News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for drewmangroup

drewmangroup Profile Photo
Member Name: drewmangroup
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread
 Mar 22 2019, 12:23:36 PM
Love The Cher Show, but I see Jarrod as featured. Plus, he could win there because he’s great. Saw Tootsie in Chicago and while I was lukewarm on the show as a whole, Santino Fontana is fantastic and is certainly award-worthy there.
Public theater stage door
 Feb 10 2019, 10:42:29 AM
I just wouldn’t get my hopes up if it’s a big name. The three times I’ve waited for someone well-known, I haven’t had any luck and there are a lot of spaces to move about in there.
BAM - Streetcar
 Jun 25 2015, 08:53:38 PM
I was wondering if someone could advise me on how to stay on top of monitoring ticket on sales for BAM's upcoming production of A Streetcar Named Desire. It looks like it will be an excellent production, but I can't find any information on BAM's website and, particularly as an out-of-towner, I don't want to miss the on sale as I would guess tickets will sell quickly. Any advise is appreciated. Thank you.
GROUNDED Coming To Broadway This Winter Possibly
 Jun 25 2015, 08:48:52 PM
I find this a bit surprising. I saw the final show and wasn't terribly impressed. With respect to those who liked it, I thought Hathaway's accent was off, which is cumbersome when the show is her talking the whole time. . Also, there were a handful of empty seats and I read on this thread that that was common. Plus, I got student tickets for $30, which were not part of any rush. A transfer would rely heavily on people going to see Hathaway, which could work if more actively promoted, I suppose.
Roger Rees has departed The Visit
 May 29 2015, 07:26:11 AM

Does anyone know which performance was his last? I saw him perform it on 5/22. I loved him in the role and thought it must have been how they were playing it that he was perhaps a bit slower on the draw. 

The Audience Stage Door
 Feb 28 2015, 04:36:00 PM
I noticed a bunch on eBay (not something I would ever purchase!). She has a very nice signature.
AIRLINE HIGHWAY
 Feb 27 2015, 12:35:04 PM
I am a big fan of "Detroit" and I liked this as well. It's one of those plays that you don't really know where it's going at the end of the first act (I didn't, anyway), but it definitely caught my grip during Act 2. It is similar to "Detroit" with its loose plot and other elements I don't want to disclose.

I'm excited Julie White will be in it on Broadway, but it is too bad I probably won't get to see her in it. Given the low ticket sales for Casa Valentina, I can't imagine this wil

Weekend Tickets to Curious Incident and/or Constellations Advice
 Jan 13 2015, 08:07:45 PM
I'm off to NYC this weekend with my mom and dad. We have show openings for Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. We would love to see Curious Incident, but Consellations has no tickets available via Telecharge and Curious Incident only has split seats that aren't very good.

How much will chances improve if we go to the box office either when we arrive on Friday or on the day of the show? Any other tips would be welcome.

Thanks!

Airline Highway pre-Broadway run at Steppenwolf
 Dec 30 2014, 11:07:06 AM
I saw it last week and really enjoyed it. It didn't hook me until the second act, but I was holding out faith that it was that your of play. It reminded me of Detroit in that you have a scenario wherein eschewing responsibility and indulging in sex, drugs, and alcohol can seem like the good life. Then, in an unforeseen moment, those notions are turned on their head.

They sell $20 tickets day of at the box office and this doesn't seem to be selling well. I got a great aisle seat in the

The Last Ship Stage Door
 Dec 21 2014, 10:52:22 AM
Does anyone know if Sting signs afterward? I will be walking down 52nd just after the show lets out on Tuesday and wondered if I should avoid that side of the street. Didn't see anything listed on other threads. Thanks!
The Real Thing stagedoor
 Nov 10 2014, 09:24:54 PM
I was there a week ago Sunday. Someone told me Cynthia comes out and she's great, but nobody else. That day, Cynthia didn't come out but Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor did. Maybe they alternate or maybe this person was clueless. In any event, they both had black SUVs there for them, so that should be easy to tell. They actually have a barricade, which is not often the case at American Airlines. Both signed Playbills but did not pose for photos.
The Color Purple mini tour
 Oct 26 2014, 09:35:44 AM
Detroit run was canceled after the first show due to "technical difficulties that could not be corrected." I heard the first show did not go well. I had tickets for today. Very unfortunate for all involved that it came this far and barely ran.
American Airlines Theatre boxes
 Sep 6 2014, 11:33:36 AM
I'm bumping this because I'm looking at tickets for The Real Thing and have the same question. Any input would be helpful as these seats are about half the price, but I don't want a hampered experience.
American Airlines Theatre boxes
 Sep 6 2014, 11:33:30 AM
I'm bumping this because I'm looking at tickets for The Real Thing and have the same question. Any input would be helpful as these seats are about half the price, but I don't want a hampered experience.
Bridges of Madison County Previews
 Jan 19 2014, 12:49:01 AM
Never read the book and saw the movie back when and liked it okay... Got rush ticket and LOVED IT! I'm so impressed by how they made it into more of an ensemble musical and this seemed to be an accomplished second preview. I like brooding musicals and this fit the bill somehow. Didn't mind obstructed view - Row K far stage right. Kelli O'Hara must have the best voice on Broadway right now.
Godot Stage Door
 Dec 30 2013, 01:51:08 AM
I was there the night before it opened. There was a healthy crowd but I think anyone with sense (don't be the last one in the theatre and know where the stage door it) should do well. All the stars take their time and make attempts to sign for everyone.
Mira Sorvino
 Dec 26 2013, 03:58:03 PM
I'm with you. Mighty Aphrodite was 20 years ago, but I still consider myself a big fan and I haven't seen much of her of late. I assume she is NY based.
Is there a stage door for MTC Stage I (COMMONS OF PENSACOLA)??
 Nov 10 2013, 10:35:51 AM
I believe they just come out the main entrance but there is another exit from which performers can leave out of sight. I'm not finding any info on SJP, so I'm not optimistic this stop will yield results.
Kinky Boots Partial View Seats
 Aug 19 2013, 07:26:06 PM
I had Row A to the far right and I was absolutely pleased with the experience, particularly considering I would have paid $100 more for a couple seats to my left and the comparable seat would be in the middle mezzanine. Someone told me afterward that none of the seats are that obstructed. There were a couple times something was partially blocked, but it wasn't as if I missed anything.
Far From Heaven to be recorded
 Jul 13 2013, 03:45:13 PM
I'm not really big into musicals but I LOVED THIS SHOW! So glad it is getting a recording and don't understand the critical dismissal. Hope it lives on!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You