News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sam_n

Member Name: sam_n
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Moments You Love in Cast Recordings
 Aug 21 2011, 03:44:26 PM
Most of "The Music That Makes Me Dance" on the "Funny Girl" OBCR, but especially the opening verse.

The cello in "Later" on the "A Little Night Music" OBCR

Karen Akers' heartbreaking "My Husband Makes Movies"

re: Cast albums that were recorded but never released
 Aug 21 2011, 07:35:48 AM
I'm still hoping that the complete recording of "One Touch of Venus" does get released someday. It's a shame that the only available recording of this score is the truncated Mary Martin version. Have any of the Sadler's Wells productions in London ever had a cast recording? I wish they had recorded the cast of the Sadler's Wells production back in 2005.
Sondheim vs. Porgy & Bess - YIKES!
 Aug 14 2011, 06:50:30 AM
Come now, best12bars. "Soliloquy" will have to be completely rewritten first in order to make it more palatable to a modern audience. All that sexist stuff about wanting a son will be replaced by lyrics that stress female empowerment. Think of it as "Carousel" for the "Wicked" generation.

Woman of the Year
 Aug 8 2011, 02:52:44 PM
Are there any plans to reissue the OBC of "Woman of the Year" on CD? My faithful LP died on me last week, and while I love the score, I can't afford to shell out $50+ for a single CD. I know that the album was issued on CD twice, first by Bay Cities and then by Razor & Tie. Have there been any other scores issued on these labels that were eventually picked up by something like Broadway Masterworks?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You