News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MarkieSunshine

MarkieSunshine Profile Photo
Member Name: MarkieSunshine
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
 May 1 2022, 10:33:44 PM

Julie is a friend of mine and I wish I could see her in this role. She deserves every ounce of success. She is such a wonderful human being. I hope she gets to take over the role full-time when the time is right.

Anne Hathaway in
 Nov 16 2021, 05:32:56 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "I actually found the West End recording on YouTube and funny enough, the singerwho was Lili is actually very similarto Hathaway: Not the strongest, but does the job done.

I hope at the very least Kennedy Center revives it again in its concert series. I would adore Rachel Zegler as Lili when she's a bit older.
"

Carnival! Is my favorite musical. I named my dog after Lili. I would love to see Lucy St. Louis play Lili and Evan Ru

Dream Encores! Concerts
 Feb 11 2016, 03:23:39 AM

floyd collins, plain and fancy, and I do, I do!

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
 Jul 26 2012, 03:37:41 AM
I have to know, does Jessie Mueller do the trill in the Prologue and sing legit? The trill was cut in the London production and I was bummed. I know Jessie has a beautiful legit, I hope it gets used. See her singing classically by clicking on the link:
Cringeworthy Lyrics
 Jun 27 2012, 06:05:23 PM
from yeston/kopit's "Phantom":

Where ev'ry English horn
Makes me feel glad I'm born

barf...

Aaron Carter Joins The Cast Of THE FANTASTICKS
 Oct 25 2011, 05:26:45 PM
That article belongs in "The Onion". I think this is just weird. I mean, he isn't really a name with current tweens. I know they're trying to boost box office, but he's just an odd choice. I'm not dogging his ability, just a bit mystified by his casting.
H.M.S. Pinafore on PBS.com
 Oct 23 2011, 01:02:31 PM
I haven't seen it, but I gotta ask, does Josephine belt?
Glee's biggest WTF Broadway moment is...
 Sep 30 2011, 11:02:34 PM
"Mr. Shue was supposed to love me!" WHAT?!?!

FAIL!

I'm starting to hate "Glee." At first, I found it cute and funny. Now, it makes me want to roll my wheelchair down a few (two max) steps.

Anyone Else Seeing Laura Benanti at Ravinia?
 Aug 28 2011, 09:10:25 PM
It was sublime!
Moments You Love in Cast Recordings
 Aug 18 2011, 10:56:32 PM

The Wedding Singer: The way Laura Benanti says, "Okay" during "Someday" makes me giggle.

Chicago OBC: M. O'Haughey's final A-flat in "A Little Bit of Good." He holds it FOREVER. He has a glorious soubrette quality that makes phrases and trills sound like they're dipped in sugar.

Jekyll and Hyde: Robert Couccioli's evil laugh in "Transformation" The first time I heard it, I was in bed, in the dark, in a hotel room. I

A voice you would go hear even if the show was horrible..
 Aug 18 2011, 10:09:51 PM
Rebecca Luker

Aug 17 2011, 12:26:34 AM
luvtheEmcee, it seems to be sold out except for reserve seats. I know when I ordered mine it was almost sold out. I hope you can find tickets. :)
 Aug 17 2011, 12:13:43 AM
Bettyboy72, I doubt that. Benanti is a star in her own right. I think it's because she's shooting "Playboy Club" and is in Chicago for it.

AwesomeDanny, I'm glad we're both going and excited! I'm dragging my brother along. She's my idol and I haven't shut up about going since I got tickets.

Aug 16 2011, 03:03:02 PM
I'm so excited I could explode!
why did everyone not like little mermaid on broadway
 Aug 15 2011, 05:52:49 PM

It was my first Broadway show and some of the design choices were just strange. I also didn't like the book

next revival you want starring.......
 Aug 11 2011, 05:45:47 PM
She Loves Me:

Amalia Balash- Laura Benanti

Georg Nowack- Steven Pasquale

Ilona Ritter- Sherie Rene Scott

Steven Kodaly- Cheyenne Jackson

Ladislav Sipos- Stephen DeRosa

Mr. Maraczek- John O'Hurley

Arpad Laszlo- Aaron Tviet

How'd You Get Into Theatre?
 Aug 11 2011, 12:47:05 AM
When I was ten, I saw a notice for a community production of "A Christmas Carol." I figured that I was in a wheelchair, and that made me qualified, in my mind, to play Tiny Tim. I auditioned and got it. They actually took the part away from an ambulatory girl and gave it to me. From then on, I loved it.
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
 Aug 11 2011, 12:19:23 AM
While I am sad to see people out of work, I'm not too hung up on this show closing. I feel like Broadway has just run out of material so it's just pulling films from practically anywhere and packing shows with as many stars as possible to try and help sales. Maybe I'm old-school, but I wish that trend would stop. To echo others, best to all involved.
Unpopular opinions you hold
 Aug 5 2011, 09:36:50 PM
AwesomeDanny, I'm glad you agree! I really wish broadway would embrace all voice types and what is natural for them.
re: Famous Standbys-Understudies, etc.
 Aug 5 2011, 08:24:05 PM
Laura Benanti understudied Rebecca Luker in "The Sound of Music."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You