News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for wsondheim94

wsondheim94 Profile Photo
Member Name: wsondheim94
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beanie Feldstein & More to Star in SPELLING BEE at Kennedy Center
 Sep 5 2024, 10:58:07 AM

darquegk said: "It’s a question of, is the taking out emotional neglect/resentment, physical violence or sexual abuse?"

Ah, I see. Makes sense. Thanks!

Sep 5 2024, 08:08:33 AM

I would guess they’re referring to, “I think he takes out on me what he wants to take out on you.” 

I've only ever 'read' this lyric as physical abuse. What other meaning could it have?

Aug 29 2024, 11:11:02 PM

Hey Mods could you explain why my post was deleted when it was in defense of the working actors in this cast? I'm so confused by the censorship here sometimes lol

Carolee Carmello - 1776 (original run) - 1997/1998
 Jul 31 2024, 09:20:35 AM

Ah you're right! Guess I shouldn't take Wikipedia as gospel lol

Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago
 Jul 31 2024, 09:18:08 AM

No new songs. I'd say it's something between a play with music and a musical. The songs seem more "musically" than, say, Once. 

Likely the original felt like not much music because of the long run time lol

Jul 29 2024, 05:23:43 PM

Very interesting and makes total sense. I had to google that theater. Only 6 broadway productions played it before it was turned into a Toys R Us :/ 

Jul 29 2024, 04:11:44 PM

sorry - I didn't phrase that well.

Her original run i.e. the '97 revival. NOT looking for photos of her in the recent revival :)

Carolee Carmello - 1776 (original run)
 Jul 29 2024, 03:58:12 PM

Are there any photos of this? I swear I have seen one of her as Abigail Adams...

Anyone?

Bonus points if you saw her in it and can speak to her performance :)

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jul 26 2024, 10:05:23 PM

I think this is a tricky and nuanced argument as I know many in the trans community (anecdotally, for what it's worth) consider those that are nonbinary to be apart of that community... Don't worry, i'll print out this post and burn it now.

Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago
 Jul 24 2024, 04:33:28 PM

The beginning of your post signifies my BIGGEST problem with it. It wasn't cutsey, folksy, "low budget" enough to buy into the whole "The Hobbits are telling us a story!", but it wasn't fantastical enough to be... impressive. So all the magic and puppets and everything else just comes off as sad.

Jul 20 2024, 03:19:38 PM

It really makes me wish I could’ve seen the original Toronto production. I’d sit through 4 hours if it was intelligible.

Jul 20 2024, 10:06:10 AM

Another thing I'll note - and perhaps this is entirely my fault - but the storytelling was pretty poor if you don't know the property well. I've seen the films maybe twice? But I have friends who are obsessed so I'm fairly familiar with the plot details; however, when (and now is when I show my lack of knowledge) we were in the deep cave. Suddenly they have to... cross a bridge? That is also fire? If I wasn't mildly familiar with the movies I'd have literally zero clue

Jul 20 2024, 08:51:16 AM

Saw this last night and was sorely disappointed. 

I'll preface this with saying I have been obsessed with the score since 2007 and... it just doesn't work with all the fiddly folksy orchestrations they've got. The sweeping and soaring melodies stop dead in their tracks.

I was also pretty disappointed in the sound design. Really difficult to hear dialogue when there was underscoring (of which there was a lot).

Frodo was really incredible. As was Sam and Ga

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You