News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for guiltyone2

Member Name: guiltyone2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Book of Mormon SRO, was it worth it?
 Jul 27 2011, 04:58:22 PM
So so so so worth it.

I actually loved the show so much that I ended up doing SRO twice... in the same week. Besides the fact that the show is fantastic, the view is incredible for that price and the wait isn't that bad if you have people to wait with. Just make sure you sit as much as possible through the day.. I tried standing in the line most of the 4 hours I waited the first time, and my feet were killing me by intermission.

Definitely go for it!

Rush Advice
 Jul 27 2011, 04:49:32 PM
Also: On the Spiderman front--I got in line at around 8:45 and I was the 4th person in line, and by the time the box office opened at 10, there were only about 7 people behind me and there were TONS of tickets. Might be different now (this was for the last preview performance) but it didn't seem that difficult to me.
Rush Advice
 Jul 27 2011, 04:47:40 PM
Catch Me is an extremely easy rush. Got a Friday night show rush ticket recently at 4:30 pm.

I also had a really easy experience with How to Succeed rush a few weeks ago for a Wednesday evening show--got a Box seat at 3:30. I have heard that the line gets kind of crazy in the morning, but I also know that they have a LOT of rush tickets, so don't get discouraged by a long line and if you're in the area it's worth checking even if it might seem late.

Also rushed Billy Elliot rec

Rushing Several Shows This Weekend
 Jun 28 2011, 11:54:51 PM
I managed to get a rush seat for How to Succeed at 3 pm two weeks ago for the evening show. I have heard that people generally line up really early, though, so I probably just lucked out--I do know that they usually have quite a few rush tickets available, however, so don't get discouraged by a long line!

And as for Catch Me, also rushed that and got my ticket at about 4pm for a Friday night performance (there were quite a few left at that time too).

I bet NYC is going to be pr

Norbert- Tuesday night
 Jun 17 2011, 01:46:37 AM
I am so, so, so glad to have seen this. To be honest, as much as I love Norbert, I was a little surprised that he didn't thank any of the cast on Sunday--and especially surprised and a bit upset that he didn't thank Aaron, given that they've been working extremely close on the project for quite some time. I mean, even John Larroquette even thanked Daniel Radcliffe, and they haven't been working on H2$ nearly as long or as closely as Aaron and Norbert have been working on Catch Me.

This,

Book of Mormon SRO
 Jun 17 2011, 01:42:47 AM
Also, I am so incredibly glad that they don't put the SRO spots in with the lottery mix. SRO is such a fantastic option, because it lets people who are really committed to seeing the show have a sure-fire way of getting in (provided they can wake up early enough). Lottery is such a crap-shoot, and for people who are only in town for a limited amount of time and can't show up every day to enter (I met someone the other day who entered 35 times and hasn't won yet) it is an accessible way to see an
Book of Mormon SRO
 Jun 17 2011, 01:38:47 AM
SRO on Tuesday must have been really crazy, because after waiting in the SRO line for both last Saturday's matinee and this past Wednesday's evening show, my experience vis a vis the policing of the line could not have been more different. When I went on Wednesday, there were at least two people from the theater around the line at all times making sure no last-minute friends joined, and while some people joined late to wait in line with friends, when it was time to actually buy the tickets they
NORBERT LEO BUTZ OVER JOSH GRAD?!
 Jun 13 2011, 12:21:58 AM
I'm so glad that Norbert got it. I saw both shows this past weekend, and while I definitely thought the Book of Mormon was a much better show, I didn't think that Gad or Rannells were stand-outs in the same way that Norbert was.
Catch Me Rush
 Jun 12 2011, 01:08:16 AM
My recent experience: got in late off a train on Friday, went to the box office at around 4:30 on a whim figuring it was worth a shot, and ended up with a pretty decent Mezz seat.
Book of Mormon SRO
 Jun 12 2011, 12:52:02 AM
Also had a successful SRO experience today for the matinee! It was actually busier than I thought; I'd say that by 9:30 just about all the tickets were accounted for. Fantastic show, though--was well worth the wait!
How to Succeed Stage Door
 Jun 11 2011, 01:35:02 AM
These stories all bring me back to my Equus stage door experience: waiting about an hour in what was literally a 200-person mob all for a glimpse of Daniel Radcliffe. Madness. I do cherish that signed playbill, though.

Have people experienced much of people shoving HP-related things at him to sign?

Book of Mormon SRO Questions
 Jun 9 2011, 06:46:19 PM
Hoping to try for standing room seats for the Book of Mormon this week, and had a few questions:

1. Do they give out one ticket per person in line, or can you get two?
2. What's the line usually like for matinees? I've seen people here talking about lines starting to get long around 3 or 4 for the evening shows, but haven't seen anything about matinee performances. For those of you who've tried/seen the SRO line for these, how early will I need to be there?

Probably going t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You