News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ladylusiphur

Member Name: Ladylusiphur
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which shows will Covid-19 end?
 Mar 16 2020, 08:56:39 AM

Crossing my fingers and hoping that Caroline opens, and perhaps extends a run for a few months. I'd wanted to see this for a long time but our currently booked trip is scheduled for August so when the tickets went on sale I wasn't expecting it'd still be around by then anyway. 

It's still a slim chance that it'll open at all of course under the circumstances, but you never know. (as long as we're not still feeling travel impact later in the year of cou

A Sequel To West Side Story
 Mar 9 2020, 08:25:15 AM

Fan123 said: "So sort of.... '& Maria'?"

Hmmmm.... It does have a familiar ring to it.... 

Seriously though, do we need this? Maria isn't exactly the most exciting character in musical history. Anita always seemed like the most interesting of the two female leads to me, I'd find it more interesting if they did something about the lives of the secondary/minor characters as the main events are happening, a bit Rosencra

What do you Recommend?
 Mar 3 2020, 07:42:45 AM

Hadestown, it's just breathtaking. Certainly a bit more heavy going than Come from Away (which is also my go-to choice to recommend) but has some lighter moments, and the music just takes you to another place. Certainly the best thing I've seen in a theatre in years, and I've seen a lot of great shows. 

Hadestown cast replacements
 Mar 3 2020, 07:38:19 AM

I hope all of the original leads stay, but if any do leave it would be nice to see the replacements come from within the Hadestown family. Kimberly has received some great reviews as Persephone, so if her hard work pays off then I'm thrilled for her. We saw her perform some solo songs in the Hadestown Broadway Sessions show back in September and she was amazing. 

Miguel Cervantes to Play Title Role in Hamilton on Broadway
 Mar 2 2020, 07:34:07 AM

Do we know how long he's likely to stay or is it just 'watch this space'? I'll be in New York in a few months and would love to see him. (although happy with whoever) 

Diana A True Musical Story
 Feb 28 2020, 07:37:28 AM

It just seems like such a weird premise for a musical. If the story was unfamiliar enough that we believed in the fairytale romance aspect enough to be surprised when it all comes crashing down, then I guess that would make for an interesting enough story. Sadly, most people attending will know from the beginning how it works out, so actually it's got to come across as a bit depressing throughout. If they were doing a play, maybe showing some new point of view then I could get it, but a m

Chris Evans in Talks to Play Orin in LITTLE SHOP Remake
 Feb 25 2020, 07:50:33 AM

I haven't read much about the new version, is there any info about whether they'll be putting the missing songs back in? I absolutely adore the original movie and it'll be hard to top, but I do love quite a few of the show songs that didn't make the final cut. 

If so, I also don't think you'd need huge vocal skills to tackle 'Now/It's Just the Gas' either, it's more the comedy/dramatic timing, and I can imagine Chris being pretty great. He&#

THE INHERITANCE to close
 Feb 24 2020, 08:02:53 AM

qolbinau said: "Re: the earlier comments. Yes scarlet should have been able to play trans, too. This is an even easier example to use because at least in the case of The Inheritance it is plausible they could have found suitable gay actors. If they really wanted to make it gay only they might have been able to. Scarlett J is an a-list critically acclaimed movie actress. That is a very limited talent pool to find a trans artist. Had the movie gone ahead it could have brought trans iss

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?
 Feb 14 2020, 08:03:07 AM

I was wondering how censored it has to be to comply with the rules. For example, The Tony's Performance of Yorktown (version I've seen on YouTube, don't know if it was different in person) has a slightly toned down version of Mulligan's F-Bomb. It's not quite censored, but he doesn't say it as outright as he does in the show either. So it's still there in spirit but not quite as offensive and doesn't change the intention as much. Does that still count as s

Entrances That Give You Chills
 Feb 4 2020, 07:41:04 AM

Gensho said: "As a side note to this discussion, the concept of applauding for the entrance of a star on stage is very much an American construct. When I see shows on the West End, you almost never hear applause for the entrance of a star."

I learned this when seeing To Kill a Mockingbird last year. The opening is a slow build to the entrance of Jeff Daniels, and unfortunately the audience clapping did somewhat make it all about the actor, rather than the character w

Broadway Flops succeeding in Europe
 Feb 3 2020, 07:39:28 AM

I don't know about mainland Europe, but in the UK there certainly seems to be a divide. There are still a lot of more traditional shows opening here with established theatre actors in the leads, and many of the successful Broadway shows in recent years have become some of the most popular in the West End (Hamilton, Come From Away, DEH etc). 

However alongside that you also seem to find that the general touristy audiences are being courted with an endless array of move-based mu

Does actors and actresses reply to fan mail after they left
 Jan 30 2020, 07:39:59 AM

If not it may be worth going a search and trying to find out if he has an agent or management company, and sending something there. I sent a letter to John Cameron Mitchell and it took about 16 months to get a reply, but I got one! 

If Your Children are talking and restless-take them out
 Jan 27 2020, 07:51:52 AM

I've seen a general slide in behavior at theaters over the past few years, and in cinemas/movie theaters too. (I don't think i've seen a movie recently where people haven't talked throughout.)

The thing is, I can kind of understand that when you're watching a film it's a reasonably cheap night out so there will be a range of people in the audience. Theater though? Who can afford to pay $100+ for a ticket and then miss most of the show by talk

Jamie
 Jan 24 2020, 07:48:01 AM

I wonder how well the language would translate to international audiences. I remember when I first saw it in London, being quite amused at an American gentleman requesting a definition of the word 'minger' by an ice-cream seller. 

I've since seen it a couple of times with different casts, looking forward to seeing the film and/or any future versions. 

SeatPlan Broadway
 Jan 24 2020, 07:41:46 AM

Will any of the plans be updated to include missing seats? I have photos from a box at the Walter Kerr, but they're not included on the plan. These seats are often ones people want to know what the view is like due to them being at the side and partially obstructed. I know I did plenty of research before I booked mine. 

What would you see if you had a time machine and tickets to 3 shows?
 Jan 23 2020, 08:04:01 AM

I'd like to see a version of Hedwig and the Angry Inch with John Cameron Mitchell, either the original run or the Broadway revival, I don't mind which.

The other two would be one of the previous versions of Hadestown, to see how it evolved over time, and The King & I with Yul Brynner.

Shubert now has gender neutral bathrooms
 Jan 23 2020, 08:00:24 AM

I wouldn't mind who was using any of them, I just wish there were more! (I know it's never going to happen). Seeing To Kill a Mockingbird I was lucky to get to the balcony restrooms pretty quickly and didn't have to queue, but nearer the end of the intermission the queue was practically down to the Mezzanine!

(It was also worrying that the gaps at each side of the door are so big you can wave to people waiting outside, although this seems to be pretty co

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You