News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NeverSoShy

Member Name: NeverSoShy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

GYPSY on PBS  Nov 14 2016, 02:50:44 AM

I agree that the recording was pretty terrible, but I saw the production live and it was just incredible. Staunton's performance worked so much better in front of an audience rather than a camera, the jokes actually landed, and both Rose and Louise were just captivating through the entire thing. 

The production was in no way perfect, but it was still probably one of the best experiences I've had in a theatre!

EastEnders was brought to you by... Stephen Sondheim  Jan 15 2016, 01:26:39 PM

If anyone was wondering, it was performed by Alice Fearn ( Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Shrek in the West End).

I agree that it was a very odd song choice for a wedding, but it was still nice to hear a Sondheim number performed by a West End actress on prime time TV!

Gypsy Live At Savoy-Link to Watch Replay Here  Dec 28 2015, 05:42:19 AM

It definitely had something missing compared to seeing it live. The atmosphere in the theatre was just incredible. Also, I don't think that some of the jokes landed as well on screen as they did in the theatre.

The Strip was cut down for this production. I really wish that it hadn't been as I absolutely love Lara's interpretation of Louise. I loved the gradual transformation during The Strip, each successive section being slightly less awkward than the one before it. 

Gypsy Live on BBC 4 Woo Hoo!  Dec 27 2015, 04:43:07 PM

I'm not sure whether this has been posted elsewhere, but Lara Pulver (Louise) has tweeted that it will be on PBS at some point.

DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online  Dec 22 2015, 02:14:13 PM

I don't know whether I was living in a bit of a hole in the weeks before the live stream (which I may have been, my final year of university has been pretty full on!), but I didn't see as much promotion for it as I might have expected to. With this and the fact that it's not a 'big-name musical', I think that 150k is a pretty decent amount of viewers. Maybe another repeat viewing a week after the initial recording might have helped so some word of mouth could have spread a

DADDY LONG LEGS to stream LIVE online  Dec 21 2015, 03:19:38 PM

Does anybody know whether anyone managed to save a copy of the livestream?

The Wild Party Opens This Week  Jul 16 2015, 02:07:14 PM

Changing so much of the material when there's only a 6 day rehearsal period (and therefore very little time to see what works and what doesn't, and no time to change it if it doesn't) seems a little misjudged.

I was really looking forward to seeing how Sutton tackled Out of the Blue. It really is a shame that the changes weren't more minor!

IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!  Mar 23 2015, 01:04:03 PM
Last week a regional theatre YouTube account (In Philadelphia I think) posted a promo video with Jackie playing Elizabeth which was taken down a couple of days later, which might indicate that she's going on tour in the role (or alternatively they're trying to promote the show without Idina being the big pull)
Little moments on cast albums that you love  Jan 5 2015, 10:30:25 AM
As well as the previous bits mentioned from Model Behavior I love the 'What's the name of that cheese that I like?' and the 'they scratched out the number... and misspelled vagina', Benanti's delivery is just perfect.

Also the harmony at the key change in Love While You Can from If/Then on the line 'So, love wherever and whenever and however love is.' is probably my favourite little bit of the cast recording

Laura Benanti Christmas Short Film  Dec 22 2014, 03:07:40 PM
Okay, I was expecting there to be a little more in common with the two videos than the fact that they're set at their parents' houses, but nope, that's literally it!
Jackie Burns - IF/THEN  Dec 15 2014, 03:15:51 AM
Jackie's on holiday at the moment (looking at her twitter), so I guess that means that we have the potential for Jenn to be going on for Idina in the next few days.
Idina Menzel on UK X Factor  Dec 8 2014, 02:18:54 PM
Although it doesn't have a very big audience compared to the X Factor, she seems to be coming across well on The One Show (currently airing)! It doesn't look like she'll be singing though.
Idina Menzel on UK X Factor  Dec 7 2014, 04:43:13 PM
I think part of the poor reception was that the song created a very different atmosphere to the rest of the show, which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing! There was also a bit of cynicism regarding Buble being the surprise guest, despite the fact that he appears on the X Factor every year. And there's the 'why didn't she sing Let it Go?!!1!' comments,

In my experience she does have a fairly big following here in the UK, but whether it's big enough to sell a decent number of sea

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 11 2014, 08:36:27 AM
They didn't highlight for me either (I'm in the UK too), but they still played when I clicked them
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread  Nov 10 2014, 09:09:11 PM
Oh gosh it sounds gorgeous! It's clear just from these clips that Emily Blunt and Meryl Streep deliver knockout performances. Also Lilla Crawford sounds as great as I'd expected she would.

I've gone from not wanting to listen to the soundtrack until I've seen the film to listening to 30 second clips at gone two in the morning two months before the film's released...

Jackie Burns - IF/THEN  Oct 18 2014, 02:47:06 PM
Stephen Klemons has just confirmed on instagram that she's leaving the show on Nov 2
Jackie Burns - IF/THEN  Sep 8 2014, 04:49:04 PM
I agree with Auggie27 that Jackie's doing her job perfectly by making her performance as close to Idina's as possible in an attempt to try to satisfy many (likely) unsatisfied audience members who had booked to see the show in order to see Idina perform.

I do like the differences in their voices though; Jackie's voice has a very sweet quality where Idina has her 'rawness'. Both lovely voices to listen to and I hope very much to one day have the pleasure of seeing Jackie perform live.

Most Misguided Interpretation You've Seen?  Aug 26 2014, 05:01:07 AM
Craig Revel Horwood's CHESS was one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Someone here's already mentioned the actor-musicians, which I think on the whole worked wonderfully (and made me incredibly jealous of the talent in the ensemble!).

The most bizarre thing about the production was the bondage element in the costume design. Very very odd.

I'm glad that I saw this production but I don't think it should ever be repeated!

36 Tweets That Prove Laura Benanti Is A Comic Genius  Aug 2 2014, 06:45:15 PM
Brilliant! I love that this was a Buzzfeed staff-written article rather than a community one so that hopefully more people will read it and discover the joy of being a Benanti fan!
If/Then Dialogue at the Beginning  Jul 10 2014, 05:22:57 AM
I'm 99% sure that it's 'third tour' and is from Beth's POV, and is showing that the same monologue can be applied to two very different scenarios (and is designed to be a hint at the ending for those who are paying a ridiculous amount of attention the first time they see it).
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You