News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 123musicalfan

Member Name: 123musicalfan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 Apr 10 2024, 04:44:14 PM

Broadway Flash said: "It looks like Kristen Blodgette is going to be the MD on this, based on the video they just released. She was WONDERFUL when she did the revival on Broadway, I wish she would be doing it again this fall in New York."

Was that David Caddick that appeared in the video next to Sarah Brightman and Kristen Blodgette? It looked like SB was introducing him, and I'm guessing it might be because she has worked with both Caddick

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 21 2023, 03:37:01 PM

MannPhan24601 said: "Went through that whole reddit thread. Yikes. Especially the one making fun of the OBC and Sarah Brightman . Horrible though on how his later days were mistreated"

I read the whole thread but didn't see this. Very curious to know what he said. Do you mind paraphrasing (realized it might have gotten deleted) 

MARY POPPINS RETURNS
 Nov 27 2018, 07:29:27 AM
Thank you for these early reviews which are exciting to read!
One of the main reasons to watch this film (for me) is the presence of Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury. If I may ask, how long are they in the movie for and do they each get their own song?

Mamma Mia 2 Trailer!
 Dec 23 2017, 11:37:37 PM

Gorlois said: "I don't think Meryl is dead. I think it's a fake-out. If you look at the scene in the chapel from the trailer with Seyfried and Streep, you'll notice the congregants are looking at both of them which would be off if it were a fantasy in Seyfried's head.

She's probably "traveling the world" and can't be reached, and then she steps off the helicopter after Cher.

Not feeling the flashbacks unless Cher is in those, to

Lin-Manuel Shows Disrespect
 Oct 1 2017, 12:28:21 PM

Not a trump fan, but these sort of comments by LMM and other celebrities are part of the reason why he won the election, and if they don't dial back their attacks (while still making their differences clear), he will win again. 

Dame Judi Dench is Glad She Didn't Do Cats
 Oct 1 2017, 12:16:35 PM

BuddyStarr said: "I thought I had heard from an interview or read somewhere that ALW first developed the song Memory for a stage version of Sunset Blvd but then ended up using it in Cats. I don't recall where I had seen/heard this though."

I also vaguely remember reading something about this on an old Michael Crawford fansite about 12 years ago. I think there was a 3 second snippet of Michael singing what it was supposed to be a song for Norma titled On

Song order on the school of Rock recording
 Dec 9 2015, 12:35:28 PM

Thank you so much :) that is amazing 

Song order on the school of Rock recording
 Dec 9 2015, 11:39:13 AM

Does anyone know what the last line of Queen Of The Night is? I cannot make out a single word of what Sierra is singing then. 

''Freddie I warned you about the cymbals ...

(Trills) ... (trills)

So peaceful.  ........ ?????????????'' 

Was Streisand the first to sing the Sunset Blvd songs to the public?
 May 8 2012, 01:10:53 PM
Elaine Paige was the first to ever sing a song from Sunset Boulevard ... she sang "With One Glance" at the ALW-Madeleine Gurdon wedding.

Michael Crawford sang a few lines of a song called "One star, there is only one true star" (where he did it I cannot remember ... I heard it on youtube ages ago), and apparently it was supposed to be sung by Max, but was cut.
It had the same tune as Memory, so I'm not too sure how that worked.

Sarah Brightman recorded "Surrender" and the

which joseph and the amazing technicolor dream coat cast album should i buy?
 Apr 28 2012, 11:45:07 PM
Maria Friedman and Laurie Beecham are in my opinion, the best narrator's the show has had. I love Laurie who has a stunning voice, and Maria as she brings such a great depth to the role. (Tim Rice said that Maria playing the role was amazing, because she brought out so much in the character. I believe ALW and Donny Osmond said the same thing ... ALW on the Special Features disc, and Donny Osmond on a Broadwayworld interview).

I'd suggest, if you can get it, the Donny Osmond/Maria Friedm

EVITA, JCS New Cast Recordings?
 Apr 7 2012, 04:01:06 AM
Oh I do hope so. Apart from Elena and Ricky Martyn (who are great in their roles), the rest of the cast of Evita are so talented that they deserve to have one, Michael Cerveris, Max Von Essen, Rachel Potter, etc.

Would love one for JCS as well,thought there aren't many big "names" in it.

Sunset Boulevard - Movie Dream Cast
 Apr 7 2012, 03:58:46 AM
Elena Roger said in an interview once that she would like to play Norma.

Norma - Elena Roger
Joe - ricky Martin
Max - Michael Cerveris
Betty - Rachel Potter
Artie - Max Von Essen

but my dream Cast would be

Norma - Elaine Paige
Joe - Ramin Karimloo
Max - George Hearn/Michael Crawford
Betty - Sierra Boggess/Connie Fisher

and maybe Nathan Lane as (I forget his name) the salesman in The Ladies Paying

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You