  Oct 23 2013, 11:00:21 PM
For me its Matilda (my favorite show). I've seen it thrice and I was equally enthralled and invested each time. The story-telling and stagecraft is so rich: there is always something new to see. Something that you missed before!
If/Then Opening Night  Oct 22 2013, 02:26:20 PM
Ok great thank you!
NYC Trip ... What should I see??  Sep 29 2013, 07:53:29 PM
Matilda- Without a doubt the best show on Broadway. If you can see more than one go for Glass Menagerie, Pippin, Kinky Boots.
Question about the Flea Market  Aug 20 2013, 09:13:41 PM
Great Thank You!
Fall shows ... What are you looking forward to most?  Aug 20 2013, 08:20:28 PM
Everybody seems to be dismissing One Night With Janis Joplin- if you are coming in from out of town- it would be wiser to see a "real" Broadway play/musical. However, anybody who sees their fair share of shows in CCANNOT miss this show. I saw it in DC and it is the best concert musical I have ever witnessed- truly a wonderful night. I felt as though there was no where in the world that I would have rather been than in that theater.
Question about the Flea Market  Aug 20 2013, 08:14:48 PM
I went last year- and it is my favorite day of the year. But I only get to go to NYC a few times a year to see shows and I was thinking about seeing a matinee on the Sunday of the Flea Market. Will many roles be understudied that day because of the autograph tables? Or do the cast members get back to their shows for 1/2 hour? For example- If I wanted to see Big Fish: would I probably miss NLB's performance?
The 4 Matildas  Aug 18 2013, 11:23:40 PM
I have seen both Milly and Bailey live- and a bootleg of Oona. Milly has the best voice- hands down- and Bailey is the best actress. Oona has a quirck to her that I like- but isn't too strong in voice or acting. Sophia is supposed to be energetic and funny. I don't really like her voice though.
matilda  Aug 18 2013, 11:17:31 PM
I can't figure out if this thread is being sarcastic or not- because I can't imagine someone not loving this show. Best show I've ever seen on broadway- out of 34- and I'm 16.
MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?  Aug 18 2013, 11:11:07 PM
I talked to Lauren Ward about this a few months ago- she said that it was being discussed because THERE WERE SO MANY CHANGES BETWEEN STRATFORD AND BROADWAY. Little things like orchestrations, and big things like an entire verse in Naughty. I personally cannot wait for it- I am sure that they will have some cool bonus tracks, but I think the best thing will be to hear all of the new amazing voices in the cast- John Arthur Greene, The Matildas, JACK BRODERICK, and GABE EBERT, and LESLI FREAKING MA
Matilda US/London  Aug 18 2013, 10:56:50 PM
I have seen Matilda twice on Broadway and once on the west end. Whoever said that the Broadway version has an overture and curtain is incorrect. I think these were included in previews but they were cut by the second month of the run. Whoever said it should have stayed true to the book doesn't realize just how similar it is. The only difference is the story that Matilda tells Mrs. Phelps. In London, the entire book is much more British than on Broadway, some of the dancing is different, and a lo
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You