News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Grand Motel

Grand Motel Profile Photo
Member Name: Grand Motel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Craig Bierko drops out of TO BE OR NOT TO BE
 Aug 26 2008, 08:38:53 PM
Maybe, just maybe it's the whole actor, turned choreographer, turned director trend that's got these guys running for the hills.
re: My thoughts on A Tale Of Two Cities
 Aug 21 2008, 07:22:33 PM
Why attack someone for not putting ridiculous all-caps SPOILER alerts? How about if you really care about specific details of a show you haven't seen that you just not read anything? That way you can have your OWN experience.
re: A Tale of Two Cities First Preview
 Aug 20 2008, 11:01:15 AM
Preview audiences are not the best measure for how an actual audience will react and I think we're all aware of that. I agree Winston with your comparison to "On My Own" but I felt the score did have alot of pop influences for what is technically a legit period piece and "Out of Sight" almost felt out of place.
re: A Tale of Two Cities First Preview
 Aug 20 2008, 09:32:01 AM
I had a different take and was not going to do any sort of review till they got their feet a bit more wet but then I remembered this show has been kicking around for long enough for all the kinks to have been *more* worked out by now.

I don't feel a need to review the actual story, we here pretty much know how it goes but I did feel it was (sin of all sins) BORING. The cast was fine, Aaron Lazar did what he could with his underwritten role but it's simply not my cup of tea. It's a big

re: rOcKS checks up on 'LEGALLY BLONDE'
 Aug 10 2008, 10:56:13 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "new people" Allofmylife but every single time I've seen the show, there are people either taking pics or taping the show, so it's not about new cast members, if that's what you meant.
re: Orfeh to Release Solo Album, 'What Do You Want From Me', September 30th
 Aug 8 2008, 10:08:32 AM
Perfect, can't wait to hear this.
re: Bailey - and just be analytical
 Aug 5 2008, 05:31:03 PM
I'm sure I'm the last person you want to hear from allmylife but are you suddenly going to go off a YOU TUBE clip? I suggest you see for yourself and not worry too much about the lack of "twirl". Bailey is much younger and less experienced than Bundy but she's already giving (IMO) a more nuanced performance. Is she incredible, no, not yet but she's off to a surprisingly decent start.

To the person who said the note was a whole step lower, the key to "the hardest song ever to be sung o

Bailey as Elle: One Week Later...
 Aug 1 2008, 09:06:26 AM
Ven Daniel's knocked Orfeh off her feet in bend & Snap but it was during the evening show and Spellrent777, tell us what you really think.

re: Bailey's first without the 6 pages ragging on her Bio...
 Jul 31 2008, 10:03:14 AM
I saw the show last night. I was surprised by how much I liked Bailey. Her singing voice is a bit off and she gets very shrill at times but it's forgivable because she's surprisingly pleasant to watch. She's a sharp dancer and not all over the place which I always felt Bundy was. She does look considerably younger than the rest of the cast especially in relation to Borle but it wasn't something I couldn't get past. I also agree her scenes with Orfeh were some of her best moments in the show by
re: McAnuff to Direct Guys and Dolls for Spring 09
 Jul 29 2008, 05:58:37 PM
Allmylife, I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for you more than anything else. I hope *you're* sharing in the profits for Blonde otherwise there is no explanation for your obsessive championing. Let the name calling begin.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/27
 Jul 28 2008, 06:38:37 PM
Was there a need for name calling Allmylife? I'm sorry I don't share your obsession for the mediocrity that has been Blonde and the many elements you staunchly support about it but I support your enthusiasm and would never resort to calling you a twit. On the other hand, reality is, the show was doing very poorly up until very recently and has had , much like every other show, a nice summer time bump. You also need to state the plain fact that it has been heavily discounted for a long time now.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/27
 Jul 28 2008, 03:58:18 PM
So all the reality show hype did little for Legally Blonde's grosses. It actually went down a teeny bit.
re: Nikki Snelson no longer attached to The CW's VALENTINE
 Jul 24 2008, 02:38:18 PM
NjRae, you might want to sit this one out.
re: Bailey's first without the 6 pages ragging on her Bio...
 Jul 24 2008, 09:42:59 AM
Thanks you, that other thread is ridiculous even for this board.
re: Nikki Snelson no longer attached to The CW's VALENTINE
 Jul 24 2008, 09:03:14 AM
As sad as this is for her, the one way she could have avoided all of this and the ass raped feeling, is if she simply declined the audition to begin with *knowing* she had no way of getting out to do it.
re: Elisabeth Moss Completes Casting of SPEED-THE-PLOW
 Jul 21 2008, 08:14:05 PM
Not stunt casting but either way it's a terribly boring play no matter who stars in it.
re: The Search for Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
 Jul 21 2008, 08:10:11 PM
" wiser minds than ours have discussed this endlessly on this site and come to the conclusion that Elle Woods is perhaps the most arduous role, if not just on Broadway now, than perhaps permanently."

Ok allmylife, now you've lost me permanently on this topic. I'm quite sure the kiddies that make up 95% of the student body of this board are not wiser, if I do say so myself. Elle Woods is never going to be remembered as the most "difficult role for a female on Broadway" I'm not so sure on

Jul 21 2008, 06:24:45 PM
Allofmylife, you had me with your last post until you said "the hardest role to be played on Broadway". Just because Bundy struggled through it doesn't make the role hard, it was hard for HER, no matter how fully she "embodied" the role. It's not even as difficult in technical terms, as Elphaba or Tracy Turnblad. It's the one thing that really amuses me more than anything that's said. That and the thought that So Much Better is "the most difficult song to sing". Becky Gulsvig, like her take or n
 Jul 20 2008, 09:47:28 AM
Actually theminutepast, this has been discussed to death on old threads but again, the whole problem with Legally Blonde was that they very unsuccessfully tried to make Bundy the star of show when they should have sold the show like Wicked. Bundy never became the "name" they had hoped and business was really terrible until very recently and the subtle spike in attendance has much more to do with it being summer than anything else. If you'll notice, they don't often mention Bundy by name on the
re: Christian Borle on search for Elle Woods?
 Jul 9 2008, 09:42:04 AM
Not in appearance.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You