News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PositivelyEmerald

PositivelyEmerald Profile Photo
Member Name: PositivelyEmerald
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Please visit my Wicked the Musical gallery on Tumblr!

www.thewesternskies.tumblr.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Today Tix app  Apr 30 2014, 10:09:16 AM
Well you pick which section you want tos it in, I chose rear balcony and hats what I got. When you select a section it tells you what the last few customers who bought tix for that section got so you have a good idea of where you'll be.
Today Tix app  Apr 30 2014, 01:33:34 AM
I used them to see If/Then. Brilliant company. The customer service was awesome, and the whole process was so simple, and easy. Not to mention the prices are amazing. Definitely consider using them! I know I will in the future.
Bravo Ramin  Apr 27 2014, 01:33:00 PM
Tsao5:

When is saw If/Then I sat in the rear balcony and an usher actually did come up where we were sitting before the show and made a hilarious speech about turning things off. She got an applause immediately after.

Ciara Rene and Kyle Dean Massey in pippin  Apr 2 2014, 10:52:44 PM
Kyle Dean singing Corner of the Sky at a preview event ...

http://youtu.be/gMFkE94O940

Adele Dazeem the 21st Century Broadway Star  Mar 27 2014, 05:02:38 PM
^The same fans that held a candle light vigil after her injury. It' was all a little bit crazy.

I'm seeing if/then tonight, and I'm very excited to see her in it!

Recent luck with the Wicked cancellation line?  Mar 22 2014, 05:59:45 PM
^How much were those?
Recent luck with the Wicked cancellation line?  Mar 22 2014, 05:22:10 PM
I will be in the city this coming week, and was hoping to get last minute tickets to Wicked, two to be exact. Ticketmaster doesn't have any seats together for a reasonable price that night, so im hoping to try other ways of getting tickets. I've tried the lottery many times in NY and i've only won once. If worst comes to worst I can do that, but I was most interested in the cancellation line. For people that have used this method RECENTLY, how much luck have you had? What time did you arrive? (I
Favorite Final Moment of a Show?  Dec 28 2013, 05:38:39 PM
Scottsboro Boys. Hands down the most powerful moment I've seen.

The revival of evita was alsoo well done.

Donna Vivino leaving Wicked  Nov 1 2013, 12:01:07 PM
Former tour u/s Anna Eillensfeld said there was exciting news coming so I'll just guess it's her.
Wicked 10th Anniversary  Oct 22 2013, 03:16:14 PM
I don't know why but I really don't like the new logo. I hope it's not permanent but I would guess not.

^on the tunnel art the elphaba is Kerry Ellis and Glinda in Kendra Kassebaum.

New  Oct 1 2013, 01:49:08 AM
^It was similar yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w12kOtnQYNg&list=RD35ae8QYBNlm0o

I'm sorry I love this show, but that picture with the knife and the pie is just flat our ridiculous.

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2013-2014 Season  Oct 1 2013, 01:45:30 AM
Wicked's special 10th anniversary Playbill.

Odd or Interesting song translations  Sep 10 2013, 11:28:35 PM
Wicked Holland
Defying gravity
Translation: Ik Lach om Zwaaretekracht (I laugh at gravity)

Germany
Defying Gravity
Translation: Frei Und Schwerelos (Free and Weightless)

Rebecca,when directly translated from German to Rebecca sounds very strange at points in English.

How Is The Russian  Aug 15 2013, 08:19:02 PM
Just actually saw the show for the first time yesterday with Larisa. (Keep in mind I only have the movie to compare this to)I didn't really plan to see the show. I got a TKTS ticket 30 minutes before for the rear mezz. The orchestra was full I believe, but the mezz was mostly empty. The principles were good. Ensemble for the most part seemed quite bored. Larisa was the highlight of the show for me. She obviously has an accent and at some points it was hard to make out words here and there, but f
MATILDA Original Broadway Cast Recording coming in October...why?  Aug 15 2013, 08:03:08 PM
Just saw the show on Tuesday with Oona as Matilda. It is actually one of my favorite shows ive seen in a while. Having not read the book or seen the movie I was just enthralled with the story.I was actually just talking about this and i'm pleasantly surprised to see they're doing it. Bertie Carvel sounds very different in the way he speaks/ sings most of the lines in the show on broadway when compared to the London recording. Even though it may seem insignificant to some makes it worth it to me
Wicked Movie Casting  Aug 2 2013, 06:29:37 PM
I want Imelda Staunton to play Madame morrible.
REBECCA Looking at Broadway Bow in 2014  Jul 30 2013, 04:27:49 AM
A bit of news:

"The New York Daily News reports that Mark C. Hotton admitted today, July 29, to conning funds from Broadway's REBECCA THE MUSCIAL by fictionalizing millionaire investors. Hotton said the scam was part of a plan to keep $65,000 in finder's fees.

Hotton also pleaded guilty to a similar scheme with a Connecticut real estate firm, and will be tried tomorrow in Long Island in a money laundering conspiracy connected to Brooklyn's Maimonides Medical Center."

REBECCA Looking at Broadway Bow in 2014  Jul 25 2013, 10:50:46 PM
In interested to hear the translations for this. I speak German relatively well and I'm just trying to figure out how some of it would work in English.

I'd also just like to say how much I love German musicals...mainly Rebecca, but I enjoyed Elisabeth and Marie Antoinette.
The last two seem like they would only work in Europe to me though. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

REBECCA Looking at Broadway Bow in 2014  Jul 25 2013, 04:22:44 PM
^Susan Rigava Dumas was amazing in that show. Pia Douwes was just as good. If it weren't Karen I'd love to see Pia come and do it here. She has a perfect American/English and her vocals are stellar. Based on what she did in Stuggart, if even venture to say shed have a shot a tony nomination.
10th Annual NYMF Thread  Jul 25 2013, 01:12:39 AM
Really wish I could see Save the Date. Anyone planning on seeing it? If so, i'd love to here about it. A friend is in it. =)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You