News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Laurelei

Laurelei Profile Photo
Member Name: Laurelei
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ivanov at CSC
 Dec 5 2012, 08:55:30 PM
This is a long shot, but does anyone have a ticket they want to part with? It's sold out until Sunday and I'm desperate to see it... If you do, please PM me or send me an email at laure.ientale at gmail.com ?
THE HEIRESS Reviews
 Nov 5 2012, 07:39:26 PM
Here's mine, for what it's worth...

Anyone Seen Marin at 54 Below?
 Sep 7 2012, 10:03:44 AM
Absolutely loved it! Here's my (humble!) review :

http://broadwaydaydreams.blogspot.com/2012/09/marin-mazzie-at-54-below-im-believer.html

Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE
 Aug 19 2012, 11:23:55 AM
Thanks a lot for the infos, guys! I think I'll aim for 4.30.
 Aug 18 2012, 10:32:37 PM
Ok, seriously, no one has any update on the line post opening? You guys were on top of it during previews, and now nothing? I tried calling the Public but could never get someone on the phone.... Please, pretty please, can someone out there tell me if 4.30/5am is early enough to be sure to get tickets? I would be forever grateful!
 Aug 18 2012, 09:45:09 AM
Yes, I would also like to please! What has the line been like since opening night? Thanks in advance!
No virtual lottery Aug. 9
 Aug 10 2012, 10:51:28 AM
Curious to know how crazier the line gets now that it has opened? I'm arriving in NYC on Monday and hoping to see the show at least once before it closes, but not really willing to wait more than 10h/11h for it... :)
 Aug 7 2012, 01:53:39 PM
I'll be arriving in NY next Monday, so after opening night. On a week day, do you think it will still be safe to arrive in line around 3/4am, or will I need to camp out? I don't need to be first in line, I just want to be sure I get tickets.
The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
 Aug 3 2012, 08:17:23 AM
Any idea when this transfer is to take place? That is indeed awesome news.
The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
 Aug 3 2012, 08:16:39 AM
^^
Completely agree! Those lyrics just sum up the character of the Witch, I hated to think they had changed them!

Let's Fight About Elena Roger.
 Aug 2 2012, 06:42:28 AM
I haven't seen her in Evita, but I hated her with a Passion as Fosca at the Donmar. That being said, it's a question of personal taste (as with every performer!)
Cynthia Nixon Winning on Sunday
 Jun 7 2012, 10:11:47 AM
I love Cynthia Nixon, but her choices in the first part of the play didn't really do it for me, though she was terrific in the second part. I have to say, Nina Arianda totally blew me away (and I loved the play as well), and I'm also rooting for her.
Sondheim Survey
 Jun 6 2012, 09:01:48 AM
Three Favorite Shows:
Passion
Sweeney Todd
A little night music or the first act of Sunday

Least Favorite Show:
Pacific Overtures or the second act of Into The Woods

Three Favorite Songs:
I read
Finishing the hat
Now/Later/Soon or Happiness

And may I add 3 favourite ensemble songs:
Something just broke
Sunday
The Ballad of Sweeney Todd

I know, I'm cheating. Impossible to choose, really.

PASSION - wow.
 Jun 6 2012, 08:47:28 AM
Passion is one of my favourite shows by Sondheim, and the redemption brought by the arc of Fosca's character has touched me deeply everytime I've seen it or worked on the material. I must say I'm partial to Donna's interpretation of her, probably because she doesn't try to make the character likeable in any way, yet allows us to grow to love her, the same way Giorgio does. I've seen the Donmar production, and although I thought it was beautifully put together and almots perfect musically, I coul
Best BFA Musical Theater Programs
 Jun 6 2012, 05:16:37 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to get slightly off the subject of this thread (BFAs) but I was wondering if you guys had any thoughts about Circle in the Square Theater School? I'm starting there in the fall, in their MT program. I should say that I specifically chose their program because it's mainly an acting program. My main goal isn't to become a triple threat, but a good actress who sings and dances (I know their dance training is limited but I used to be a dancer). Thanks in advance f

Bernadette Peters or Donna Murphy?
 Jun 5 2012, 06:03:57 PM
Apples and oranges, but I have to go with Donna. Though Bernadette was my first "diva crush", Donna just touches me more. Plus, Passion changed my life.
NPH Trying To Get Play Performances Featured On The Tony Awards
 Jun 2 2012, 05:58:01 AM
Thank you so much for this! :)
Do we really need ANOTHER Into the Woods on Broadway...
 May 14 2012, 10:53:30 AM
"I'll take another Into the Woods over another Gypsy any day."

Yep, I second that!

Do we really need ANOTHER Into the Woods on Broadway...
 May 14 2012, 05:28:02 AM
Besides, the Regent's Park production is very different from any take on the show that might have been seen on Broadway... I'm personally curious to see how people will respond to it.
an audience-ism that annoys me.
 May 14 2012, 05:25:34 AM
Ooops, sorry, my mistake!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You