News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for emlodik

emlodik Profile Photo
Member Name: emlodik
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Just your usual musical theatre buff from... European, Broadway, Regional... Bring it on! :)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Help get Carrie '88 into the National Recording Registry!  Apr 3 2017, 08:26:50 PM

Hi! Thank you so much for helping revive this show. And I agree, the new revival lacks a lot. It doesn't have the original's lush orchestrations, some of the new songs are dull, and I hate that they trimmed some of the best arias in the show. Also, the new expositional scenes don't really work, they have the look and feel of a cheesy after-school special. Even the revised 2015 LA production was lacking. I just wish R&H would allow theatre companies to mix and match materi

I don't want the flashy musicals. What should I see?  Feb 3 2014, 08:09:13 PM
I heard good things about "DISASTER!" if you like parodies.
I don't want the splashy musicals. What should I see?  Feb 3 2014, 07:57:12 PM
Well, I guess "The Little Mermaid" is out. :-P

LOL, sorry, couldn't resist.

Why did SUNSET BOULEVARD fail?  Feb 3 2014, 07:56:37 PM
Since when is anyone on this board respects anyone's opinion?
Why did SUNSET BOULEVARD fail?  Feb 3 2014, 06:21:49 PM
"Petula Clark found humor in the role I hadn't thought was there. "

Not this again. Petula Clark was HORRIBLE as Norma. She is the WORST Norma out of the original productions. She played her like some sort of a second rate Sophia Petrillo knock-off. She was an embarrassment and completely un-watchable. And the things her voice did to Norma's arias should be counted as a sexual assault and battery.

Rank  Feb 3 2014, 06:15:24 PM
@ emlodik: I LOVE YOUR PALOMA SAN BASILIO AVATAR AS EVITA AVATAR!!

:: TWO THUMBS UP ::

Indeed! She is my favorite, with Elena Roger being close second. I also love Isabel Weiken from the original Austrian cast and Rocio Banquells from the original Mexican recording really grew on me recently. At the very least, they're all unique and edgy sounding, unlike those two generic pop princess "Wicked" expatriates they got sharing the role in the current US tour.

Rank  Feb 3 2014, 06:09:30 PM
Yes. The orchestrations on the 1997 Japanese album and the 1981 Spanish album are SUBLIME.
Why did SUNSET BOULEVARD fail?  Feb 3 2014, 02:12:41 PM
I thought Debra Byrne was fantastic. Yeah, she was a train wreck BEHIND the scenes and missed many shows, but I think it's because the role of Norma resonated too much with her then-current situation. It made her performance fantastic, but in the end caused a complete mental breakdown. Also, Maria Mercedes was her "alternate," not understudy. And she was fantastic as well.
Rank  Feb 3 2014, 02:05:41 PM
"1. Patti LuPone and the OBC
2. everything else"

How sad for you. :-/

How Is The Russian  Aug 18 2013, 02:39:12 AM
There seems to be a lot of cattiness and bitterness towards Larisa Dolina on here. Guys, can we judge her performance solely on its merits? She's just an entertainer (and a fantastic one at that!) who happens to be from Russia, she didn't personally draft and sign their anti-gay legislature!
Sunset Boulevard , Linda Balgord  Aug 16 2013, 08:32:58 PM
Linda is my definitive Norma (tied with Helen Schneider). Her singing is a bit of an acquired taste, but vocally she's a powerhouse and her performance was mesmerizing and she made some very unique character choices. The final scene between her and Ron Bohmer & Ed Dixon was heartbreaking.
Sunset Boulevard at Musical Theatre West  Jul 13 2013, 05:28:58 AM
True, but the effect is somewhat dampened by the hideous and tacky sets & costumes. Wichita, what hath thou wrought?!
Sunset Boulevard at Musical Theatre West  Jul 12 2013, 08:30:23 PM
Ugh... They rented the repulsive sets and costumes from Wichita. Disgusting.
What Do You Think of Eve Ensler?  Aug 6 2012, 08:16:02 PM
Lesbo.
What Do You Think of Eve Ensler?  Aug 6 2012, 07:41:52 PM
Dyke.
What Do You Think of Eve Ensler?  Aug 5 2012, 05:22:09 PM
What a bunch of sad, pathetic, butthurting, overly PC sheep.

You asked me what I thought of Eve Ensler. I gave my opinion. If you hate it so much, then go cry to Isis and wait for her to do something about it.

Who is replacing Elena Roger while she's on vacation?  Aug 3 2012, 07:49:05 PM
WHAT?!? No, it can't be! I thought her first day is on the 12th?!
Who is replacing Elena Roger while she's on vacation?  Aug 3 2012, 06:05:03 PM
Thanks! Jessica sounds like a winner. I just don't want a pathetic non-entity Eva that I had to endure on the regional circuit for so long.
What Do You Think of Eve Ensler?  Aug 3 2012, 06:03:42 PM
"Once upon a time, there was dick in Eve's life, but now she's wanting nothing but vadge. There's nothing she can do, a total dykefest of the heart..."

What Do You Think of Eve Ensler?  Aug 3 2012, 11:49:16 AM
I think she's a psychotic, pseudo-intellectual misandrist with numerous double standards and I'm highly suspicious regarding her claims that her father molested her, just sounds like an excuse to bash men and make money off of naive feminist-wannabe college girls.

As for "The Vagina Monologues" - WORST. PUPPET SHOW. EVER.

I do think it has great potential if Jim Steinman adapted it into a musical, "Total Dykefest of the Heart" and "Tonight's What it Means to Eat Rug" are

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You