News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for angelic1

angelic1 Profile Photo
Member Name: angelic1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Cry Baby Preview Seats  Mar 13 2008, 09:55:12 AM
Just bought my tix for April 3rd, center orchestra, row N. I hadn't heard about the discount, but as soon as I read this thread, I bought my tickets. That's a smart move on their part as I probably wouldn't see it otherwise.
re: Company Commentary Thread  Feb 20 2008, 11:26:02 PM
Wow...just wow...I old-school taped it on a VHS but I might have to buy the DVD. This was beautifully directed and, of course, acted. I made everyone in my apartment stop talking during Being Alive. I had goosebumps. So powerful. I love PBS...I've been OD-ing on Jane Austen and now Company. I must donate so I can be one of the "Viewers Like You" they're always talking about.

re: Specific short lines or lyrics that give you chills  Nov 15 2007, 07:45:58 PM
Ohh, everyone has come up with really great ones. Hmm, these are pretty random, but:

Creepy chills on the first "Why don't you come up to my office?" - Parade

"What is the good of the strongest heart in a body that's falling apart, a serious flaw. I hope you know that." - Evita, Waltz for Eva and Che

That last, high "Christine, I love you" at the end of Phantom

"And I looked around, and I thought, my god, I'll never have the moon" - Songs for a New World, Star

'Do the 'Du!' with The 'Du Crew  Nov 10 2007, 11:02:38 PM
I saw the show for the first time today (yay for student rush). I was pleasantly surprised by just how funny they could make it. I thought the self-referential mockery would only go so far, but they made it work. The whole cast is quite delightful. Cheyenne is a...well, yummy hunk o' man is about the only thing coming to mind. And Mary Testa actually made me snort. I don't snort. I'm not sure I'll see it again, but it's pretty darn entertaining so I thought I would post my enjoyment and support.
re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on Cyrano de Bergerac (on critics' matinee & wi  Oct 28 2007, 07:17:59 PM
I went to today's performance. What an absolutely splendid show!
re: Nicholas Rodriguez as Tarzan  Jul 6 2007, 04:36:10 PM
Does anyone happen to know of any understudies planning to go on tomorrow night?
re: LES MISÉRABLES extends limited engagement  Dec 19 2006, 10:32:07 PM
Just saw this tonight and I cried from the end of 'On My Own' straight through the curtain call. It was breathtaking. I would adore a new recording with this amazing cast.
re: Donny Osmond and Sarah Uriate Berry's First show  Sep 20 2006, 09:59:53 AM
I saw it last night. Sarah was wonderful as usual. I surprisingly liked Osmond (he got crazy applause for everything he did). The show was as good as it usually is, but the audience was great. At the stage door, there was so many women, I couldn't believe it. Oh, and Access Hollywood was there, which was cool. But, back to the original question - Sarah was fantastic (who expected anything different) and Osmond was really good at hamming it up (I laughed more at his Gaston than any of the others
re: Best of Luck To Sarah Uriarte Berry  Sep 19 2006, 11:49:08 PM
I saw her tonight and thought she was great! Then again, I always love her. The audience was great, too! I had no idea Donnie Osmond was so famous - there was a lot of love (and Access Hollywood) at that stage door!
re: Doyle's COMPANY will transfer will full Cincinnati cast intact  May 17 2006, 06:18:19 PM
Ahh, Raul back on broadway where he belongs.
re: Tony Tickets??  May 8 2006, 11:36:52 AM
How much are the tickets for the general public?
re: The Wedding Singer review 5/6/06 Evening  May 8 2006, 09:58:07 AM
Plot problems, understudies, etc aside - I'm just glad Laura's sister is going to be ok.

Although, I do wish I had seen Tina because I love watching how different actors have different takes on the same role.

re: The Wedding Singer review 5/6/06 Evening  May 7 2006, 10:22:05 AM
A friend of mine saw the show last night and said that Tina was cute, but she couldn't hear a single word that she sang. She was sitting near the back of the orchestra, but still. I'm glad you enjoyed the show!
re: Student rush for WEDDING SINGER?  May 5 2006, 11:33:35 PM
Ok, we got there at about 6:20 or so and got row L in the mezz. I was fine with that because I thought that meant it was almost sold out. But, the mezz was less than half full. It was sad and lonely up there. I'm sure the orch was mostly full (I hope). But, the audience, at least up in the mezz, wasn't really into it. I felt silly every time that I belly-laughed. On a better note, I stage-doored this time. What a sweet cast! I got pictures and autographs from most everyone. I hope it starts fill
re: Student rush for WEDDING SINGER?  May 5 2006, 05:40:22 PM
My friend and I are rushing tonight (she's the biggest Stephen Lynch fan). We're leaving now b/c it takes a half hour to get there.
riedel on lestat, the palace, & the wedding singer  May 5 2006, 12:07:51 PM
I ditto the Benanti love, but I think she's the least likely to get a Tony nom from Wedding Singer. Not that I didn't like her in the role, but I seem to be in the minority.
re: Wedding Singer to record May 1st?  May 3 2006, 07:09:28 AM
I thought I'd bump this to see if anyone found out last night what songs were recorded. As in, did the put "Right on Time" on it.
re: If you could have any one thing from a show...  May 2 2006, 10:13:57 AM
Umm, the flying car from Chitty. Nice conversation piece.
re: Petition for IN MY LIFE OBC recording...  May 2 2006, 10:09:55 AM
I signed it. Originality should be rewarded.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/30/2006  May 1 2006, 04:31:37 PM
Didn't Wedding Singer not have a show yesterday?

ETA: Umm, yeah. I obviously can't read. Sorry.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You