News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for copathetiic

Member Name: copathetiic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Frozen on Broadway - Where did they go wrong?
 May 15 2020, 12:37:22 PM
when i saw the stage production i had never seen the movie so i was going in blind and that may play a part in my view on it but the issue for me was that after the show was over i remembered the special
effects more than the songs or the story.

Company Previews Thread
 Mar 12 2020, 04:34:39 PM

qolbinau said: "Can they record a cast album in the down time?"

They posted a new Instagram video with a recorded audio of Bobby Conte Thornton singing “Another Hundred People”. Makes me feel they already recorded one. May be wrong through. 

AIDA Revival!
 Mar 12 2020, 12:36:11 AM

According to a casting call for the developmental lab it looks like the character of Aida’s father has been replaced and changed to her mother. It listed a specific vocal range for the character as well which makes me believe they’ve written a new song for the character. Excited to see this new revival.

Link to casting call for those interested
https://www.broadwayworld.com/equity-audition/AIDA-Developmental-Agreement-2019-22612

Barrett Wilbert Weed from Mean Girls stage door incident
 Mar 8 2020, 12:26:35 AM

DoTheDood said: "hork said: "I'm fully on her side except where she said "women don't get to have boundaries." This isn't a gender issue at all. It could have easily happened to a man and probably does very often. She should have said "actors don't get to have boundaries," which is absolutely true."

Exactly, a great example that came to mind was what happened to Ethan Slater in 2018
"

Wait, I missed som

Company Previews Thread
 Mar 3 2020, 10:40:38 AM
Anybody have a complete standby/understudy list?
Company Previews Thread
 Mar 2 2020, 11:14:41 PM
Looks like the show just got out. Can’t wait for everyone’s thoughts on the show!
New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso )
 Feb 26 2020, 12:50:27 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Will someone be taking over Presley’s understudy track for the month of March?"

Per equity regulations they can’t have any less cast members than they opened with, so if Presley is taking over for her, even for a month, I’m guessing they will need to hire someone to cover. 

New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso )
 Feb 25 2020, 02:19:00 PM

Tommymac 2 said: "MannPhan24601 said: "When Daveed left abrubtly from Hamilton , didn't they have Seth Stewart and Andrew Chappelle rotate the role for 3 months then Seth took over permanently for a year ???"

Oh wow ! We didn’t know that !

im assuming if they truly are closing in June. It would make sense just to bump up Presley.

is it easier to hire a new swing to learn all the parts? Or to just hire a new pri

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
 Feb 25 2020, 02:17:20 PM
Looks like no new replacement this week. According to Dana Steingold’s Instagram her and Presley will be splitting the role this week.
2020-2021 Touring Season
 Feb 24 2020, 08:19:25 PM

Proctors in Schenectady was just announced.

Hadestown will be teching and launching their tour - Oct 13-18 2020
My Fair Lady - Nov 10-15 2020
Pretty Woman - Dec 2-6 2020
To Kill A Mockingbird - Dec 29 2020-Jan 3 2021
Mean Girls - Feb 2-7 2021
Aida will be teching and launching their tour - Mar 16-21 2020
The Prom - Mar 30-Apr 4 2021
The Lion King - Apr 15-Mar 2 2021

Relatives in Musicals
 Feb 24 2020, 03:22:13 PM
Caroline Bowman and Austin Colby who play Elsa and Hans on the national tour of Frozen are married.

Also there are countless examples of people starting a relationship while doing a show together.

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Feb 24 2020, 12:44:41 PM

Proctors in Schenectady is announcing tonight. Come From Away was supposed to be this seasons opener but got added onto the 19-20 season and there are a few shows teching at Proctors in the 20-21 season.

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Feb 24 2020, 11:11:44 AM
Anyone know what’s going on with Ginna Claire? Brittany Johnson just posted that she’s gonna be on for Glinda for almost every show between March 3rd and March 26th
Mean Girls Cast Replacements
 Feb 13 2020, 08:27:04 PM

superiska123 said: "Could the reason for asking Jonalyn to do the commercial instead simply be that Laura's costume/wig wasn't ready in time?"

They were all wearing simple pink dresses that don’t appear in the show and it looked as if their real hair was styled. No wigs. 

Plus they flew Jonalyn out from tour causing her to miss shows which is why I had questions about it. 

Flying Over Sunset
 Feb 13 2020, 08:10:26 PM
The original casting call did say there was a possibility of an extension.
SIX - Preview Thread
 Feb 13 2020, 11:06:16 AM

metropolis10111 said: "have we gotten word if they are allowing the filming of the Megasix?"

According to Twitter, they didn’t allow it at the dress rehearsal but that may change with previews or opening night. 

SIX - Preview Thread
 Feb 13 2020, 11:06:00 AM

metropolis10111 said: "have we gotten word if they are allowing the filming of the Megasix?"

According to Twitter, they didn’t allow it at the dress rehearsal but that may change with previews or opening night. 

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre
 Feb 12 2020, 10:24:19 PM
In A Bronx Tale when Calogero calls Jane’s brother the n word.
 Feb 12 2020, 10:18:24 PM
Looks like they filmed a new commercial today with The Plastics, most likely because Kate is leaving. However it was with Jonalyn Saxer and not Laura Leigh Turner which is interesting.
 Feb 11 2020, 12:53:43 PM

BroadwayGuy12 said: "For those interested in seeing Sabrina, note her performance schedule on the Mean Girls website:

"From March 10 – March 31, Sabrina Carpenter is scheduled to perform at all evening performances, but will not be performing at the 2pm matinee performances on Wednesdays or Saturdays.

From April 1 – June 7, Sabrina Carpenter is scheduled to perform at seven performances per week. She will not be performing in 2pm matinee performances on Wednesdays, or 6:30pm evening performances on Sundays."

https://meangirlsonbroadway.com/frequently-asked-questions/#what-is-the-performance-schedule
"

That makes sense as to why Tee is coming back considering their current Cady standby is taking over for Janis

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You