News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for squip

squip Profile Photo
Member Name: squip
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film
 Mar 16 2020, 10:09:43 PM

Phantom4ever said: "Sorry if this is a dumb question but are they using the Robbins choreography for the Spielberg film?"

Justin Peck choreographed the film and I don't believe he used any of the original Robbins choreography. 

Beetlejuice to re-open the Palace?
 Apr 20 2020, 11:29:57 AM
I would rather see the Aida revival reopen the Palace, if the timelines match up.
Saving Playbills?
 Mar 26 2020, 01:38:05 PM
Maybe you could try selling some of them, or give them to someone who collects playbills?
Aaron Tveit has tested positive (BUT IS OK!)
 Mar 25 2020, 03:43:03 PM
Laura Bell Bundy posted on instagram that she tested positive.
What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?
 Mar 15 2020, 12:07:24 PM
Girl From the North Country on February 19th!
Musicals about the internet?
 Mar 12 2020, 09:06:32 PM
Mean Girls talks about social media a lot. What about Nerds, the musical about Steve Jobs and Bill Gates that got cancelled before opening on broadway? Does that count?
SIX Broadway Reviews?
 Mar 12 2020, 08:26:23 PM
Does anybody know if reviews for Six will be released tonight even though opening night was cancelled? I'd imagine many of the reviewers probably saw the show during final previews, I'm just not sure if they would still publish them if the production isn't officially open. It's a rare situation.

Whenever the reviews do come out, this can be the thread to discuss them.

Girl From the North Country Broadway Reviews
 Mar 5 2020, 03:23:46 PM
Happy opening to Girl From the North Country! This will be the space to discuss reviews.

Here is one from the Wall Street Journal: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/girl-from-the-north-country-review-back-home-again-on-desolation-row-11583437370

Girl From the North Country Stage Door
 Mar 5 2020, 03:17:36 PM
Colton Ryan stagedoored when I went to a wednesday matinee a few weeks ago. Not many cast members came out though
Hadestown cast replacements
 Mar 2 2020, 11:04:06 AM

steven22 said: "Paigiemo21 said: "Khalia posted she will be on as Eurydice with another Orpheus March 12-15th. Anyone know when Eva and Reeve will return? Thanks! "

I wonder who is playing Orpheus...Anthony or John? I'd love to see either but am really hoping to see John...
"

John just posted on instagram that he'll be on for Orpheus March 12th-15th!

Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
 Feb 28 2020, 07:49:15 PM
Sneak peaks of merch were just posted on instagram. All looks great, especially that "no strings good times" shirt.
Mean Girls Cast Replacements
 Feb 26 2020, 12:42:04 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "Anyone know what will be Lily Kaufmanns role with the show will be?

sidenote: any relation to Olivia or is the last name just coincidence?
"

Maria Briggs just announced her final show is March 15th, and Liv's instagram bio says she starts March 10th. Could she be replacing her as a swing?

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice
 Feb 25 2020, 10:22:35 AM

dramamama611 said: "I don't think there was any OFFICIAL word that a replacement would be named.

They cannot just "let" the two understudies just play the part until it closes. Equity regulations. I THINK after 2 weeks, the actor must be given a principal contract. (Or something close to that.)
"

The press releasement from friday afternoon did say that Presley would be taking over through Sunday February 23rd, and that a new Lydia

Relatives in Musicals
 Feb 24 2020, 07:12:59 PM
What about Adam and Arielle Jacobs in Aladdin? Not sure if that technically counts since I don't think they ever appeared in the same company at the same time (a la Sutton and Hunter in Grease)
Awards Host 2020
 Feb 24 2020, 07:02:49 PM

hak5 said: "Alex Brightman !!!"

Considering Beetlejuice closes the day before the Tonys, I really don't think he would do it this year, but I think he'd be a great host in the future! 

Relatives in Musicals
 Feb 23 2020, 06:23:48 PM

TheGingerBreadMan said: "Jessie Mueller as Jenna in Waitress on Broadway, and her sister Abby, who played the role on tour."

You're thinking of Carole King in Beautiful. Jessie originated the role on broadway, but Abby originated the track on tour and eventually did a stint on broadway. 

I also just remembered Stephanie and Marc Crousillat, who play sharks in the current West Side Story revival. 

Relatives in Musicals
 Feb 23 2020, 05:26:06 PM
David Guzman and Jacob Guzman in Newsies

Andy Karl and Orfeh in Legally Blonde, Pretty Woman, Joseph

I'm sure some young twins have shared Lulu in Waitress?

Tony Awards Host 2020
 Feb 23 2020, 04:48:08 PM
I'm hoping for John Mulaney. Lin Manuel Miranda needs to host someday.
New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Feb 13 2020, 10:10:13 AM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Breaking-Lindsay-Pearce-and-Sam-Gravitte-Will-Be-WICKEDs-New-Elphaba-Fiyero-20200213
Mean Girls Cast Replacements
 Feb 11 2020, 12:12:27 PM
Tee Boyich is coming back to standby from March 10th through the end of summer!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You