News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NYCBound91

NYCBound91 Profile Photo
Member Name: NYCBound91
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Carly Rae Jepsen's replacement
 May 22 2014, 04:34:24 PM
I'm excited to see these actresses step into the show! I wonder, though, if they'll put the score back to the original arrangements/keys that Laura sang. I hope so, since I'm sure Paige would be fully capable of singing the original harmonies.
A New Cinderella
 Feb 5 2014, 11:07:22 PM
I'm honestly very disappointed. All of her pop stylization aside, I'm mostly disappointed in the fact that they had to transpose almost all of her songs. In My Own Little Corner is lower as well as Do I Love You and Loneliness of Evening, and they changed the harmonies on both of those duets, presumably because Carly couldn't sustain the original ones. The arrangements and orchestrations are one of my favorite parts of the production, so I'm sad that they weren't preserved after the cast change.
Who is replacing Carly Rae Jepsen after her run?
 Jan 31 2014, 09:46:18 PM
Not sure about her replacement, but I would not anticipate Carly extending her run. She said in an interview (can't remember exactly which one) that she's in the process of writing the songs for her new album, so as soon as her run in Cinderella is over she's planning on putting all of her time into producing that.
Osnes, Fontana, Harris, Mendelle, Hildreth last Cinderella performances
 Jan 26 2014, 08:21:24 PM
I was at the show today. Wonderful performances all around (as usual), and a very nice speech from Vicki Clark after curtain call. The swings brought out flowers for the principals leaving, which I thought was nice. I'm grateful to have been at such a special performance and can't wait to see everyone's future projects!
2014-2015 Announced National Tours Seasons
 Jan 22 2014, 09:41:23 PM
Broadway in Chicago's Season as announced so far:

Ghost (currently playing)
Motown
Riverdance
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Peter and the Starcatcher
The Last Ship (Pre-Broadway tryout)
The Wizard of Oz
Rock of Ages
Chicago
Mamma Mia
Buyer and Cellar
Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella (month-long run to start the tour)

A New Cinderella
 Jan 22 2014, 09:35:38 PM
disneybroadwayfan22- it's definitely still worth it to see the Broadway production even if you're disappointed about missing Laura and Santino. I'm sure Carly will be fine, but if you really don't want to see her in the role, remember that next week is a filler week before she and Fran come in, so you could go then and see the understudies, who are fantastic and will definitely do the material justice. I'm assuming Alessa Neeck and Jessica Hershberg will be alternating as Ella that week.
A New Cinderella
 Jan 20 2014, 11:15:06 AM
I went to GMA this morning to check out her performance and it turned out that she didn't sing after all, just did the interview and pre-taped backstage segment. As far as I could tell, anyway.
Summer Pre-College Musical Theatre Intensive?
 Jan 15 2014, 10:53:43 PM
I had to travel to NY, and the one downside was that Cap doesn't offer housing, but there are other universities (including NYU) that have dorm housing that's open to outside students, so that's what I did. I happened to live in one of the residence halls for SVA (the school for visual arts). I know there were people in my summer program who were placed together in NYU housing, though. If you have any other questions about the program feel free to send me a message!
Summer Pre-College Musical Theatre Intensive?
 Jan 15 2014, 10:32:09 PM
I did a few different theatre intensives throughout high school and college and can tell you unequivocally that Cap21 is worth the money. I believe they do offer scholarships for their summer programs (I know they do for their other programs, so I think it's the same with the pre-college). I did their summer professional program and it absolutely changed my perspective on the industry. I loved it so much that I decided to do their two year program as well, and it's the best decision I ever made
A New Cinderella
 Dec 29 2013, 09:54:52 PM
I think that was a very appropriate and necessary response on her part, since people have gone downright crazy with all of the hate floating around. As much as I'm disappointed in the situation, there's no reason to send hate to Carly over it. How could you blame the girl for taking an opportunity like this? I honestly feel bad for all of the crazy messages Laura is getting because of this. It's one thing to rationally discuss the casting and have reasons to back up your opinion, but it's the pe
A New Cinderella
 Dec 29 2013, 07:26:42 PM
I just wish they'd been smarter about their stunt casting to avoid this huge backlash from theatre fans. A wiser decision would have been to cast someone who could draw both tourists/a general demographic as well as appease theatre fans. Someone like Anna Kendrick, who we at least know has MT experience, or even Kristen Bell, who would have brought in the Frozen fanbase (especially since Santino was also in the movie), but still has an MT degree.

A New Cinderella
 Dec 29 2013, 06:01:11 PM
I've never been more disappointed. This is going to turn an exquisite show into a joke, and trivialize the beautiful work that the current cast is doing. This show reminded me why I love musical theatre, and I guarantee it will no longer have that effect once Jepsen steps into the role.

Rude Patron Story At Cinderella
 Oct 8 2013, 10:50:39 PM
I was in the audience for this performance and was absolutely enraged by this guy. So disrespectful to the performers giving 100% on stage. Props to them for staying so focused while he was yelling at everyone, especially during the most dramatic moment of the show. I felt bad for his daughter, too- she didn't look older than 3 or 4 and probably had no idea what was going on. Whether this particular guy has a more serious problem going on I don't know, but I do know that the group of small child
Rebecca Luker Joins CINDERELLA tonight!
 Sep 8 2013, 08:52:31 PM
I saw the show last night, and Rebecca was flawless. She put her own spin on the role that was a little different than Vicki Clark's, and of course her singing was beautiful. Her voice also blends very well with Laura's in their duet moments. I think she fit in perfectly with this cast. As a bonus, she was also one of the nicest people I've ever met at the stage door. Very gracious and humble, and took the time to thank each person for coming.
Holiday Rush
 Dec 17 2011, 03:40:49 PM
I'm thinking of rushing a show tomorrow- any idea whether it will be more or less crowded since most college semesters are over now and it's a weekend? I'll go earlier if necessary, but if I can avoid standing outside for an extra hour I'd love to do that.
LYSISTRATA JONES Reviews
 Dec 17 2011, 02:43:47 PM
I saw on one of the cast member's twitter accounts the other day that they're hoping to do a cast recording, but it sort of depends on how well they sell tickets. So hopefully, enough people go to the show in order to get it recorded.
LYSISTRATA cast recording?
 Dec 16 2011, 10:06:15 PM
When I asked about it, I was told it was in the works, so ideally they'll be recording one soon.
LYSISTRATA JONES Reviews
 Dec 16 2011, 10:02:51 PM
To balance out some of the negativity in this thread, I just want to say that I loved this show. If you go in expecting the next complex, thought-provoking piece of moving theatre, then of course you won't get that with this show. But it's hilarious (lots of laughs in the house each time I've gone), some of the songs are very catchy, the dancing is great, and overall the cast is working with so much energy to deliver a good performance. Everyone is talented, Patti Murin is a star, and if you go
LYSISTRATA JONES -- 1st Preview TOMORROW!
 Dec 6 2011, 09:15:10 PM
For those of you who have rushed this show recently, if I were to arrive tomorrow at 9:00, do you think I'd have a good shot at getting one ticket for the matinee and one for the evening? It doesn't sound like I'd have to get there much earlier.
General Rush Ticket Question
 Dec 2 2011, 01:21:56 AM
Thanks very much! I'm going to be attending the matinee since I have a show at night, but I wanted to get a ticket for the evening show for a friend who works during the dy, so if I can do that, it will work out well! :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You