News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaybffs

Member Name: bwaybffs
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Here Lies Love Rush
 Sep 30 2023, 03:18:23 PM

I arrived at the box office today (Saturday, 9/30) around 10:25 and was able to secure a rush ticket for the floor for today’s matinee. Not sure if that’s because this performance didn’t sell well, but wanted to let people know that they still do sell the floor for rush. 

Broadway Discounts
 May 2 2023, 01:55:40 PM

Anyone have a code for Merrily We Roll Along at the Hudson? Not sure if there have been any but figured I'd ask. 

Phantom Standing Room for Sold Out Performances
 Jan 5 2023, 11:23:39 PM

Has anyone done standing room for Phantom? If so, is it worth it? Has standing room been selling out? Given that next weekend's performances are completely sold out, I don't think I have any other option to see it (besides trying the lotto of course) on my upcoming trip to NYC. 

Company
 Apr 30 2022, 06:21:07 PM

Full cast in for the matinee today as well! 

Company
 Apr 28 2022, 10:13:17 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "ACL2006 said: "Last night was the first night since the beginning of March that the entire cast was in the show without any understudies."

Could THIS possibly be the reason they haven’t made a cast recording yet? I think it’s plausible that they had a scheduled date for recording but we’re sidelined by all the positive tests and absences. Pure speculation on my part, however.
"

When do you think th

What's next in 2022 for the Broadway Theatre
 Apr 26 2022, 08:12:44 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "I know “Once Upon A One More Time” is rumored for the Lunt but I feel like it would sell out the Broadway."

I think I saw on another thread that The Devil Wears Prada is rumored for the Lunt. Where do you think Once Upon A One More Time would go then? 

Company Rush Tickets?
 Jan 13 2022, 04:05:53 PM

Trish2 said: "Does anyone know where the TKTS seats have been located for COMPANY? Thx!"

Yes, that's where I got my Company tickets this weekend. Went up to the booth on Saturday afternoon for the Sunday matinee and purchased Fourth row Center Orchestra for $108 a seat. Could not believe it when the TKTS worker told me that. Great seats and great experience!

Funny Girl 2022 Revival
 Jan 12 2022, 01:26:00 PM

Does anyone know if there's currently a discount code for this or where one might be? 

Too Early Tony Nom Predictions
 Jan 11 2022, 11:50:56 AM

I don’t see much about MJ on this thread. I know it just started previews last month, but it’s been getting rave reviews on social media so far. I just saw it this weekend and thought it was absolutely spectacular. Definitely think it will be a high contender for Tony noms this season, especially Myles Frost.

Company reviews
 Jan 10 2022, 09:23:40 PM

Just saw this production yesterday and oh was it lovely! I think we already knew this, but the cast is STACKED, and each deliver a phenomenal performance. Already planning my return to see it. Does anyone know if there are plans for a Broadway cast recording? I sure am hoping so.

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?
 Jan 10 2022, 05:17:23 PM

We just won the Six lottery this weekend. Well, we got an email notifying us that we were “standby winners,” which meant that we would have the opportunity to purchase lottery tickets if the people who actually won ahead of us did not do so in the 1 hour time frame they were given. The seats ended up being 4th row Center Orchestra. Not bad at all for $34 lol! 

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
 Jan 10 2022, 05:12:29 PM

Does anyone know when this is expected to come to Broadway? I’ve tried researching, but I can’t find a proposed time frame. Perhaps nothing’s been announced yet, so curious to know what you guys think

Time You Hit the Sidewalk Following Evening Performance
 Jan 10 2022, 12:55:03 PM

I was just at yesterday’s 3 PM matinee, and the 2 hours & 45 minute run time is accurate. The cast began bows at 5:46. I only know that because I was on a time crunch to make it to Six’s 6 PM performance directly after. However, the bows are pretty quick. By the time I left my seat and was almost out the door, they were already done with them. 

Twitter Tea Mystery
 Oct 23 2020, 08:19:33 PM

I am sorry, but who is Jeff Richards?

Twitter Tea Mystery
 Oct 23 2020, 05:17:46 PM

So the former EIC of Playbill is "spilling tea" on Twitter about some of his experiences. I was wondering if you guys happen to know who this tweet is alluding to: https://twitter.com/MarkPeikert/status/1319725436189003776?s=20. I don't remember any of this happening recently, but I could just be forgetting something. 

In case the tweet happens to get deleted, it says "Sometimes I think about the TV star who came to Broadway in a much-reviled new adaptation of a classic book, and had no idea that people hated the show because her team had hidden the reviews from her and she just wasn't curious."

*** DISCLAIMER: This is NOT meant to cause any trouble or harm to ANY party involved. I am just genuinely curious and I'm sure someone probably knows what it's about. ***

Is This The End of Beetlejuice?
 Apr 8 2020, 11:55:58 AM

UPDATE: https://www.playbill.com/article/beetlejuice-officially-closes-at-the-winter-garden-theatre-after-broadway-extends-shutdown

Playbill states Beetlejuice is now closed, but has anything officially been announced by the show?

Is This The End of Beetlejuice?
 Apr 8 2020, 11:53:17 AM

With the announcement of Broadway remaining dark until June 7th, what is Beetlejuice's fate, since the show was supposed to end its run June 6th? 

Did the CDC just close Brooadway for 8 weeks?
 Mar 16 2020, 11:07:36 AM

uncageg said: "Cuomo just made it official."

Made what official??

Isaac Powell-West Side Story
 Mar 4 2020, 03:28:32 PM

Did wes post stuff of Isaac?

West Side Story Rush/Lottery Updates
 Mar 2 2020, 01:15:13 PM

Got to the theatre around 7:30 AM on Saturday 2/29 and was first in line! Next group didn't arrive until 8:30, then the line grew rapidly from there. I think the cold weather was why people didn't arrive earlier. I was given Left Orchestra, Row C, Seats 10 & 12 (marked partial view) for the evening show. 

Personally, I thought the seats were great for $39! They are SO close, and you could pretty much see everything. The only con, as previously mentioned, was the height

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You