News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jbomb

Member Name: jbomb
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What are Your Favorite Rodgers & Hammerstein Lesser Known Songs?
 Dec 28 2015, 03:22:07 AM

"How Can Love Survive" from THE SOUND OF MUSIC and "Come Home" from ALLEGRO are my two favorites.   I believe that Rodgers continued to write beautiful melodies after Hammerstein passed.  Listen to "Elizabeth" from REX and "You Could Not Please Me More" from I REMEMBER MAMA and hear the evidence.

Monologues from musicals
 Nov 19 2015, 11:53:09 PM

I loved George Rose's opening monologue that began "The Mystery of Edwin Drood".   His delivery made you feel that you were in for a very enjoyable evening of theatre.

Very moving play experiences
 Nov 19 2015, 11:46:19 PM

I think of 3 immediately.!  Watching Salieri (Ian McKellen) slowly come to realize that his musical compositions were nothing compared to the genius work of Mozart (Tim Curry) in "Amadeus"; feeling the tension as Golda Meir (Tovah Feldshuh) waited for Kissinger to call while experienced the sounds of the bombs outside the bunker in "Golda's Balcony"; and witnessing the scene in "Fences" when Troy (James Earl Jones) told his son, Cory (Courtney Vance

Musicals you love but many don't
 Sep 7 2015, 12:36:36 AM

These ten shows that I've enjoyed were critically unappreciated during their initial Broadway runs.  I listen to the cd's of many of these shows quite regularly.  (It's a shame that the last one was never recorded)

STARLIGHT EXPRESS, BALLROOM, STEEL PIER,

THE ADAMS FAMILY, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, GRIND

THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL, THE GOODBYE GIRL

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO, COPPERFIELD

Best Turn by a Non-Singer in a Broadway Musical
 Sep 7 2015, 12:19:37 AM

Five women come to mind:  Katharine Hepburn in "COCO", Irene Ryan in "PIPPIN", Frances Sternhagen in "ANGEL", Imogene Coca in "ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY" and Lila Kedrova in the "ZORBA" revival.  I saw three men who would qualify:  Christopher Plummer in "CYRANO", Mako in "PACIFIC OVERTURES", and Werner Klemperer in the "CABARET" revival.  I never saw Vincent Price in "DARLIN

Favorite scores since 2000
 May 28 2015, 01:59:23 AM

I am listing my top ten here (Including Broadway only):

1.  A Gentleman's Guide To Love and Murder

2.  Curtains

3.  The Drowsy Chaperone

4. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

5.  Wicked

6. The Producers

7.  The Light In The Piazza

8.  Something Rotten

9.  The Book of Mormon

10. Newsies

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You