News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Anotherdayofmadness

Member Name: Anotherdayofmadness
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ART Evita Casting
 Mar 12 2023, 07:35:39 PM

Shakespeare Theatre announced it will open it's 23/24 season, so assuming DC in the Fall?

Boston Discounts?
 Jun 27 2022, 07:58:53 AM

The ticket booths still have not reopened. BosTix is their website and it looks like they have discount tickets through July 5th. It’s also on Goldstar.

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: Boston tryout
 Jun 24 2022, 12:40:06 AM

Agreed - I think the therapy parts work best at the beginning and end of the show but the middle could use some work. 

Design-wise

For most of the show the design is pretty simple, different colored backdrops with geometric panels that come in and out. Above are different ceiling lights from 60s/70s/80’s (like 20-30 different ones).Twice (maybe more) in Act 2 the backdrop is up to reveal the band on a 70s style set where Neil and the ensemble also perform. Jacoby

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: Boston tryout
 Jun 23 2022, 11:24:44 PM

Just got back from the 3rd preview. Went in with medium expectation and would probably rate it a solid B/B+. My mom (late 60s) and myself (early 30s) agreed the we would rank it just below Beautiful.

Will Swenson, Mark Jacoby and Robyn Hurder all give great performances. Robyn is particular gets some great solo numbers where she also gets to dance. The ensemble is great, really high energy. 

The audience was filled with people close to my moms age and they really loved it.

COVID performance cancellation
 Dec 28 2021, 03:59:16 PM

ACL2006 said: "spicemonkey said: "Robbie2 said: "ACL2006 said: "So 1/2-1/5 we'll get Max Clayton?"

I guess so - Per Telecharge :Mr. Jackman will not be appearing in THE MUSIC MAN on the following dates:
January 2 - 5, 2022
"

Do we thinkSean Montgomery would be on as Harold Hill?
"

I'm sure he'll get rehearsed in case Clayton is out. But as a standby, Max would be first to go on.

Tom Kitt/Yorkey Musical
 Sep 29 2021, 11:50:06 AM

$30 tix using code HEARTBEAT saw it on a FB ad and it worked for me!

Assassins - CSC
 Sep 21 2021, 01:39:04 PM

supersam1026 said: "Just got the e-mail. Got my first date requested and the exact seats I had previously. So minus the wait, this was actually a fairly easy experience overall."

Same here. November can't come soon enough!

Dave Malloy's Moby Dick at A.R.T.
 Dec 4 2019, 02:09:23 PM

Re: Participating

What happens last night was:

At the end of part 1 during the ‘5 minute pause,’ Manik Choksi (Ishmael) asked for audience volunteers to participate in Part 2. He did his best to select audience members from throughout the theater. Roughly 15-16 people were chosen.

I’ll be attending opening next Wednesday and once more later in the run so I can update if this changes

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You