News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JemimaPearl

JemimaPearl Profile Photo
Member Name: JemimaPearl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Your favorite flop?
 Feb 6 2007, 08:50:46 PM
Starlight Express and Lestat

re: Little Mermaid: The Roller Skating Extravaganza?
 Jan 23 2007, 03:27:17 PM
Between Xanadu, Little Mermaid, and Starlight, I'm actually thinking Starlight Express is the best of the three.
re: Your top 5 Broadway songs NOW
 Jan 23 2007, 03:23:13 PM
not in any particular order:

Wheres the Girl- Scarlet Pimpernel
Not Me- Aida
Sing- A Chorus Line
I Still Believe- Miss Saigon
For the First Time- Tarzan

re: MOST OVERRATED AND UNDERRATED BROADWAY STARS
 Dec 27 2006, 07:19:55 PM
Merle Dandridge deserves way more credit than she gets. Her voice is just beautiful. She moved my Broadway-hating dad to tears and that's while she's playing a freakin' gorilla. That's acting talent.
Also, Chester Gregory. He has an amazing singing voice. Even when he's UPSIDE DOWN!!!!
(Can ya tell I just saw Tarzan?)

re: Will Pocahontas ever become a broadway musical?
 Dec 27 2006, 07:17:09 PM
Although I wish it would come to Broadway, I can't see that happening too soon. The plot of Aida is very similar to that of Pocahontas, and Aida closed only two years ago, and is still touring.

re: Beauty and the Beast or The Lion King?
 Dec 27 2006, 07:13:36 PM
Well, I just saw Tarzan, and I honestly have no clue what critics were talking about. It was terrific. But, if it's between Lion King and Beauty, I say Beauty and the Beast. Lion King costumes/puppets are a gimmick. The music of Beauty is much better, plus John Tartaglia is in it. Funniest actor I have ever seen.

re: We Will Rock You on Broadway
 Nov 27 2006, 03:47:16 PM
I,m also hoping, but doubtful that WWRY will come to NY. Does anyone think that maybe a tour or another production (like Atlantic City, or something of the like) is possible?
re: Opinions needed
 Nov 22 2006, 01:31:32 PM
Chorus Line, no question!
re: Redeeming qualities in ACL film?
 Nov 10 2006, 05:39:45 PM
Two Words: Terrence Mann
re: What Show?
 Nov 10 2006, 05:35:13 PM
PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!There is nothing like it.
re: What is the most innovative, genre-bending broadway musical?
 Nov 10 2006, 05:31:03 PM
I agree w/ Starlight Express. Even thought it was not a huge success on broadway, it's near impossible to say it is not innovative. Also, A Chorus Line. It isn't based on any book, play, or opera. It's based on interviews with real people. If that's not innovative, I don't what is.

re: Little Mermaid Casting Rumors From LaughingPlace.com
 Nov 7 2006, 04:14:59 PM
I know Seth Rudetsky (host of Broadway channel on Sirius) at least auditioned to play one of the eels, I think it was.
re: If you could play ONE role on Broadway...
 Nov 2 2006, 08:19:36 PM
Musical- Jennyanydots in "Cats" I've grown up on that show and I'm a tapper. What can I say?
Play- Blanche DuBoise in "A Streetcar Named Desire." I did a scene from it for my theater class last year. The writing and Characterization of Blanche is really increadible. It's a tough role to play, though.

re: characters you hate to love or love to hate
 Sep 25 2006, 06:48:54 AM
Chauvelin from Scarlet Pimpernel. When he sings "Where's the Girl?" He is amazing, even if he is trying to destroy everything Percy wants, including Margurite, peace, justice in the world...
re: Best Broadway Lyric?
 Sep 13 2006, 05:46:57 PM
"See the moon slink down in the sky, darling
Let your fantasies fly, darling
Life is cold, and the game is old
Just see how virtue repays you
You turn and someone betrays you
Betray him first
And the game's reversed!"
and pretty much the rest of The Riddle from the Scarlet Pimpernel, but these lines just plain ROCK!!!

re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
 Sep 11 2006, 05:09:35 PM
the entire catfight scene in wicked. It's absolutely priceless.
re: If you could have been there in the past, what performers/performances
 Aug 21 2006, 06:29:20 PM
Gwen Verdon, Chita Rivera, and Jerry Orbach in Original Chicago. Jerry Orbach in The Fantastiks. Also, Timothy Scott in Cats. He was supposedly beyond amazing.
re: Casting by Race
 Aug 3 2006, 09:14:14 AM
I do not agree with you by any means, RightAmerica. I simply feel there are some shows that cannot be colorblind casted. If a show can be colorblind casted, it should be.
 Aug 2 2006, 09:58:59 PM
It's not so much the country of oigin or the religeon that is necessary to the show, but the characters do have to be believeably Russian and Jewish (not actually Russian or Jewish). I was simply speaking about the characters, not the actors. if anyone sees the the movie Campthere is a scene that shows this as an example of how colorblind casting can only go so far (it gets worse in the movie too. A white girl in Dreamgirls) I'm sorry if this has offended anyone, but this thread makes it difficu
 Aug 2 2006, 09:48:05 PM
Well, I really don't want to sound rude, but that's musical theater. Characters sing their thoughts. It's not just Fiddler. And as for the gossiping, if they were at all like my grandparents (and my family is Russian and Jewish, and left for the same reason and at the same time as the characters in Fiddler)then, yes. They did spend a lot of time gossiping. The writers of Fiddler were not coming up with the characterization from nowhere.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You