News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for freeadmission

freeadmission Profile Photo
Member Name: freeadmission
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address: http://artisticdominion.blogspot.com/
Profile: I believe in dragons. And unicorns. Oh, and giants, too.

Semicolons are my favorite.

I defy Dionysus by frequently saying "Macbeth" in the theatre.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who wants my GGLAM ticket?  Jan 13 2016, 01:51:07 PM

Well aren't y'all just a bucket of Georgia peaches. Had I known people felt so seriously about the subject, I'd've copy/pasted the entire cast, crew, and production credits, lest I cause any confusion over WHICH production of Gentleman's Guide I meant. ??

Thanks for keeping this on the first page, though, I guess. 

Who wants my GGLAM ticket?  Jan 12 2016, 09:34:14 PM

I know this is a little last-minute, but I'd like to see Fiddler tomorrow night instead of GGLAM, since I've already seen it. It's balcony A8, face value of $42, paid just over $50 with taxes and fees, and I'm asking $40 OBO.

Just PM me and we can talk details.

Cabaret at Studio 54  Sep 12 2012, 09:08:14 AM
Excellent. I saw that picture, but it's always hard to tell for sure what production something is from.

Thank you so much!

Cabaret at Studio 54  Sep 12 2012, 09:00:54 AM
I'm doing a project for my production class and I need some photos of what the set/house looked like during the 1998 production of Cabaret at Studio 54. Googleing has proven difficult (though I'm still working at it). Does anyone happen to have any at the ready?

Thanks so much.

One FOLLIES ticket for sale! 8/31  Jul 13 2011, 03:21:57 PM
Turns out I was counting chickens again and couldn't get off work for the days I hoped to travel to the city. I have one ticket available for purchase. I was gonna go craigslist, but I figured I'd give someone here a shot first.

$90 for the right section of the Orchestra, five rows back, five seats from the aisle (regularly priced at $125 plus fees). PM me if you want it.

Follies
Marquis Theatre, New York, NY
Wed, Aug 31, 2011 08:00 PM
Seat location: section

re: Theatrical Criticism  Oct 22 2009, 03:13:19 PM
Wow, thank you guys so much. You've been extremely helpful!
re: Theatrical Criticism  Oct 21 2009, 01:32:22 PM
I'm looking more for books ON criticism.

I'm writing on the nature of justice and vengeance as seen in Sweeney Todd. Though I can do a bang up job of criticism without sources, technical terms look nice in a paper and sources always look nice in a bibliography.

Theatrical Criticism  Oct 21 2009, 01:23:33 PM
Any of you folks know of good books on the topic? I'm writing a thesis that's mostly about philosophy, but through the lens of Sweeney Todd and I want to make sure I don't do anything stupid.

Thanks much!

re: Desktop Wallpaper  Oct 18 2009, 05:57:27 PM
Mind posting that Weez. I happen to be currently obsessed with that tetralogy. Thanks.
re: WEST SIDE STORY Partial View/ SRO?  Jul 15 2009, 06:59:51 AM
I bought a balcony standing room ticket and, as one of only three SRO ticket holders, ended up standing in the mezz thanks to a kind usher.

Warning about the mezz SRO, if you're short (I'm 5' 2"), you can hardly see a thing. I ended up standing at the top of the center aisle and it was actually one of the better views I've ever had in a theatre.

Unfortunately, the good experience was rather ruined by a very old usher lady who paced back and forth the entire show, shuffling her

re: Meghann Fahy on as Natalie in Next to Normal TONIGHT  Jun 26 2009, 12:13:34 AM
If I want a ticket, I always get there far earlier than 8AM. That includes my rushing experience at next to normal.
re: Meghann Fahy on as Natalie in Next to Normal TONIGHT  Jun 26 2009, 12:09:29 AM
ljay, I do not live in NY and I've managed to get rush tickets for this show -- and many others, many times. It can be done. It just takes planning.

To not get there early enough simply means it's not worth it to you. Don't complain because other people think it's worth it.

re: N2N on CBS Early Show 6/3  Jun 3 2009, 09:58:18 AM
I watched the Early Show after an hour delay and they censored the spoiler. Switched to a clip from the show and cut the sound out for those two seconds.

I guess someone got angry, and with good reason.

re: Next to Normal Coming to Broadway!!  Feb 16 2009, 10:20:39 PM
It's totally still there. Just not . . . directly.

http://www.barlowhartman.com/next_to_normal.htm

Cast Recording of Next to Normal  Jan 14 2009, 01:42:26 PM
That was me--nice to meet you, freeadmission!

I got your point in the theater and I like how you presented it here, but I think it's a matter of what level you perceive it

Awesome! It was nice meeting you as well. You're officially the first BWWer that I've met in person.

As for everything else, I pretty much agree fully with iamdangoodman and don't really have anything to add. If you put a gun to my head and forced me to pick a single most powerful moment in th

Personal, Passionate Review SPOILER  Jan 13 2009, 09:25:57 AM
TonyVincent, did I meet you after the evening show on Saturday? I remember talking to someone who came down from NY to see the show (having seen it at Second Stage) and he also mentioned not liking the removal of "Let Their Be Light" from the beginning.

Ironically, I've found the reason you liked "Light" at the beginning is the reason I like its removal. I find the end much more hopeful and I think it's appropriate. I'm all for depressing musicals, but this show almost requires the hope

re: David Hyde Pierce Attendance at Curtains  Jun 22 2008, 01:32:29 PM
I saw Patty on Wednesday night and I thought she was FANTASTIC. I actually found her to be a stronger singer than Ms. Monk, though perhaps not with quite as much stage presence. I thoroughly enjoyed her performance. AND the whole show. Couldn't stop grinning.
re: Why I walked out of Gypsy today  May 24 2008, 07:35:44 PM
I'd just like to come to the defense of the house manager, who I feel got slandered by the poster. He was a real sweetheart to me when I left my merch in the theatre. He canvassed the front mezz with me and then brought me down to the orchestra to ask the cleaning people if they'd picked anything up. He was very kind and understanding, and extremely courteous to the old folks (Wed. mat, haha) who were having trouble getting down the stairs.

Either your emotions are clouding your judg

Show Review Archives?  Apr 23 2008, 12:01:25 AM
I need some show reviews from the 40's (particularly Oklahoma!, West Side Story, and the like) for a project I'm doing, but they can't really be from the NYTimes. Anyone know where I can look online?
Follies - 1987 London cast recording  Jan 14 2008, 05:33:32 PM
Is there a full recording of this show, or only the highlights? I've looked in several places and have been unable to find it.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You