News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for edcrum

Member Name: edcrum
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What's Next for Cynthia Erivo?
 Oct 31 2016, 01:09:23 PM

She did say (in her Singular Sensations at Charing Cross Theatre) that her dream role is Fanny Brice. Her Don't Rain On My Parade was stunning!

Cynthia Erivo holidays?
 Sep 1 2016, 08:56:57 AM

Thank you. Had booked for Sat matinee this weekend without checking. (Orchestra BB 2&4 - hope they are ok?)

Over from London on vacation and knew CE had very few absences for every show over here in the UK. 

Cynthia Erivo holidays?
 Sep 1 2016, 08:01:11 AM

How can I find out if she has any booked?

Help please for imminent NYC/DC trip
 Aug 30 2016, 06:44:31 PM

Thank you all for the tips. 

Funniest Musical of All Time?
 Aug 30 2016, 12:08:50 PM

JBroadway said: "Another vote for Spelling Bee, here! Simply genius. I'd also like to throw out:

--Avenue Q (also genius) 

--The Book of Mormon (I'm pretty tired of it now, but when the jokes were fresh, they were really excellent!) 

--Gentleman's Guide (funny in a different way - more clever and witty than outright hilarious) 

--Spamalot (gotta love that Jew song) 

--Xanadu (laughed myself si

Help please for imminent NYC/DC trip
 Aug 30 2016, 06:20:05 AM

I know I've left this very late but will be in NYC and DC (visiting from London) for 11 days from 2nd Sept. I usually just get tickets from TKTS in person. Does anyone have advice or tips? Discounts/ticket sites etc. 

On my wish list are Color Purple, Waitress, The Humans, Fiddler, Something Rotten, Fun Home, Cagney but am open to recommendations. 

I realise some of the shows will be impossible to get. 

Thanks in advance.

Favorite play endings
 Aug 15 2016, 11:57:05 AM

People Places Things. 

American Psycho Delays Opening
 Mar 17 2016, 12:37:14 PM

Having seen the show in London (and really enjoyed it) I can't understand why someone who hasn't seen it would be so negative about it?

The Color Purple (New Broadway Cast Recording)
 Feb 21 2016, 12:17:42 PM

LuminousBeing said: "Remedial tech question here: I don't have access to a computer right now, but I have an iPad. If I buy the digital record from Broadway Records, will my iPad be able to download and play the album? I already checked iTunes, and didn't see it there. Thanks!

I downloaded from iTunes 

"

Comic princess song
 Feb 13 2016, 05:23:05 PM

"Not in a Disney way" is very funny and more than a bit rude. 

Mockingbird
 Feb 11 2016, 05:26:36 PM

Robert Sean Leonard played Atticus (superbly) at The Barbican last year and at Regent's Park a few years earlier 

Gypsy Live at the Savoy
 Dec 29 2015, 07:21:29 PM

Thought this was wonderful. Can't believe the number of critical comments on here. 

reviews
 Dec 4 2015, 07:22:35 AM

Wonder if this (and Grease) will be shown in the UK? Sound of Music Live  was not well received over here. I'm sure The Wiz and Grease would be. 

West End's Funny Girl opens tonight
 Dec 3 2015, 09:40:15 AM

mallardo said: "Reviews are very positive and it has been extended in the West End (before it even opens there) until Sept 10, 2016. 

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/dec/03/funny-girl-review-sheridan-smith-menier-chocolate-factory

Spot on review from The Guardian

Nov 30 2015, 02:03:51 PM

Hamilton22 said: "Is her voice powerful enough to knock out those big bumbers like I'm the greatest star, People, Don't rain on my parade and such? I'm particularly interested in greatest star. The song doesn't work unless you actually believe you're listening to the greatest star. Is Sheridan the greatest star?

Saw this for the second time last Saturday and it is definitely ready for Press Night AND The Savoy.

SS is superb all round, singing

Nov 27 2015, 07:13:10 PM

At first preview she seemed to under sing everything until Don't Rain...  But then, boy did she belt! I agree that Greatest Star should be her convincing us, so hope she does exactly that tomorrow. She does have a powerful voice so I'm sure it'll be spot on by press night. 

Nov 27 2015, 06:59:15 PM

I saw the first preview. And am returning tomorrow matinee. It is an utter joy! SS is perfect, no trace of Barbra, making the role fresh. She had us in the pal of her hand. MCF is tiny so a chorus line of 8 fills it. Special mention to Marilyn Cutts too (as Mrs Brice). 

70th Tony Awards Thread
 Nov 27 2015, 09:59:14 AM

It will be interesting to see if Cynthia Erivo gets a nod for Color Purple.  If she had been eligible for an Olivier, I think she would have been a safe bet.

THE COLOR PURPLE Previews
 Nov 27 2015, 09:56:24 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_I698n2O_Q

Here is a link to her singing one of her own songs.  Beautiful.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You