News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MattDean

MattDean Profile Photo
Member Name: MattDean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RENT Live on Fox
 Jan 25 2019, 03:12:23 PM

Pashacar said: "MattDean said: "Hello!

Does anyone have any idea how I could watch this in the UK?

Thanks!

"

You'll need to 1)trick your internet browser into thinking you're in the US (look for articles online; it may take some troubleshooting but it's doable), and 2) visithttps://www.fox.com/live/. It may be just streaming on there, but you may needacable login (in which case, you should ask an American friend).
"

Okay, thanks! :) 

RENT Live on Fox
 Jan 25 2019, 01:33:04 AM
Hello!

Does anyone have any idea how I could watch this in the UK?

Thanks!

Gypsy BBC broadcast date!
 Dec 21 2015, 04:13:28 AM

'Gypsy: Live from the Savoy Theatre' will be broadcast at 9pm on Sunday 27th December, on BBC Four HD.  The following programme begins at 11.20pm so that gives it an approximate run time of 2hrs20mins. 

Apologies if this information has been already posted elsewhere. 

Most Boring Musicals
 Nov 4 2014, 02:04:07 PM
Does a DVD 'live version' of a show count?

If so, and I'm probably the only one here that thinks this, I'll nominate Sondheim's Passion.

Only ever seen just over half of the DVD - thought it was dull, dreary, whiny and dreadful!

I may have posted about it before on this site - sorry to any Sondheim fans...believe it or not I AM a fan, too!

Best Cast Recording of A Little Night Music?
 Oct 18 2014, 05:08:40 AM
At the time there were all sorts of rumours about Sondheim disliking aspects of the RNT production. I remember enquiring about a cast recording when I saw the show and was told, by the theatre shop staff, that a recording had been made but for some reason Sondheim was holding everything up as he didn't like it! I was told that if it was released it would probably be an 'in-house' exclusive. I believe it did become an exclusive when it was made available for sale but was then given a limited re
Best Cast Recording of A Little Night Music?
 Oct 15 2014, 04:13:32 PM
I was lucky enough to see the Dench production - what a show!

Anyway, I remember either watching a documentary around the time, or possibly reading somewhere, that Sondheim said Judi's 'angry' rendition was true to his original intentions. He said SITC was often misinterpreted as a 'sad' love song but it was meant to be bitter, angry and full of regret.

Musicals that could be animated...
 Dec 27 2013, 07:26:27 AM
Starlight Express and Cats.

Priscilla UK tour
 Sep 4 2013, 12:35:26 PM
I saw this a few months ago with Jason Donavon reprising his lead role. Apart from the main supporting cast (who in all fairness did their best), the whole production, which I hadn't seen before, seemed lacklustre and tired. I sat on the front row and the shoddy sets, broken and breaking props and mishaps were too obvious! Donavon was simply walking through his role and his singing (sorry Jason fans!) was nothing short of dire! It seemed the rest of the cast had to work twice as hard to lift
Best Play to Film Adaptations
 Aug 30 2013, 05:52:15 AM
On Golden Pond.
The diary of Anne Frank.
The Rise and Fall of Little Voice.
The Woman in Black (Not sure this one counts as it is based on the book that then became the play...I think!)

iPad not opening BW - help?
 Aug 17 2013, 08:06:34 AM
After re-starting it works!

How simple...now why didn't I think of doing that?

THANKS!

Aug 17 2013, 08:03:37 AM
Thanks for the replies!

I have tried exiting the browser but not restarted the pad - I'll try that now..

Aug 17 2013, 07:34:52 AM
Hello there!

For some reason I can no longer access BW on my iPad - when I select it from my Bookmarks list I get a message saying 'Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred.' It's been like this for a couple of days now. I've cleared my data cache...

Anyone got any tips?

Matt

BTW I'm using my laptop to send this message!

PR: A Little Night Music (film soundtrack)
 Aug 9 2013, 05:57:18 PM
No offence taken.

Ideally I'd like a copy of the original M-O-D release, so if anyone is able to obtain a copy for me please get in touch! I can send money via Paypal.

I'm probably displaying complete ignorance but I don't believe the download will be available in the UK - certainly not for some time. As for ArkivMusic, who are they? Do they ship to UK customers?

Maybe I need to do some research.

Thanks anyway,

Matt.

PR: A Little Night Music (film soundtrack)
 Aug 9 2013, 10:31:35 AM
As I live in the UK, I am unable to order the M-O-D original pressing of this CD. As a Sondheim fan, can anyone help me, please?

Matt

On A Clear Day Movie Sheet Music
 Jul 24 2013, 03:18:59 PM
Thanks for the help!

I'll have a look at both sites - hopefully they are UK friendly!

Matt:)

On A Clear Day Movie Sheet Music
 Jul 24 2013, 08:16:00 AM
Hello everyone!

Was wondering if anyone can offer me any help...

I've been searching for the sheet music book to the Film version of On A Clear Day You Can See Forever. I believe there was a sheet music book produced but can't seem to find it anywhere - I've searched Amazon (UK&US) and ebay (UK&US) but have found nothing. I've looked at various music suppliers and tried general searches but have only found the Broadway score book or the sheet music for the main theme from the

re: Xanadu and Young frankenstin sheet music?
 Feb 6 2013, 01:21:56 PM
Hello there!

I've no idea how old this thread is but it was listed in Google when I was searching for Xanadu sheet music. I'm also looking for a number of songs - most notably the ballads from the film/ show and in particular, Suspended in Time. If there is anyone that could help, please get in touch! I live in the UK and there's no sign of Xanadu sheet music on eBay or Amazon here

Fingers crossed, it's worth a try!

Matt:)

Les Miserables soundtrack album for release on 12/24/12
 Nov 17 2012, 11:06:14 AM
At the moment, from what I've seen of film, and to be fair I've only seen the trailers and other footage available, I can't say I'm that excited about listening to the soundtrack. It seems the way the film has been made that the songs may well work in action (vocals recorded live, some speak-singy, not all the classics belted or as 'strong' as we've come to know them, songs more 'character-driven') but taken out of that context and simply listened to, would they really stand up alone?
<

Was Shirley Bassey ever in a musical?
 Nov 17 2012, 07:08:53 AM
According to a recent, excellent, BBC drama about her early career, she was very nearly cast as Nancy in the film, Oliver! At the time, she had released the song As Long As He Needs Me and it was a major hit in the UK. Shirley's manager was in talks with the film studio, who were seriously considering her for the part. Unfortunately for Shirley, the studio deliberated over casting her and eventually backed away as they thought the public would not accept a 'black' Nancy. Once they made their d
On-Stage Accidents?
 May 6 2012, 03:04:53 PM
During a performance of Elaine Paige's run in Sunset Blvd, London, she slipped and had to grab hold of the back drop to break her fall. She laughed (a lot!) and then continued to sing through her laughter - as did whoever played Joe. Very amusing:)

During a performance of the short run of Always (if that's what it was called, the Edward & Mrs Simpson musical) a dancing butler, who was part of a chorus line doing a Charleston around the orchestra pit, fell flat on his rear and dropped

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You