News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thehillsarealive

thehillsarealive Profile Photo
Member Name: thehillsarealive
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Where is Josie de Guzman?
 Jul 2 2011, 02:32:37 PM
Is that true? How do you know?
So who will play Fanny?
 Jun 30 2011, 10:58:19 PM
I think Audra Mcdonald would be amazing at it... but then it becomes a show about race.

Also, Fanny Brice wasn't black.

I guess I just want to hear her do Don't Rain On My Parade...

similarities between different performances
 Jun 30 2011, 10:55:59 PM
Whenever I listen to the Company 2006 revival recording of "You Could Drive a Person Crazy", Raul saying "She is... fun" when he introduces Marta sounds EXACTLY like Brian Stokes Mitchell saying "She is my goods, etc." at the beginning of the title song from the 1999 revival of Kiss Me Kate. I've noticed it since I first heard the Company recording, and I was wondering if anyone else hears it?

That being said, are there any other moments like this you've noticed during obsessive listeni

Lyrics that strike you as odd or disgust you
 Jun 25 2011, 12:43:00 PM
Taking for granted that Jekyll & Hyde is a bad, bad show, I've always had a fondness for Murder, Murder. I think it's a great number, but what always sticks out to me is:

"To kill outside St. Paul's
Requires a lotta balls!"

Seems a little modern and not like something someone in the 1880s would say...

Scenes You'll Never Forget
 Jun 25 2011, 12:31:45 PM
When I was eight, I saw Hairspray, the night after opening, for my first broadway show. I didn't even know what a musical was. When Harvey Feirstein entered for the first time, the audience applauded for long enough that Marissa Jaret Winokur and Kerry Butler sat down and waited it out instead of staying in the scene. That was the moment I knew I loved theatre... I'll always remember the whole show, but that moment stands out for me.

I'll also always remember Elaine Stritch's monologue

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You