News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for budfrump

budfrump Profile Photo
Member Name: budfrump
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fun home or an American in Paris?
 May 13 2015, 10:02:19 AM

It's just so difficult to choose a winner out of these two shows. They are both so different and so special. An American in Paris is big, and gorgeous and classic Broadway, and Christopher Wheeldon's direction and choreography is some of the best I've EVER SEEN. Fun Home on the other hand is a game-changer. It is completely original and intimate. I loved them both so much, and felt so much while watching them. I think that Fun Home is going to win due to the momentum it's gained this season a

Hand to God Play Publication
 May 11 2015, 01:24:11 AM

Hey guys! I was in the city this weekend and saw Hand to God and really fell in love with the play. Along with the powerhouse performances given by the 5 performers onstage, I was also so taken by Robert Askin's writing. Does anyone know when it is going to be published so I can buy it?

I also caught the 4 Best Musical nominees which was so exciting. Each so different from the other!

Fun Home Previews
 Mar 28 2015, 10:26:53 AM
I am so excited for this!

First Broadway Show(s)!
 Aug 23 2014, 05:55:31 PM
My first Broadway show was the most recent revival of La Cage Aux Folles! Magic!
Must Read Plays?
 May 20 2014, 06:02:15 PM
These have all been said, but just to reiterate, definitely check out...

The Glass Menagerie
A Raisin in the Sun
Angels in American
The Goat, or Who is Sylvia?

I also just read Water by the Spoonful by Quiara Alegria Hudes, which won the Pulitzer for Drama a couple years ago. I thought it was very interesting. Definitely check it out.

just a few
 May 13 2014, 10:34:04 PM
No order!

1) Liza Minnelli in 'Cabaret'
2) Barbra Streisand in 'Funny Girl'
3) Jean Hagen in 'Singin in the Rain'
4) Rita Moreno in 'West Side Story'
5) Judy Garland in 'The Wizard of Oz'
6) Roy Scheider in 'All That Jazz'
7) Catherine Zeta-Jones in 'Chicago'
John Cameron Mitchell in 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'
9) Julie Andrews in 'The Sound of Music'
10) Dick Van Dyke in 'Mary Poppins'

SO many great ones though. I also love Joel Grey in 'Cabaret', Barbra in 'Hello, Dolly', Ellen Greene in 'Little Shop of Horrors', Betty Hutton in 'Annie Get Your Gun'. Too many to name!

Show advice!
 Apr 23 2014, 01:13:57 AM
Hello!

Ok, so I'm going to be in NYC for a short time at the end of this week, and need some advice as to which show I should see. I am there this coming Sunday and Monday. On Monday evening I am seeing Heathers, but I am completely torn as to what I should see Sunday afternoon. I am trying to decide between..

Lady Day
Violet
If/Then
Bullets Over Broadway

Based on those shows, do you have any recommendations as to which one I should see? Or if there is a sh

Hair Original Broadway Cast Recording
 Feb 25 2014, 10:37:07 PM
Hey guys!

So I'm doing a research report on Hair and it's success in integrating rock music into its score, and I'm looking for information on the cast recording? Like sales, release date, stuff like that! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What's your dream role or roles?
 Feb 17 2014, 03:17:17 PM
Younger Brother in Ragtime
Tateh in Ragtime
Toby in Sweeney Todd
Charlie Brown in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

A New Cinderella
 Dec 29 2013, 07:03:05 PM
She went to the Canadian College of the Performing Arts, which is one of the best in the country! She has musical theatre training!

She may surprise, but who knows.

Could Margaret White in 'Carrie: The Musical' be played by a man in drag?
 Dec 28 2013, 02:32:37 AM
Keys and vocal stuff aside, could this work as a man in drag?
Imagine...

I'm giving away a Fosse Biography-Merry Christmas!
 Dec 24 2013, 01:11:51 AM
Love this!

Ok, one of my favourite theatrical moments was when I was playing the Baker in INTO THE WOODS this past year at my highschool. I had been having a lot of troubles with performing in previous shows because I was finding it difficult to perform for myself rather than focus on what the audience was going to think. I began the short run at my highschool and decided that I was purely going to do this role for myself, and it became one of my most favourite roles I have ever done. A

What do you want out of 2014 in the theatre world?
 Dec 23 2013, 10:55:27 PM
-Jessie Mueller having a great leading role that plays to all of her strengths! She deserves something AMAZING
-A revival of The Secret Garden (I can dream)
-A lot of new and original work, with a lot of up and coming composers and lyricists making their Broadway debuts!
-Patti LuPone winning her third Tony
-Heathers: the Musical to transfer to Broadway and become a HIT

re: what would be your dream role to play on broadway and why
 Dec 21 2013, 02:51:41 PM
I just want to be on Broadway, no matter what role I get! But my dream roles currently are Tobias in Sweeney Todd or Dickon in The Secret Garden! There are so many amazing roles though! Charley in Merrily We Roll Along is another great one! Oh my god, also The Baker in Into the Woods.

SO MANY.

Finest acting performances on Broadway?
 Dec 20 2013, 11:28:59 PM
Having only seen 8 Broadway shows in my short life, I don't have much to work with, but I have seen some incredibly inspiring performances!

I found Norbert Leo Butz's performance in Catch Me If You Can to be a powerhouse! So much fun, and so thrilling to watch. Also Douglas Hodge in La Cage and Rachel Bay Jones in Pippin had a huge effect on me! I feel very fortunate to have seen the shows I've seen!

Shows you wish would be revived but probably never will
 Nov 26 2013, 12:58:02 AM
I would LOVE to see Redhead or Applause revived, but really don't think either will ever happen.
Matilda Balcony View
 Sep 2 2013, 10:36:13 PM
I sat near the top of the balcony and the view was basically perfect. There are some points where actors walk in from orchestra level that I missed, but it didn't matter!
Finch or Frump?
 Aug 25 2013, 12:26:19 AM
Frump is a fantastic role! (I love it, considering my username). Charles Nelson Reilly won a Tony Award for playing him in the OBC! Just don't TRY to steal scenes, just do the role and don't base it off of the fact that you want to steal scenes, or else your performance will come off as annoying!

Have fun, and break a leg!

Good 1-Minute Monologues
 Aug 23 2013, 02:09:37 AM
Try one of Eugene's monologues from Brighton Beach Memoirs.
How Many Of The 40 Broadway Theaters Have You Been To?
 Aug 23 2013, 02:08:35 AM
Neil Simon- Catch Me If You Can
Broadway- Sister Act, Cinderella
Lyceum- La Cage Aux Folles
Music Box- Pippin
Nederlander- Newsies
Shubert- Matilda
Al Hirschfeld- How to Succeed

Only 7! All amazing experiences though! I'll eventually get to them all!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You