News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Michelleruth

Michelleruth Profile Photo
Member Name: Michelleruth
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Your favorite showtunes?
 May 8 2004, 08:43:38 AM
First thing that came into my mind was "Don't Rain on My Parade"...and I can't for the life of me think of what show that is from!!! Geez!!!!

Also love...

* All I Ask of You
* This is the Moment
* all music from Les Miserables
* If I Can't Love Her
* Getheseme
* from Joseph and the Amazing Tech----the song that sounds like Elvis (pharoh telling about his dreams)..."bop shu wa du wop, bop bop shu wa du wop"

re: Johnny Guitar Cast Recording
 May 8 2004, 08:35:11 AM
$5 -- but I don't think it is the cast singing on it.
re: Broadway Golden Boy Hugh Jackman Slated to Leave Musical Oz Sept. 12
 May 8 2004, 08:34:05 AM
Ohhh....his last show is on my birthday! Maybe someone will buy me a birthday gift -- tix to go see him????
re: Johnny Guitar Closing
 May 7 2004, 04:22:21 PM
I read that the cast album will be released in late June. Both Steve Blanchard, who originated the title role, and his replacement, Christpher Carl will be on it. (I hope Steve sings "Tell Me a Lie").

It is too bad that the show is closing. I really enjoyed it.

Mominator, I hope you get to go see it!

re: To Close, or Not To Close?
 May 2 2004, 02:27:28 PM
I'm never right. But...I thought it was getting good reviews????Maybe I just am thinking of the article in Playbill........
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: PBS to Air Vintage 'Cinderella' Musical with Julie Andrews - playbill.com
 Apr 30 2004, 07:28:17 PM
My two nieces are at the perfect age, so I just ordered the DVD from Amazon (with Leslie Ann Warren).
re: Michael Ball and Salt Lake
 Apr 30 2004, 07:24:24 PM
It should be a lot of fun. I have to go to San Diego for a business meeting the week of the 17th. SLC is on the way to San Diego from the East Coast -- at least in the right direction --, so I decided to leave a few days early and take a slight detour. I'll do some siteseeing in SLC and see a concert.
re: Assassins
 Apr 28 2004, 07:15:44 PM
Didn't I read it has been extended through July. I will officially eat my words....as I did not think the show would do well.

What do I know?

re: re: re: re: PBS to Air Vintage 'Cinderella' Musical with Julie Andrews - playbill.com
 Apr 27 2004, 12:50:32 PM
Remember the one done in the 60's with Leslie Ann Warren in the title role, and Celeste Holm as the Fairy Godmother? I would love to see that again.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Hugh Jackman All Waxed Up!
 Apr 27 2004, 07:42:03 AM
I get creeped out in wax museums. Not sure if I would even go to see Hugh.
re: re: re: re: re: tim robbins - embedded
 Apr 27 2004, 07:39:04 AM
Here is a link to an article:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/85822.html

re: re: tim robbins - embedded
 Apr 26 2004, 07:37:36 AM
From Playbill.com:

"Academy Award ® Winner Tim Robbins ("Bull Durham", "The Shawshank Redemption", "Mystic River") joins the cast of Embedded thru May 22 only - now in it's third smash month!"

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Cheyenne Jackson
 Apr 25 2004, 07:22:41 PM
I have a friend who has known Cheyenne since before Broadway. I was supposed to meet him at a dinner last summer but signals got crossed....long story.....

Anyway, I've heard nothing but fantastic things about him.

re: re: Beth Fowler: A Real Lady On Stage -
 Apr 25 2004, 07:19:50 PM
Beth Fowler is AWESOME!!!!
Tim Robbins - Embedded
 Apr 25 2004, 07:18:17 PM
Anyone going to see Tim Robbins in Embedded? I really admire Tim's work and want to try and get in to see him. I am traveling so much with work that I am not sure I can make it. So, in case I cannot, I want to live vicariously through members of this board who DO get to see him. I want full reports!!!!
re: CHRIS SIEBER
 Apr 22 2004, 07:40:54 AM
He's also cute fully clothed.
re: re: re: re: re: re: Dirty Gossip: Chris Sieber and his lover!
 Apr 21 2004, 07:28:10 PM
That was great!!!!!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: SWEENEY TODD DVD out on 4/20
 Apr 20 2004, 03:53:48 PM
"Swing your razor wide, Sweeney!"

I'm gonna go out and buy it! Thanks for the "heads-up"!!

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Marc Kudisch goes bald!!!!!!!
 Apr 20 2004, 03:50:57 PM
I was under the impression he did it for his role in "Assassins".
re: Johnny Guitar
 Apr 18 2004, 07:55:17 PM
I saw the show (more than once) and loved it!! (I'm wearing my "Johnny Guitar" t-shirt today). The cast was great! Hopefully, by spreading the word to posters here and to friends/family at home, it may have a longer life.

Congrats to everyone involved in the show (past and present)!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You