News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lensman55

lensman55 Profile Photo
Member Name: lensman55
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: ex-struggling actor who realized he didn't have the tenacity to fight his way in. Father of four, semi professional magician.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Little Mermaid on the Tonys
 Jun 16 2008, 05:18:59 AM
I was a little disappointed at the production for The Little Mermaid. After promoting the thing at every commercial break, the song was clipped! I felt the Rent segment was rushed as well and those were the two segments I was looking forward to!
re: AW come on you guys
 Jun 16 2008, 05:13:29 AM
The point being that as soon as you log onto the web site, before you even reach the forums, you've been exposed to the winners in the headlines on the website. So what does it matter what the forum posters do?

Furthermore, you know it's going to happen. Just stay off the website until after you've had a chance to see the program for yourself!

re: Cast Recordings you wish were made but they never were..
 Nov 23 2006, 12:48:23 PM
DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES.

I'm tired of everybody putting this thing down because it closed and didn't follow "TANZ" closely enough.

I liked it and I regret that there isn't an official cast album of it!

re: MACY Parade so far....
 Nov 23 2006, 12:37:54 PM
I think it's "live" on both NBC and CBS, but CBS isn't broadcasting from Herald Square. NBC is. So NBC has a "pre-parade" show while they wait for the parade to get to 34th Street.

Does that sound right?

"Q" to tour ~ angry threatre owners?
 Feb 19 2006, 08:18:18 PM
In the story about "Ave. Q" touring, mention is made of the regional theatre owners being "angry," finishing with; "when $$ on the line, regional theatre owners have short memories."

I'm out of the loop here, what would they have had to be angry about?

re: Greatest Book Of A Musical - What do you think?
 Jun 22 2005, 05:34:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Cabaret!
Listening to broadway music
 Apr 27 2005, 09:54:23 AM
Our satellite provider has several audio channels, using different themes. One of them is "show tunes." Tuned in the other night and "Music of the Night" came on from the MOVIE "Phantom of the Opera." Turned it off. The man cannot sing, even if you acknowledge the importance of his ability as "eye candy," that doesn't do much for me and certainly is of no importance on an audio channel! Is this going to be it? Are they ONLY going to play the movie soundtrack from now on? Horrors!
re: Differences between Bye Bye Birdie Musical and Movie
 Apr 22 2005, 09:16:13 PM
When we were first doing Birdie, the director brought in the original cast album. (That's how I discovered Paul Lynde did the father). The cast album still has the "I don't know how we beat the Russians" line. My question is, what are the asides now? Have they changed? I don't remember saying the "Russians" line but I can't remember what my lines were.
Anybody remember "Applause"?
 Apr 14 2005, 12:50:25 PM
I was watching the Broadway DVDs my wife picked up. One of them has a seqence with Bonnie Franklin doing the title number from "Applause." In the sequence, the cast starts parodying various famous Broadway bits working the songs to include the word "applause."

First off, this is a production that should be remounted. (My vote for Liza Minnelli as Margo). Secondly, if it were remounted, should it be done as a period piece, in which case the bits could remain the same or should it be upda

re: Crwford will NOT return to Woman in White in London
 Apr 14 2005, 06:17:43 AM
...and quite a few don't. Me for example, I've acknowledged that Michael made a major mistake in playing Count Krolock for laughs, but I don't think it was the be-all and end-all reason for the show's destruction. There were far too many other causes as well.
 Apr 14 2005, 06:14:52 AM
/quote/
Riffing has no place in Bye Bye Birdie, good singers or not. What on earth made them think there should be riffing in a 60s whitebread musical theatre/rock 'n' roll score?
/end quote/

I'm just not musical enough to get the term, what is "riffing?"

I remember when we did the musical in high school, the director (spelled it right this time!) got annoyed at Harry's "kids" for ad libbing in certain scenes. (To be specific, when Harry opens the paper that's been all

re: Young Frankenstein-The Musical
 Apr 14 2005, 06:11:52 AM
Read the entire previous thread that was posted here. Nobody mentioned the concept of the musical being staged in "glorious black and white," (no offense). So my question was still germaine.
re: Sondheim Reissues bonus tracks
 Apr 12 2005, 12:57:59 PM
The truth, Demitri2, is that they may not even be able to tell if it "sounds better." Not every person who knows theatre is enough of an audiophile to make that call.
Young Frankenstein-The Musical
 Apr 12 2005, 12:55:11 PM
We know this is supposed to be Mel's next big project. My kid heard this and asked; "Is it going to be staged in glorious black and white?" You have to wonder!
re: The secret that few theatregoers know is that understudies, with few ex
 Apr 12 2005, 12:52:48 PM
I never understood how "the show must go on" became a theatre icon. It's actually a circus term. "No matter what happens, keep the show going so the audience doesn't start to panic."
 Apr 12 2005, 12:50:17 PM
I got another question. I did the father in BBB W A Y back in high school. The production was so tacky, the kitchen set consisted of a billboard with "KITCHEN" written on it and a couple of frying pans painted on!

I remember my direction bringing the soundtrack to the original production and there was Paul Lynde singing "Kids!" (I hadn't even known he originated the part.) In the song he has a couple of spoken asides; ("I didn't know what puberty was 'till I was almost past it!") one of

Apr 12 2005, 06:23:22 AM
At least you're being honest about your bias. You'll excuse me if MY bias doesn't accept YOUR bias as gospel.
 Apr 11 2005, 11:57:12 AM
Not to mention the fact that I think Crawford WANTED to do Fosco simply to prove his "comedic Italian" character could actually work!
 Apr 10 2005, 12:12:31 AM
/quote/
Judging by the film version of The Woman In White with Sidney Greenstreet as Count Fosco, I don't see how Michael Crawford can say playing the role straight would be like re-doing Eric from Phantom.

Good riddance to him if he's stupid enough to think it's the same part.
/end quote/

If you actually READ my post instead of just reacting to it, you'd see I was discussing "Dance of the Vampires" and the things that went wrong with that production ending with the ad

re: Rocky Horror Show
 Apr 9 2005, 11:23:42 AM
Do you mean the Providence Performing Arts Center (P-PAC to its friends!)? I didn't see anything in the pictures that looked anything other than "generic theatre."
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You