News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Samanthacq

Samanthacq Profile Photo
Member Name: Samanthacq
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Discounts  Feb 4 2022, 01:06:12 PM

Any code for The Chinese Lady at the public theater? 

The Official TDF Thread  Dec 2 2021, 09:47:56 AM

kmissa said: "Company tickets for tonight were Orch Right M 24-26."

May I ask when you bought your Company tickets on TDF? I have been checking TDF daily hoping to see Company popping up, so disappointed to know that i missed it.

The Public's THE VISITOR - Previews  Oct 14 2021, 02:18:56 PM

Just got a email from the pubic saying the performance tomorrow (and tonight) is cancelled. They were still not able to complete the rehearsal even after proposing it once...

Hadestown cast replacements  Mar 6 2020, 09:57:45 AM

Amber Gray has been casted in an Amazon movie. So i guess it means she is indeed leaving. 

https://deadline.com/2020/03/master-zoe-renee-amber-gray-regina-hall-amazon-studios-1202875269/

My Name is Lucy Barton - previews  Jan 6 2020, 03:05:49 PM

HBBrock said: "Seeing this tonight (won the TodayTix rush)."

Could you please share here the rush seat location once you get the ticket? Thanks!

Alice Ripley to star in NYC production of  Dec 17 2019, 02:40:14 PM

Anyone know the running time of this show? Thanks.

Alice Ripley to star in NYC production of "Baby"  Dec 10 2019, 02:59:27 PM

To anyone who has seen this production, how much do you miss in the partial view seats? 

COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater  Aug 30 2019, 09:43:05 AM

As a woman, I think Katrina Lenk can pass for a 35 years old no problem. She looks even better, dare I say, than some of other names mentioned on this board before. If we are so strict with age, then even Rosalie shouldn't be playing Bobbie. How dare she playing a character who is 3 years younger than her own age!

As for a big name, I'm sure there are actors out there who can both sell tickets and play the role, but it's not like the producers haven't been going after t

Annie Salem: An American Tale  Jul 6 2019, 04:25:10 PM

Has anyone seen this last night or today? 

I have a ticket for tomorrow, but not sure if I want to make a trip to Vassar, especially if the show is just so so...

Jason Robert Brown/Stephen Sondheim 6/24  Jun 22 2019, 09:40:27 AM
Is there a chance for this to be on TDF on Monday?
Jason Robert Brown/Stephen Sondheim 6/24  Jun 22 2019, 07:52:50 AM
The balcony seats are now more expensive than Orch ones. What are they thinking??
Tony voting  Jun 2 2019, 09:07:45 AM
I know it’s live theater. What i’m say is, if she knew the number of voters who were going to be there and still choose to be out, then either she or the production didn’t think it will affect her chance, or there was no way she can perform so she decided to take the risk.
Tony voting  Jun 2 2019, 07:03:14 AM
Would the show know how many tony voters are attending a performance? Hard to imagine Amber Gray knew there will be 50 voters there on Saturday but still choose to be out (unless she is really sick).
When do single tickets for THE SIX & MOBY DICK go on sale at ART?  May 31 2019, 11:06:26 AM

Does anyone know if I become a member ($50 level), how many tickets can I buy for a show? Considering become a member to buy the moby dick ticket for me and my friend. 

Thanks!

The Official TDF Thread  May 17 2019, 02:30:00 PM

I saw Burn This last Saturday matinee, row C mezz last one on the right side.

Rape?  May 9 2019, 03:15:24 PM

Speed said: "Haven’t seen this production yet, but how is it “a prologue to rape”? They’ve already had sex before the play starts. I love love love the movie which is completely different than play. Completely different. Nathan Lane is great in it. It’s when I fell in love with him."

Having sex once doesn't give consent to having more sex. I didn't exactly call it rape because she did give consent in the end, but I'

Continuity Previews  May 9 2019, 11:02:11 AM

I'm going tomorrow. Not sure what to expect, but very excited! 

FRANKIE AND JOHNNY Previews  May 8 2019, 10:12:44 AM

I was at last night performance. I have to say, I was really uncomfortable through out the first act. A lot of unpleasant memory of my life flashed back. 

I can see this story is supposed to be about two people who are so different but somehow find connections despite of their difference. But I cannot call those behavior in Act 1 different personalities. A naked man wandering around in a women's apartment, even though she has hinted then made clear dozens of time she

Hadestown Reviews  Apr 17 2019, 10:19:14 PM

Mediamaven2 said: "Samanthacq said: "Really wonder why Ben Brantley didn’t review it, especially since he was there. Maybe he didn’t enjoy it?"

I'm no expert but I would just assume that as 'chief" theater critics at NYT, they both see everything, literally. I also know that the last few reviews I've read in the NYT - today's Burn This, and last week Oklahoma, and shortly before that King Lear - were by Brantley. So maybe

Hadestown Reviews  Apr 17 2019, 10:04:22 PM
Really wonder why Ben Brantley didn’t review it, especially since he was there. Maybe he didn’t enjoy it?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You