News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LW2

Member Name: LW2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
 Feb 7 2024, 12:35:38 PM

Ah, wonderful!  Thanks so much for the help!

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
 Feb 7 2024, 11:06:41 AM

I’m thinking of trying to squeeze this in on a Saturday between two other shows.  I’m not very familiar with the area that the Lortel is in and I’ve not been to the city in many years, so before I book:  if this show gets out at 6:30ish, how stressed or pressed for time willl I be trying to to get to Lincoln Center via subway for an 8:00 show?  Annoying question but thanks in advance!

I regret not seeing...
 Nov 8 2020, 12:51:24 PM
I don’t live anywhere near NYC, so I can’t regret seeing shows that weren’t going to be possible for me to see. However, my biggest regret for something that I DID have control over was deliberately choosing in 2001 to see The Music Man over Annie Get Your Gun with Reba. Young idiot that I was, I rolled my eyes at the idea of a country singer headlining a Broadway show. I wish I had that to do over!!
The Heiress - 1995
 Jun 8 2020, 02:18:28 PM
Is there anyone here who saw this revival with Cherry Jones? Everything I read gives it the highest praise but I cant find many specifics telling what exactly made this revival so spectacular. Can anyone offer any insight? Thanks!
Chicago Revival 20 Years: Favorite Replacements
 Nov 22 2016, 06:53:20 PM

Sandy Duncan as Roxie

Favorite Sondheim Show?
 Oct 6 2016, 10:49:59 PM

Was just discussing this with a friend the other day.  It's a nearly impossible question!

Sweeney is his greatest score.  

Sunday devastates me emotionally and Finishing the Hat is maybe the greatest song he ever wrote.

Assassins holds a very special place in my heart.  

Night Music is basically perfect and has the best Act 1 finale of any show ever.  

Into the Woods is pure joy. 

Follies is beautifully flawe

Fool for Love or Curious Incident, or...
 Sep 22 2015, 02:33:28 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I'm going to try to work it out to see both. Seeing Hamilton tomorrow and saw Spring Awakening last night and was looking for a play that would deliver a good story with riveting performances. 

Fool for Love or Curious Incident, or...
 Sep 22 2015, 02:06:43 AM

Looking for a play to see while I'm in town and may have only one available slot. Any suggestions?  Fool for Love seems to be getting very mixed reviews here but I recall really liking it when I read it years ago.  Does Curious Incident live up to the hype, and is it worth seeing without Alex sharp?  Enjoyed the book a great deal.  Is there something off-broadway that should not be missed?

THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today
 Jul 1 2015, 01:24:41 AM

After hearing the, ahem, official recording, I'm truly surprised that more was not made of John Riddle's performance.  I have no idea what he was actually like in the show, but his vocals are stunning.  Quite the instrument that man has.  

Godspell 2000 Off-Broadway
 Jun 13 2015, 01:38:02 AM

Indeed I did.  Her "Bless The Lord" is my favorite track on that recording.  A great vocal performance. 

Godspell 2000 Off-Broadway
 Jun 12 2015, 08:06:18 PM

Did anyone see this production?  Memories of it, thoughts on it?  I've been listening to the cast recording a bit lately, but can't seem to find much about the production.  I'm interested in knowing how it was staged, what the "take" on it was, etc.  

Great cast, though, some of which have ended up going on to pretty decent things:  Barrett Foa, Capathia Jenkins, Chad Kimball, Leslie Kritzer.  

Thanks!

Best Live Performances You've Ever Seen
 Jun 2 2015, 05:03:34 AM

Vanessa Redgrave--Long Day's Journey Into Night

Mercedes Ruehl & Bill Pullman--The Goat or Who is Sylvia

Danny Burstein--Follies

Katie Finneran--Noises Off

1943 Production of OKLAHOMA! replicated at North Carolina School of the Art
 Mar 9 2013, 02:03:08 PM
I'd love to see this as well, if anyone could be so kind....
Godspell - First Preview Tonight
 Oct 19 2011, 02:44:18 PM
This post started life as a private message to HeyMrMusic, but the more I wrote, I felt a need to just post it here.

I am a huge fan of Godspell, have seen umpteen productions and played Jesus twice and am in general just nuts for the show. I saw it last night expecting a train wreck based on these boards and had a blast as well. Sure, there were some things that I didnt like or felt didnt work (Shake Weights was back in), some things were hokey and silly, but that IS Godspell, no? H

Favorite Finales?
 Oct 10 2011, 01:35:31 AM
Hi...
Girls...
Ben...
Sally...

re: Did Elaine Stritch ever play Vera in 'Mame' on Broadway?
 Oct 9 2011, 01:21:05 AM
ditto, CPD. Ditto big time
Gary Griffin's Follies
 Oct 5 2011, 01:21:04 AM
Thanks for posting photos. Ms. O'Connor, at least in that photo, reminds me of Bebe Neuwirth, and dear sweet baby Jesus, Brent Barrett is a gorgeous GORGEOUS man. Be still my loins.
Follies...Past and Present, Questions and Thoughts (LOOONG)
 Sep 29 2011, 01:55:19 AM
LOL, PalJoey. Sorry. Too much? Too scattered? I've long been a fan of the show, but after seeing this production, especially the second viewing (the third was almost a letdown, except for Paige's power outage-inducing I'm Still Here), I've become incredibly fascinated to a ridiculous degree.

Yes, CPD. "Wonderfully strange" is exactly how I'd describe Elias's performance and the moment of that song. Maybe it is Young Heidi finally ceasing her restlessness and connecting. Maybe i

Follies...Past and Present, Questions and Thoughts (LOOONG)
 Sep 29 2011, 01:15:44 AM
Yes, one more post about Follies, if you can stand it.

I've seen the current revival thrice and have been devouring all things Follies since. I have a hard time walking past the Marquis or the TKTS booth and not purchasing a ticket. I've seen the Roundabout revival and "seen" the Papermill revival, listen to all official recordings as well as any unofficial recordings that I can get my hands on, and I read all posts here and commentaries, etc on the show and have read "Everything Was

Photo Flash: Douglas Sills & Sara Gettelfinger in THE ADDAMS FAMILY Tour - First Production Shot!
 Sep 20 2011, 09:15:32 PM
I thought the same thing, Patty O.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You