News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DPACSTH

DPACSTH Profile Photo
Member Name: DPACSTH
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Act I Finales
 Nov 1 2011, 06:42:55 PM
Major - Yeah, I've heard less than stellar recording of "Defying Gravity" and it didn't do it justice. I've seen it once and we have tickets for a tour show next Spring. My only live experience of it was sung by Vicki Noon and she was/is fantastic.
ELF Returning in 2012?
 Nov 1 2011, 06:40:40 PM
Thanks, CATS. I know. I was being a little snarky in my response earlier, too. Some people have very strong opinions one way or another. I was told by a few people that we shouldn't bother with ROA and my wife and I loved it last week. Definitely glad we made the decision.
ELF Returning in 2012?
 Nov 1 2011, 06:33:39 PM
Hmmm..food for thought. Thanks, Adam.
Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
 Nov 1 2011, 06:27:34 PM
I've seen it in both NYC and on a tour. The tour was in Raleigh a few years ago and it was good, but on Broadway it was better. Can't remember actors from either show. I like the show a lot...very catchy songs. When I listen to the cast recording, I'm usually obsessively singing the "Press Conference Rag" and annoying my wife and others.
ELF Returning in 2012?
 Nov 1 2011, 06:21:10 PM
Well this thread answered the question I had about whether or not we should even see this show should the opportunity present itself. lol.
Adam Pascal Opening Night in Memphis
 Nov 1 2011, 06:15:29 PM
Seeing the 1st National Tour perform "Memphis" in the Spring in Durham, NC. I've heard nothing but great things.
ROA still running....and running..and running...
 Nov 1 2011, 06:14:02 PM
Just saw it for the first time this past Friday and it was a non-Equity cast and they were fantastic. Loved the show and the music. As children of the 80's my wife and I were singing along with every song.

We saw "Billy Elliot" last season and it was good, but we left way more energized after ROA...even though we really liked Billy. We'd like to see this next year on Broadway when we go. Along with "Wicked" at the Gershwin and a couple others.

re: Best Act I Finales
 Nov 1 2011, 06:11:31 PM
"Defying Gravity" for me hands down. That's probably so cliched by now, but I don't care.
Which cast recording could you listen to over and over again?
 Nov 1 2011, 06:10:26 PM
Wow. Probably "Wicked", "Les Miserables" or "Chicago(Revival)". Throw in "Spring Awakening" as well. That's a tough one. Ask me tomorrow and it'll probably be different.

Australian Addams Family
 Nov 1 2011, 06:07:39 PM
This is the one show we decided to drop on our season ticket plan in our city. Just had no interest.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You