News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for deck925

deck925 Profile Photo
Member Name: deck925
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Evita Rush During Martin's Vacation?
 Jul 2 2012, 01:52:11 PM
I went to the box office a bit after ten after barely missing rush for Once, and Evita still had rush tickets available. I'm not sure if it's typical, but I'd say there isn't really need to get there at 7 AM.
Dogfight Cast Recording?
 Jul 2 2012, 01:49:47 PM
I was in Row D to the left, they were excellent seats!
Dogfight Cast Recording?
 Jul 2 2012, 12:58:44 PM
mjroberts I got there maybe 10-15 minutes before rush started and was the third person in line, the two girls ahead of me walked in only a few minutes before me.
Dogfight Cast Recording?
 Jul 1 2012, 05:37:31 PM
I just went to where they were selling drinks and stuff, noticed they had a poster out there advertising the show, and asked the girl behind the counter if they were selling them. It was only ten dollars, not sure if they had any other merchandise!
Dogfight Cast Recording?
 Jul 1 2012, 03:07:59 PM
I saw the matinee yesterday, and as I bought the poster asked if there was any talk of it having life after this run. I'm not sure who it was that I spoke to, but he basically said it was too early to tell.

I hope the audiences continue to love it, because mine sure did as well. I would love to see it have a life, and a cast recording after this. Lindsay Mendez was heartbreaking during "Pretty Funny" I hope a recording of her pops up soon because it was beautiful. The male songs are al

Angela Lansbury, Aaron Lazar to Star in Anastasia Stage Reading
 Jun 15 2012, 01:45:12 PM
I've been waiting for this to happen, I hope it does well and comes to Broadway. Sierra or Laura would both be wonderful casting choices for Anastasia, and I can't wait to see what Ahrens and Flaherty add to the score!
Into the Woods: Shakespeare in the Park Casting?!
 May 28 2012, 01:39:07 PM
Thanks AC, great for him, disappointed I won't get to see his take on the Baker.
Into the Woods: Shakespeare in the Park Casting?!
 May 28 2012, 12:38:15 PM
What happened to Christopher Fitzgerald as the Baker? Did it fall through? I was so looking forward to him playing this role!
Lindsay Mendez in Godspell
 Mar 9 2012, 08:19:31 PM
Hey all,
I don't post often, but I'm trying to find out some info. I have tickets to the matinee of Godspell this Wednesday, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the show, especially Lindsay! Just wondering if anyone knows if she'll be in. I saw that 35 MM added another performance that might at 8:00, and I was just curious if anyone knows whether or not she'll be in for the matinee. Thanks for any information.

An Evening with Patti and Mandy 2/6
 Feb 7 2010, 12:07:55 AM
100 percent agreed. I loved it!
re: Does anyone know if Ragtime was filmed?
 Dec 31 2009, 12:34:40 PM
I'm assuming the chance of there being a cast recording is slim? I saw Ragtime for the first time yesterday and personally felt it was an incredible production. I wish it could be preserved at least this way.
re: HAIR Seating Question
 Nov 29 2009, 08:12:28 PM
Yeah, like I said I was very surprised at how much they were up there. It was the first time that I'd seen it, and it wasn't once or twice either, they came up quite a bit. Also Gavin makes one of his entrances from a door in the mezz. Perhaps they've made it safer or something, but the mezz definitely got a great deal of cast interaction :)

re: HAIR Seating Question
 Nov 29 2009, 08:03:48 PM
I saw the show on Sunday the 22nd and the cast was in the mezz plenty, I was actually surprised how much they were up there. I'm guessing that is incorrect unless things have changed this past week.

re: roles for short guys
 Jul 14 2009, 03:54:23 PM
I think he certainly could be. It'd probably depend on Audrey casting.
re: roles for short guys
 Jul 14 2009, 03:46:40 PM
Igor in Young Frankenstein
LeFou in Beauty and the Beast
Perhaps Benji in My Favorite Year
Charlie Brown/Linus in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown

I'm sure there are more, I'm just thinking of specific roles I'd like to play!

re: How did the Titanic sink on Broadway?
 May 3 2009, 11:47:49 AM
Ehh, I'm very mixed about Titanic. It was my senior show, and a big dissapointment to many of us. Personally while I do enjoy most of the score, there are some not so good songs within it. I really think the music is a little difficult for high schools to be attempting, especially with many of the male roles needing to sing at least an F or G.
re: Thoroughly Modern Millie -- Casting Non-Asians
 Aug 9 2008, 01:36:35 AM
Actually Patash I perfectly understand this fact considering I was Mrs.Meers in the production I just finished, and if you read my earlier post I also stated that I understood it does take away from the joke. The King and I may not be a perfect example, but in either show you're going to have to pretend, whether it be a full cast or two actors (unless of course you find the correct race or ethnicity for the role). What I'm trying to say is that while Ching Ho and Bun Foo are indeed supposed to b
 Aug 8 2008, 04:29:46 PM
I don't really feel as though the King and I is a moot point. If high schools/community theaters can do a show where the vast majority of the cast is suppossed to be Siamese, what is the problem with two characters? It's not as though Ching Ho and Bun Foo are the central focus of the show. As another poster stated it is a great show for girls, if you have the people I don't see why you shouldn't do it. We had great success with white actors as Ching Ho and Bun Foo.
 Aug 8 2008, 11:09:51 AM
I just finished a production of Millie, neither of our actors playing Ching Ho and Bun Foo were asian. I understand it does add to the joke, but if you have the actors to do it the do so. Are all the people Siamese in high school productions of the King and I?
re: The Little Mermaid on the Tonys
 Jun 16 2008, 04:33:31 PM
Sierra is perfectly capable Elphie, I don't think that's what's in question. Yes it wasn't the best arrangement, but Sierra is indeed a wonderful performer. As for something else, like others have said, it simply isn't practical to do Under the Sea, or most of the big production numbers for a short 60 second preview of the show.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You