News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bob30

Bob30 Profile Photo
Member Name: Bob30
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Mis Voted Greatest Musical, Wicked 2nd, Phantom 3rd
 Aug 27 2013, 11:15:04 AM
Are these ranked in volume of annoying fans? Because then I could start to understand it....
Eden Espinosa as Evita?
 Sep 1 2012, 12:08:48 PM
She'd only be doing 6 shows as they have an alternate!
Annie Marquee
 Sep 1 2012, 12:02:41 PM
Is it possible that the part of the rights demand professional productions use that logo, so to reinforce the Annie brand or some crap like that?
Imelda Staunton as Madame Rose
 Aug 8 2012, 06:57:51 PM
Hermajesty - have you seen Imelda live? Her voice is astonishing!I find it a perfect singing voice, recordings do not do her justice at all.
re: Into The Woods: the Witch and Rapunzel
 Aug 5 2012, 04:22:28 PM
I think the Witch just wants someone to unconditionally love her like a child should, hence why she wants Rapunzle as her daughter but is scared of letting her grow up and leave incase Rapunzel finds someone else to love and shes is trying to convince her to stay ("our little world is perfect") as the Witch is a very insecure person.

Thats if you want to think deep, although i do not think there is any hint of incest, but i prefer to just enjoy it!

Shows/Theatrical Experiences That Changed You as a Theatregoer
 Aug 2 2012, 11:32:37 AM
The London Palladium production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang showed me that magic and atmosphere can be created on stage and through the eyes of 7 year old me the production was flawless and heightened the magic of the film. The over the top sets, songs and dancing have ad me hooked on theatre ever since :)

Also seeing the current London revival of Sweeney Todd showed me that musical theatre doesnt have to be all chorus lines and smiling faces but a story can be told through music that h

Boyle's Olympic Opening to Broadway
 Jul 31 2012, 03:54:15 PM
Paul Mccartney is sore point here in England too don't worry.
Boyle's Olympic Opening to Broadway
 Jul 30 2012, 07:57:41 PM
It's interesting looking at your comments on the ceremony, as this is the Broadway board i would assume those who found it boring would find it so as they are american.

It was a terribly British affair i must admit, so many nods to our history and everyday life made it a very good representation of our country.

Although i did wonder how other countries would receive it as many parts would not of been funny or impressive to those with no experience of English culture, which i suppose for a global event wasn't the best way to open the games but it was pretty to look at i suppose

Neutered Into The Woods
 Jul 30 2012, 07:47:39 PM
The School edition of Avenue Q is possibly the worst idea in the world and the song changes are hideous.

I think youth groups should stick to musicals that are appropriate for their age groups, and only minor editing is needed. When shows are changed to be Child friendly ,and not just to shorten the show, it ruins the piece.

Jennifer Hudson as Wicked Movie's Elphaba
 Jul 29 2012, 04:34:22 PM
well thats my idea shot out the water then!

I hope they dont feel the need to Stunt cast Elphaba/Glinda and pull on the fantastic actresses who have ever played the roles on Broaday/Westend/Worldwide

Jennifer Hudson as Wicked Movie's Elphaba
 Jul 29 2012, 04:28:03 PM
Sutton has a very distinct voice, so i think Elphaba is within her range her voice just wouldn't sound right for the role, although her acting would be fabulous as Elphaba.

Any chance of Idina/Kristin reprising their roles? Then casting a big name as the Wizard/Morrible/Fiyero (PLEASE NOT NICK JONAS)to attract a mainstream audience as well as the Rentheads and Die hard wicked fans

Riedel: ?Into? is lost in the woods
 Jul 27 2012, 08:44:25 PM

I dont understand why they didnt use the english costumes? I mean its mean to be the same production with a different cast.

GREAT Avenue Q line
 Jul 27 2012, 01:24:39 PM
When i first saw the Uk tour in 2011 they used "Jedward" then in 2012 they used "Justin Bieber"

Tomorrow is their last show of the tour, hope they use the "our show" line it would bring the house down!

I think its really cool they change the lyric, it keeps the show fresh, the dialogue in the tour also included some references to the city that they where in, such as what was found in the hat after The Money Song ( a reference to the rival football clubs ticket being worthless)

Broadway books to read?
 Jul 21 2012, 05:49:33 AM
"Avenue Q - The Book" offers a lot of insight into the creation of avenue q, the complete script and lyrics and a lot about the creators. Also its covered in Orange fur, who wouldn't want it?
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jul 20 2012, 07:58:14 PM
Today i got my first ever fan mail reply from the gorgeous Sierra Boggess, a little message written on the bottom of a Love Never Dies production shot :)
Best(or worst) Act 1 closers?
 Jul 18 2012, 03:30:13 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the chandelier falling in Phantom!
Playbill Questions
 Jul 18 2012, 03:27:42 PM
Also most shows are good at pricing their programme/souvenire brouchure so both cost about £10-£15 together.

I couldnt quite believe Playbills are free though, do you just get one per ticket, because if this was England and they where just on a stand people would be taking about 20 each

Playbill Questions
 Jul 18 2012, 01:20:15 PM
In England you can also get souvenir brochures which include cast bios and pages of production shots these are normaly £8/£9 which sounds like your $20 ones?
Best Stage Door experiences?
 Jul 17 2012, 05:32:28 PM
As a frequent stage-doorer (word?), some shows/actors are better at stopping to talk to fans.

My best was the 2012 Avenue Q UK tour who came out even though their next show was in 45 minutes and they where all lovely and stopped for photos and signed, even though they had to be back inside the theatre in 25 minutes for their half hour call.

Also Gina Beck from Wicked was super lovely (my avatar) and so down to earth you felt like shed just watched the show with you :)

Read more: http://westend.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1048328&dt=0&boardid=3#ixzz20uyOZ8bH

Playbill Questions
 Jul 17 2012, 11:17:11 AM
Being from England i am used to paying anywhere between £3 - £7 for a Programme which has the casts bios inside as well as maybe interviews, show history, adverts and some production shots

Does a Playbill contain all this and isn't it free?

Also why do some shows go from colour playbills to black and white? is it cost?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You